#1 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Posted Image

It's been a while since we have heard from our very own, close friend Bignadad (BigDX). This man has been busy inventing something new for us all to drool over and use. Over the past month, BigDX has taken launcher themes and how they work to a whole new level by creating a first of its kind Launcher theme app. As most know, when you install a launcher theme, you typically apply it from the launcher settings. Well this is where he has changed things. I'll let the big man explain himself........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About 3 weeks ago I had a big idea, but first a intro.

When i first started out with launcher themes a couple years ago it was very basic. You download my theme from the market and you use the launcher to install it. That was it. Then, about a year ago i located a "helper activity". This allowed a "app" for my themes to be installed in the users app drawer. That way the user could do some basic tasks that related to the theme. It was a very very simple one activity app. It basically allowed you to install themes from it, contact me and see my other themes. So it helped some, but was just some simple, basic, and not very appealing to look at.

Well, this is when i had my big idea :)

I started thinking why not have a more in depth, informative app to "house" my launcher themes? So I got on YouTube and started learning some basic java code. I started playing around with this and that, and 3 weeks later i have a fully function, visually appealing, bug free app. This came together much quicker that i would have thought. I have always been quick to pick things up and have done a little coding on the side so it just came pretty naturally. I know this is not the hardest app to do, but I had to start somewhere. I wanted to keep the same look Holo look of Android, and i wanted it very simple to use. I have learned that it can't be complicated if you want the general public to use it.

What does the launcher theme app do?

- Apply launcher themes for ADW, Apex, Nova and Go
- See details on what themes apply
- See screenshots of theme applied to each launcher
- View and Apply wallpaper
- View all icons included in app
- See all icon names included in app
- View all docks included in app
- Rate theme on Google Play
- Check out all BigDX themes on Google Play
- See user comments for BigDX themes
- Contact me via Email, Website, Twitter, G+
- View help files
- See exactly how to apply all parts of theme
- Watch a video on how the launcher works
- View complete changelog for theme

- Send me a zip file with ALL icons and activity names on device

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it in a nut shell. BigDX has really outdone himself here. Making it easier to apply the themes, as well as request new icons, and honestly bringing you closer to the theme creator himself. You can find this information to include a little video run down on his site located

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, as well as check out his themes on the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Keep in mind that this product was just recently completed and is still being updated into all of his themes. You will notice in the theme info if its been added yet or not. So stop reading and go check this out!
  • SLCMotor, Gerland the Oracle and Memnoch73 like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#2 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

BigDX strikes again! I can dig it, can you?
Posted Image

#4 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Its a nice idea, I'll for sure check it out,

#5 Brian

Brian

Everyday holds a different challenge, how will you meet them?

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAnywhere you Aren't

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Dude, I hate people who are smarter than me (which means I hate A LOT of people), no seriously, great idea. I look forward to seeing how this works! You people who understand coding and java and all that Jazz are incredible...I wish I was one...some day... :D

#6 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Niiiiiiiice!
Looking forward to checking this out.
USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

#7 uglycasanova84

uglycasanova84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Am I looking at this right? I can customize my theme without need go launcher or NOVA (tow programs I am not very pleased with because of all the junk they come with) Is this done with out root or is root still a must for this beauty?

#8 Fairuz

Fairuz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Send me a zip file with ALL icons and activity names on device

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BigDX, Launcher Themes, ADW launcher, Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users