• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 dipsetdiplomat

dipsetdiplomat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Has anyone ever seen these files and are the legit because with the current files we have I would assume it would be bigger than 128 MB.

Sorry to remove the link, but there is just way too much risk of someone not knowing what they are doing trying this and seriously messing up their phone. Again, I am removing it for the safety of the community until these files are sifted through by the pros. If you have any questions, just DM me or you can email/Gtalk me at thach26@gmail.com

Edited by Thach, 13 March 2012 - 03:42 PM.
Removed link for phone safety concerns.

#2 xRoach

xRoach

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm about to test right now and after its unrared its 730 MB.

#3 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Wtf... where did this come from? The blur fxz was over 1gb... curious as to what this is...

I guess we'll see soon enough. Trying hard to not get my hopes up lol

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#4 dipsetdiplomat

dipsetdiplomat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

I hope it can at least help somehow.

#5 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Has anyone ever seen these files and are the legit because with the current files we have I would assume it would be bigger than 128 MB.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Assuming these turn out to be legit, you have been very helpful for spreading the word on these. If they aren't legit, thank you for trying to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#6 xRoach

xRoach

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yeah they don't work and now my phone wont even boot even after flashing the 6.11.173 fastboot files.

#7 dipsetdiplomat

dipsetdiplomat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Is it boot looping after the 6.11.173 flash or you cant even get past the M

#8 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yeah they don't work and now my phone wont even boot even after flashing the 6.11.173 fastboot files.

For reference, you shouldn't RSD SBF files until after evaluating their contents. If they modify the bootloader (which they can, they are able to have Motorola signatures in them) they can make it impossible to revert to a lower version even via RSD.

Have you tried doing a factory reset in stock recovery? Does RSD give any erorrs when flashing .173?
  • xRoach likes this

#9 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Is it boot looping after the 6.11.173 flash or you cant even get past the M

Please add to the OP a very large bold message stating these are not to be used. They need to be evaluated by staff to verify their safety and authenticity.

#10 xRoach

xRoach

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

For reference, you shouldn't RSD SBF files until after evaluating their contents. If they modify the bootloader (which they can, they are able to have Motorola signatures in them) they can make it impossible to revert to a lower version even via RSD.

Have you tried doing a factory reset in stock recovery? Does RSD give any erorrs when flashing .173?

I fixed it.

#11 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

I fixed it.

Good to hear.

Please state how so that others will know if they bootloop their phone testing these.

#12 xRoach

xRoach

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

Good to hear.

Please state how so that others will know if they bootloop their phone testing these.

After I flashed these files it went to the M and went straight to the fastboot screen and said boot failure and 3 error codes at the bottom. After trying to restore it with the 6.11.173 fastboot files it wouldn't work so I tried one more time and closed Matts tool while flashing then tried one more time and it worked.

#13 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

Please please please nobody else flash these until a developer either here or on the site that the link takes you to checks these out. Without knowing what you are looking for or doing, there is HUGE potential for bricking your phone beyond fixing.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#14 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

DO NOT FLASH THESE FILES! THESE APPEAR TO BE FOR ENGINEERING FLAGGED PHONES, NOT CONSUMER

Sorry for the caps. From build.prop

ro.build.type=eng

Working on cleaning up the rest right now as it has no line breaks.

#15 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

DO NOT FLASH THESE FILES! THESE APPEAR TO BE FOR ENGINEERING FLAGGED PHONES, NOT CONSUMER

Sorry for the caps. From build.prop

ro.build.type=eng

Working on cleaning up the rest right now as it has no line breaks.

I am thinking caps are needed so no worries. The last thing we want is someone flashing and killing their phone.
  • Cruiserdude likes this

#16 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm working through cleaning up the build.prop in case there happens to be any useful info hidden in there. It is completely loaded with comments.

#17 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

If the file is for an engineering device they will do us absolutely no good what so ever. Engineering device have unsecured bootlaoders unlike our consumer units. To further add trying to flash a unsecured version to a secured device can in fact brick the device for good and NEVER be able to be saved. trust me I know I've had many many unlocked Moto devices over the yrs and actually have a D2 brick that is not able to be flashed anymore so its a nice paperweight now.

also if the file is only 128Mb there is no way it is a full flash file. that is an upgrade file at best. and like mentioned above if it does try and update the bootlaoder ppl could be hosed for good ever getting back on track with actual OTA updates

#18 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

If the file is for an engineering device they will do us absolutely no good what so ever. Engineering device have unsecured bootlaoders unlike our consumer units. To further add trying to flash a unsecured version to a secured device can in fact brick the device for good and NEVER be able to be saved. trust me I know I've had many many unlocked Moto devices over the yrs and actually have a D2 brick that is not able to be flashed anymore so its a nice paperweight now.

also if the file is only 128Mb there is no way it is a full flash file. that is an upgrade file at best. and like mentioned above if it does try and update the bootlaoder ppl could be hosed for good ever getting back on track with actual OTA updates

Thanks for your insight. I kind of wish I would have seen this thread sooner. Please people if you find something like this again, bring it up to a admin, mod, or developer first before posting it. We don't want someone to attempt to flash these and lose their phones for good.
  • Aixelsyd likes this

#19 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Here's a pastebin of the Build.Prop cleaned up a little. Too long of a day at work to handle being any cleaner, lol.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#20 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Too look at this positively, at least we have confirmation now that Verizon does in fact have a version coming :P
  • Thach likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users