Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Guessing there's a bit more to do. Well, I'm sure we're that much closer so that's a good thing!

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#23 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Any news on the update (attempted or not, successfull or not) and (shudder) an eta for TapaTalk?
Begining to feel like a Bionic user waiting on Moto.

#24 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Any news on the update (attempted or not, successfull or not) and (shudder) an eta for TapaTalk?
Begining to feel like a Bionic user waiting on Moto.

+1

Ive been neglecting my threads for the simple fact that tapatalk has been down. .. would be great to get it up and going again~ :ph34r:
  • trikotret, tucstwo, BytecodeMe and 2 others like this

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#25 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I am really curious as to what the heck is going on with this site. There was supposed to be an update to the site which was supposed to fix numerous things one of which is TAPATALK which a whole lot of members (paying and otherwise) depend on. I think it’s a bit unsettling that no one from staff and or ownership has updated this thread. Please let us know what is going on. I think that is not too much to ask. Thanks Nubia (Bill C)
  • trikotret likes this

#26 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Just wanted to step in here for a minute...

1)No the site was not upgraded as planned

2)Nope I have no idea what, when, who or why

3)We put this thread up a week ago because we wanted to share info with our great members here about upcoming events and you can be sure as soon is it is known among the staff the reasons and future plans we will gladly communicate it to everyone here...

We understand how important tapatalk is to many of you and we will work to get it fixed. Please don't shoot me for saying again the site works fine in your mobile browser for those on the go.

Hang in there guys. :)

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#27 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

I am really curious as to what the heck is going on with this site. There was supposed to be an update to the site which was supposed to fix numerous things one of which is TAPATALK which a whole lot of members (paying and otherwise) depend on. I think it’s a bit unsettling that no one from staff and or ownership has updated this thread. Please let us know what is going on. I think that is not too much to ask. Thanks Nubia (Bill C)

I apologize to you, sir. I WISH I could offer more information on this matter. Sadly (sadly) I have as much information as you do. And I speak for 98% of this forums staff when I say this. All I can do is offer you my personal apology on this matter. I'm sure there was SOME technical hold-up. What it was, in all honesty, I really can not comment as I do not know. As it's been said, we do have the mobile version of this site for the browser. But I'm not sure how much that consoles you. I apologize again.
  • trikotret, Memnoch73 and jp1044 like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#28 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

I apologize to you, sir. I WISH I could offer more information on this matter. Sadly (sadly) I have as much information as you do. And I speak for 98% of this forums staff when I say this. All I can do is offer you my personal apology on this matter. I'm sure there was SOME technical hold-up. What it was, in all honesty, I really can not comment as I do not know. As it's been said, we do have the mobile version of this site for the browser. But I'm not sure how much that consoles you. I apologize again.

Thank you. Better to have some response than none. I will surely be glad once it is back up, but at least there is still mobile site...
  • andlaw likes this

#29 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Calm down people. They'll get it done when they get it done. Use a browser. The mobile version lacks a lot but you can use the full version and it works fine. I have Tapatalk and use it but I don't find it near as functional as using the browser and the regular PC version of the site.

Just be patient. Nobody is sitting behind the scenes and getting kicks out of us not being able to use Tapatalk. Like I said, it will get done when it gets done.

#30 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

The only reason I can understand the frustration about the mobile site is this, has anyone that has tried it, went to a thread that is like 20+ pages? The mobile site will take you to the first page, then you have to patiently keep clicking next, next, next until you get to the last page so you can read the latest comment. I honestly think this is one of the main reasons people are getting a little frantic about getting tapatalk to work. I can sympathize with you guys on that, I really can. I know how annoying it gets.

However, think about this, it's Easter guys. People are with their families right now and have been with their families all day. I'm sure as soon as whoever was doing the update gets some time, they will update everyone on what happened.

That being said I swear I understand your frustrations, I hate the mobile site too lol. But just please be patient and wait for an update.

"Good things come to those who wait." "Patience is a virtue." I don't know any other good quotes lol. Take deep breath and remember, an update is coming, just be patient :)
  • trikotret likes this

#31 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

The only reason I can understand the frustration about the mobile site is this, has anyone that has tried it, went to a thread that is like 20+ pages? The mobile site will take you to the first page, then you have to patiently keep clicking next, next, next until you get to the last page so you can read the latest comment. I honestly think this is one of the main reasons people are getting a little frantic about getting tapatalk to work. I can sympathize with you guys on that, I really can. I know how annoying it gets.

