7 replies to this topic

#1 bobbyp

bobbyp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

I have used Nova Launcher off and on for about a year on my original Droid Razr. I did the manual update to Jelly Bean after it was released. I just reinstalled Nova a couple of days ago and it just closes. It is not a FC close but if I am in an app (mostly text but others as well) when I exit out it goes back to my stock launcher. Nova is set as my default and I can not find a setting anywhere to fix it. All I have to do is hit my home button and Nova starts up again.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Go into Nova settings then advanced and tick "aggressive desktop" and see if it helps. Ive noticed this bug on JB in general. If i hit the home button i am fine but if i try to back out of an app it sometimes happens.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#3 bobbyp

bobbyp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for the fees back. I just made the change and will see if it keeps doing it.

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the fees back. I just made the change and will see if it keeps doing it.

No problem. Let me know if you have any issues. Basically that setting tries to keep nova launcher in memory to reduce redraws and fc's but I think it will help keep it from being killed like it is doing fir you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#5 bobbyp

bobbyp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Well it didn't stop it but I will see how often it happens. I really like Nova but its pretty annoying when it closes. I might email the developer and see if they have a solution to it and post back.

#6 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Google+:martha holcomb
  • Locationnortheast mississippi
  • Current Device(s):moto xpe 2015

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

this also happens to me on my zoom, but only when i'm in gmail and hit the back button. if i just use the home key when i'm finished in gmail, i have no issues and i haven't noticed it happening on any other apps.

#7 bobbyp

bobbyp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Well it hasn't been happening since I hard rebooted my phone several times in a row. I did send an email to the devoloper last week and they never responded. I am very disappointed in that. I don't expect a response in the first 24 hours but 5 days does seem pretty reasonable to get back to a person.

#8 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Google+:martha holcomb
  • Locationnortheast mississippi
  • Current Device(s):moto xpe 2015

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

I'm really disapointed that the developer didn't respond to you. There is definitely an issue on jb.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nova Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users