Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] [Rom]Gummy 1.0.1 - 04/19/12 [Aosp][Beta][4.0.3](Gingerbread Users Only!)

• Please log in to reply
1486 replies to this topic

#1421 churchmouth

churchmouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/leftspin
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

This ROM is GB kernel all the way down, there is no support for ICS kernel yet as far as I know.

You'll probably softbrick if you flash this over a leak or the OTA

#1422 tomtreas

tomtreas

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

So... it's been a couple of weeks since the OTA released for the XT912. Are there no plans to do Gummy with the new OTA kernel and such? I've seen nothing about it from TeamGummy as of yet aside 3 nightlys that I have asked directly about via email to Kejar31 but have not received any reply.

#1423 PwnFx

PwnFx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hi, I'm trying to flash this with safeboot's safemode, running the stock OTA ICS. After I flash the gummy rom and gapps, and reboot, it just stays on a black screen, forcing a manual reboot. Any tips for getting this running?
Thanks in advance.

#1424 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi, I'm trying to flash this with safeboot's safemode, running the stock OTA ICS. After I flash the gummy rom and gapps, and reboot, it just stays on a black screen, forcing a manual reboot. Any tips for getting this running?
Thanks in advance.

Congrats. You just softbricked. This is a Gingerbread rom and you are on ice cream sandwich. Hop in chat and have someone help you unbrick your phone. In the future though, take a little more time to learn about what you are doing and ALWAYS read the OP ( original or first post)

Not trying to be a prick but people need to read more.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#1425 PwnFx

PwnFx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Congrats. You just softbricked. This is a Gingerbread rom and you are on ice cream sandwich. Hop in chat and have someone help you unbrick your phone. In the future though, take a little more time to learn about what you are doing and ALWAYS read the OP ( original or first post)

I didn't softbrick, I was in safemode. I just read that above me and couldn't find the edit button, so please ignore my last reply.
I'm back to normal now.
Also, nowhere in the OP does it state that this is a GB rom.

#1426 littlewing745

littlewing745

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

In his defense, that's precisely what my post and the last few are about. The OP does not state it is a GB Rom. Additionally, I actually had this running on a few ICS leaks, so it isn't completely crazy to suspect it would work on an OTA. For whatever reason, this ROM has absolutely zero support for the Razr in this forum or any other forum in which it is currently posted (believe me, I've searched long and hard several times). It's a shame, it's a solid ROM. I guess the next round will be official ICS OTA-based, but we'll have to wait and see.

#1427 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm sorry. You are definitely right on that one.

#1428 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'm sorry. You are definitely right on that one.

Well, I'm not so sure. :) In Kejar's defense, this thread has a date of 4/19/12 in the subject line. Being that neither the official ICS or the leaks were in existence at that time, it's obvious it's based on GB. Why would anybody put the OS (other than the version of it) that it's based on in the subject line or the OP when the only operating system out there at the time was GB? ;)

#1429 tomtreas

tomtreas

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Fearless leader says this project is done. RIP Gummy. Sorry to see you stop.

#1430 churchmouth

churchmouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/leftspin
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

That's really disappointing, Gummy's been one of my favorite ROMs since FroYo on my Droid X
  • goatastic likes this

#1431 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

People are getting confused and think this is an ICS rom. Moderators should delete this thread as there is no point of it being here anymore. Nothing can be gained from flashing this.
Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

#1432 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

People are getting confused and think this is an ICS rom. Moderators should delete this thread as there is no point of it being here anymore. Nothing can be gained from flashing this.
Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

+1
Posted Image

#1433 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

People are getting confused and think this is an ICS rom. Moderators should delete this thread as there is no point of it being here anymore. Nothing can be gained from flashing this.<br />Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

<br /><br />There are still users out there who have not updated to ICS and don't plan to anytime soon so deleting the thread may not be the best way to go.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#1434 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

As an Mod in Germany i can tell you, delete an Thread should always be the last option.
Google doesn't like it, when Threads get deleted. As soon as you post an new Thread, they got it in their System. When you now delete it, they got an dead link in their search results. When it happens to often, DroidRzR will go down in their list and you wouldn't found it on the first pages, when you Google about the Razr.

I know, my English is bad and it's not easy to complain. But it is how it is :ph34r:

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#1435 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

Topic Title has been edited to reflect that this is for Gingerbread Users Only. Also added a line in the OP, the very first line. Stating that this will only work with Gingerbread and is not to be used on ICS.
  • dillanshives likes this

#1436 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Kejar posted on Twitter:

An end to an era - RIP Gummy

Well guys I think I am done with Gummy. It has been fun but too costly on mine and family’s time. Over the last few months I have really lost interest and this has become more of a job than something I did for fun. Adam and I have talked and we both agree that the whole project has just burnt us out. To do a proper Gummy with JB would require way more work than I am really willing to put into it at this point.

I am not quitting completely, I am just done running a project. I am sure you will see me here and there helping other teams/friends out. It was fun while it lasted but everything has to come to an end.

vtc.png

#1437 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Kejar posted on Twitter:

An end to an era - RIP Gummy

Well guys I think I am done with Gummy. It has been fun but too costly on mine and family’s time. Over the last few months I have really lost interest and this has become more of a job than something I did for fun. Adam and I have talked and we both agree that the whole project has just burnt us out. To do a proper Gummy with JB would require way more work than I am really willing to put into it at this point.

I am not quitting completely, I am just done running a project. I am sure you will see me here and there helping other teams/friends out. It was fun while it lasted but everything has to come to an end.

DAMN! I totally understand...I am also a family man, but DAMMIT! Gummy was an awesome, feature filled, solid rom. Loved it while I ran it..
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#1438 nybelle

nybelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

I know this is me being lazy, but I don't even know where to start reading...I've been out of the country for a month, and just revived my razr, currently running gummy.
What do I do now, how do I go to ICS?
Dont hate on me!

#1439 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

I know this is me being lazy, but I don't even know where to start reading...I've been out of the country for a month, and just revived my razr, currently running gummy.
What do I do now, how do I go to ICS?
Dont hate on me!

Well in case you didn't know gummy rom is no more.

You could just fast boot back to 181 and take 211 OTA for ICS and go from there.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#1440 nybelle

nybelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Well in case you didn't know gummy rom is no more.

You could just fast boot back to 181 and take 211 OTA for ICS and go from there.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the response.

I'm using Safestrap. Do I use Matts utility to fast boot back to 181? The latest says I need to be on ICS to use it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users