However, think about this, it's Easter guys. People are with their families right now and have been with their families all day. I'm sure as soon as whoever was doing the update gets some time, they will update everyone on what happened.

That being said I swear I understand your frustrations, I hate the mobile site too lol. But just please be patient and wait for an update.

"Good things come to those who wait." "Patience is a virtue." I don't know any other good quotes lol. Take deep breath and remember, an update is coming, just be patient :)

I think the underlying fact to be made here, is it was posted about an update for Saturday.. but it is now Sunday night and no word was ever mentioned.... bill myself and I'm sure many others appreciate any insight on the matter

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#32 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

I think the underlying fact to be made here, is it was posted about an update for Saturday.. but it is now Sunday night and no word was ever mentioned.... bill myself and I'm sure many others appreciate any insight on the matter

I wish I had insight on it lol. I had nothing to do with the site updates. I just wanted people to know that I hate the mobile site as well and can't wait for tapatalk to be back up. I'm guessing since the update was supposed to be Saturday and it didn't happen, either the update didn't work, or the person that was supposed to do it didn't have time to do it. Now it's Sunday and everyone is wanting answers, I get that. It's also Easter though and most people are spending time with their kids and families, not worrying about a website. Which is completely understandable.
  • usmcamgrimm and B.E.McAllister like this

#33 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

I wish I had insight on it lol. I had nothing to do with the site updates. I just wanted people to know that I hate the mobile site as well and can't wait for tapatalk to be back up. I'm guessing since the update was supposed to be Saturday and it didn't happen, either the update didn't work, or the person that was supposed to do it didn't have time to do it. Now it's Sunday and everyone is wanting answers, I get that. It's also Easter though and most people are spending time with their kids and families, not worrying about a website. Which is completely understandable.

ohh i know, i i didnt expect any1 to work on stuff like this on a holiday like today., but again, the point i and maybe some others could agree on,,, is all we were looking for is maybe a message from an Admin of the site, stating the status of what was going on, since it was posted that an update would be saturday and now its the end of sunday night.... yeah, just was wanting to know whats goin on~ didnt think it would be too hard too without having to be asked. anyways whenever it happens i guess it happens.. till then im lke a ghost on here lol

Posted Image

#34 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I am not sir. My name is Bill or Nubia which ever you chose to use. I was not trying to be a smart rear end just wanted someone to respond with some kind of explanation as to what is going on. I have been nothing but patient and understanding. Trust me, I know how things happen and how thing work in the world. I just wanted some kind of idea as to what is up. I have obviously stirred some kind of angry emotion which was not my intention. I like a lot of other membership do use the tapatalk app . I do however use the mobile app which is a pain in the arse but does work in a pinch... that said I will continue to use it until the tapatalk is working again. I have noticed that since tapatalk has been down there has been a big "slow down" in activity on "our" site. I say “our” because I pretty much use DR exclusively and consider DR as the best and friendliest android related site. I have been a member since December 2011 and very much have been happy with what this site has had to offer. I have learned a lot here and appreciate all the hard work the development community has done. I do a lot to support the developers independently and the site financially. I am not a developer by any stretch. Please don’t take my asking the question as to what was going on as a slight towards you or the ownership of DR. I have nothing but respect.
  • andlaw and livinginkaos like this

#35 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

ohh i know, i i didnt expect any1 to work on stuff like this on a holiday like today., but again, the point i and maybe some others could agree on,,, is all we were looking for is maybe a message from an Admin of the site, stating the status of what was going on, since it was posted that an update would be saturday and now its the end of sunday night.... yeah, just was wanting to know whats goin on~ didnt think it would be too hard too without having to be asked. anyways whenever it happens i guess it happens.. till then im lke a ghost on here lol

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#36 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

For everyone who's hating the Mobile version of the site for lack of a go to last page option try opening the thread, change to desktop mode, use the last page button, switch back to mobile. Only work around I've found SDI far

#37 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

For everyone who's hating the Mobile version of the site for lack of a go to last page option try opening the thread, change to desktop mode, use the last page button, switch back to mobile. Only work around I've found SDI far

Works!

#38 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX, NEXUS 7 32gb

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

Come on people lol you mean none of you guys know how to change your UA? I hate all mobile sites :-)

#39 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

Tapa is working this morning !

Edit - I have heard that this is not the upgrade, that hasn't happened, but hopefully sometime this week.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#40 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

well, I'll be darned.
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users