Photo

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#441 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

I apologize for the lack of information when I asked for help. I got it fixed. I was trying to use the Batman utility that I downloaded and thought was the right one to use. I kept reading all over the place and found that Razr Blade was what I was needing. And to answer some of what you guys were asking, I have windows 7. I have all the right drivers for sure. I uninstalled the moto ones and then when I connected my phone again I let them download all over again so I knew that I had the right ones. The important thing here is, is that I did get it fixed and I appreciate the help that you all gave to me. Now for a little bit more help....what is the batman utility for anyways? If it's not for rooting the phone then what is it? From what I understand it's supposed to root the phone, but yet it won't run anything on my computer when I launch it and hit any key. Anywho, thanks everyone very much for the help. I'm glad that I was able to figure it out in the end.

Glad you solved your problem. I have had some issues running Matt's Utility on my Netbook, because of the limited RAM. Installing SS, running Razor Blade, installing SuperUser from Matt's utilities work fine, they are very short and don't use much RAM.
You did say you were running win7 so I'm assuming you have plenty of RAM so I would look at how many programs are running when you run the utility...might be wise to reboot and stop anything that runs on boot until you are do e.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

#442 patooyee

patooyee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I am having trouble rooting using the Batman utility. I think it has to do with Smart Actions having been messed with. I've tried erasing the app's data to no avail. Am thinking of Using option #2 to reinstall the firmware but don't want to loose all my app, etc. Can anyone confirm that option 2 will in fact preserve all my apps and data?

#443 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yes it will.... :)

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

• patooyee likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#444 patooyee

patooyee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Yes it will.... :)

Sorry, I just want to make sure I understand you right ... 

Yes it will erase all apps or yes it will preserve them?

#445 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Sorry.... yes it will preserve all user data.... :)

jhf.png

#446 patooyee

patooyee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thanks.  It worked.  Some clarification on Safestrap though:

I've installed it and backed up my stock ROM in the stock rom slot.  My understanding is that I should now basically leave that slot alone and install a new rom in another slot and run it so that if I screw anything up I can always load my stock rom in case of emergency?

If that is correct, and I don't want to do anything crazy at this time, don't I need to somehow copy the stock rom into one of the other slots and boot into that before I do anything?  How do I copy my current rom into a new slot?

#447 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

The stock slot IS your regular daily driver ROM. If you want to mess with it at all, simply restore your backup on one of the other slots. Then do as you will, but don't get carried away unless you know what you're doing. When or if you mess up, simply reboot the phone, enter safestrap recovery, and activate the stock slot.

Fat-fingered from my D-Maxx.

#448 patooyee

patooyee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I guess I don't know how to use Safestrap at all / restore the backup onto another slot.  I realize that I am a total noob and am possibly wasting your time, so maybe if there was a safestrap user guide somewhere that you could link me to?

#449 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Up to boot in a particular slot, set up slot partition values, let the phone prepare the slot, back one menu page, opt to restore, then select your backup. Go ahead and explore the menus in safestrap. You'll be just fine as long as you don't select or have any actions happen. Its very intuitive, you'll get the hang soon.

Fat-fingered from my D-Maxx.

#450 patooyee

patooyee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Thank you.  I think I did get it figured out.  I'm now using slot 1 as a copy of the stock rom.  I guess its on like Donkey Kong now.  :)

#451 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

My laptop is really slow and it went into Low battery while flashing. I thought I read a way to charge even with a bad flash. Is BP mode or something. Help? My fault not having a FULL charge.

#452 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

My laptop is really slow and it went into Low battery while flashing. I thought I read a way to charge even with a bad flash. Is BP mode or something. Help? My fault not having a FULL charge.

Yes there is a workaround.... (you understand its not 100% guaranteed ).... but power off..... the hold both volume buttons and power.... choose BP Tools from the menu..... plug into an AC (wall) charger..... if the charging animation comes up on the screen then it will work..... it may take a few tries to get it but if you do...... leave in on the charger about 1/2 hour AFTER it shows 100%.... (about 3 - 3 1/2 hours total)..... when done, boot to APFastboot and run the utility (or RSDlite or Same House of Moto) .... and go back to stock......

If it does not work.... you will need to buy (or make) a factory cable/adapter....

Good luck, I hope you get it going again....:)
  • johnbrain likes this

jhf.png

#453 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

We do have a thread that covers this as well.... (I just don't remember where we put it)... LOL
  • johnbrain likes this

jhf.png

#454 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Tools doesn't work. I guess due to the bad flash. It's weird. It says battery Okay then changes to Low battery. I think I'm best off just ordering a factory cable and save a little headache. AP Fastboot is the only mode that works. When i select tools or anything else it just says invalid flash mode then goes to AP Fastboot which ironically says Battery Okay.But I get no charging icon.

oh well.

My bad.

#455 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

Where you at, generally? Some of us DO have a factory cable. I'd meet you if you're in western 'Philly burbs.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#456 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for the thought. But I'm in north county San Diego. If anyone near San Marcos has one that would be great.

Btw do I charge with it or flash the rom with it then charge normally again?

Been ages since I've done anything with my RAZR but I was setting it up to be my son's first phone. I knew better but was excited to do that for him and jumped the gun

#457 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

The factory cable will allow you to flash only.... it will not charge the battery..... it supplies power directly to the mainboard.. :) After flashing you will be able to charge....:)
  • johnbrain likes this

jhf.png

#458 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Thanks. That's what I thought. Ordered on off ebay and should be good to go on Saturday

#459 eric303

eric303

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hey guys i used this utility to update my 2.3.5 razr up to 4.1.2, now its freaking out, i used option 1 put it into fastboot and everything went through fine, it install the radio after the boot. but now the screen will flicker and also the bottom half of the screen will be all checkered, if i click the home button or back button it will go away for a second then come back.

another weird thing i notice is that the volume down + power key does not force a shut down, but it takes a screen shot instead. And i know its not the screen issue, because in fastboot mode, the phone does not freak out.

System Version - 98.72.16.xt912.Verizon.en.US
Android - 4.1.2
Baseband - CDMA_N_05.21.00RLTEDC_U_09.1D.00
webtop version - wt-3.0.0
Kernel - 3.0.8gbacb1cf / hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid80 #1
build number - 9.8.2O-72_VZW-16

#460 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Answered you in the other topic you posted about this issue...:)

jhf.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users