neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

Trust me, I know the risks of unlocking the bootloader, and I'm blaming nobody for the issues that have popped up. This is not my first rodeo with an unlocked bootloader. However, I do find it interesting how this phone is responding to the mods. The phone is working after FDR, but it's interesting that my restored ROM was working perfectly, decided to stop working perfectly, and then wouldn't restore at all. I restored cleanly, wiping everything. I simply am trying to find out if anyone else is having the same problems. It's a learning experience, and I'm sharing everything, the good and the bad. If you go through the thread on XDA, there are quite a few people that have had the same issues come up. I don't know why the Gallery stopped working, and I spent quite a while searching Google and trying all the solutions I came across.

If I've inconvenienced anyone else by posting my problems, I apologize. :wacko:

I'm having the same issues, and I agree. Not blaming anyone. This is not my first phone with an unlocked bootloader either. I've gone through differently a couple times, flashed fresh, restored backups, fast booted back to square one and tried multiple methods trying to see where things are going badly by trail and error. At this point I figure I'll keep looking, and at least by your sharing your experience I know its not something specific to just me. Thank you. I'm sure one of us will figure out what's happening in the near future. In the meantime, its easy enough to go back to square one, so I'll keep poking at it to see what else I can learn. :-).

#162 budlight082684

budlight082684

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:eric082684

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Thanks got rid of 9 GB by doing that

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• RikRong likes this

#163 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Excuse my noobness, I am not new to BAT files or anything of that nature, but when I run the unlock bat file, it says waiting for device, then it says Daemon not running, Starting Daemon now port XXXX......Then it just hangs on that for as long as I let it sit there. Phone responds normally, USB debug is on, unknown sources is checked. Rooted 4.1.1, working SU...Not sure what else to do, Moto drivers are up to date, I can try to reinstall.

EDIT: I guess Reinstalling the drivers worked. Device is now Unlocked! Thanks to Dan and all involved!!!
  • RikRong likes this

#164 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

Excuse my noobness, I am not new to BAT files or anything of that nature, but when I run the unlock bat file, it says waiting for device, then it says Daemon not running, Starting Daemon now port XXXX......Then it just hangs on that for as long as I let it sit there. Phone responds normally, USB debug is on, unknown sources is checked. Rooted 4.1.1, working SU...Not sure what else to do, Moto drivers are up to date, I can try to reinstall.

Well just to make sure, you have done these things:
1. Unzipped the package first and run the bat file from that unzipped folder
2. Moto Drivers updated (you said you did)
3. Security>Unknown sources check
4. Developer options ON and USB debugging checked

If all is yes then try:
Using a new cable
Reboot the machine
Try a different USB port (directly into the computer rather than through a hub)

#165 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Well just to make sure, you have done these things:
1. Unzipped the package first and run the bat file from that unzipped folder
2. Moto Drivers updated (you said you did)
3. Security>Unknown sources check
4. Developer options ON and USB debugging checked

If all is yes then try:
Using a new cable
Reboot the machine
Try a different USB port (directly into the computer rather than through a hub)

Got it, thanks for the reply. I guess it was the drivers, even though they were just installed on this CPU the other day...Had that problem before running root processes.

I am now unlocked, and installed TWRP and doing a stock backup now with boot img. Alright, so when the backup is done, it says Updating partition details, then is says under that how long the backup took. After that it will not let me hit home or back on the TWRP screen, the very top states "Generating MD5" how long should it go past that point? All other MD5s have been generated.

#166 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Quick question : I can mount system and load any moto based ROM but when I try to load cm 10.1 it fails almost instantly. What am I doing wrong ? I'm rooted 4.1.2, unlocked, w/ TWRP.
Any suggestions ?

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#167 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

It doesnt make your phone faster Twrp does things faster than cwm in the flashing process

#168 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Quick question : I can mount system and load any moto based ROM but when I try to load cm 10.1 it fails almost instantly. What am I doing wrong ? I'm rooted 4.1.2, unlocked, w/ TWRP.
Any suggestions ?

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Did you mount system?

#169 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

I am rooted and unlocked everything is fine only thing is I am still on 4.1.1 never took update its not much of a problem now but I like to stay up to date. Dirty Droid X told me not to take any OTA's does anyone have a Zip I can flash without taking the OTA?

#170 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

I am rooted and unlocked everything is fine only thing is I am still on 4.1.1 never took update its not much of a problem now but I like to stay up to date. Dirty Droid X told me not to take any OTA's does anyone have a Zip I can flash without taking the OTA?

I have looked for two hours for the thread on how to turn OTA update notifications off. I am unlocked, rooted and running 4.1.2. Can someone provide a link to how you turn OTA update notifications off.

#171 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

One guy said he frooze it in Tibu but I couldnt find it. Is Verizon bugging you to take Ota?

#172 dvgb131

dvgb131

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Twitter:dvgb173
  • LocationAlbany
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

I have looked for two hours for the thread on how to turn OTA update notifications off. I am unlocked, rooted and running 4.1.2. Can someone provide a link to how you turn OTA update notifications off.

Freeze updater.API with Titanium Backup. Or rename it.?

Doug B.

Doug B.

#173 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

One guy said he frooze it in Tibu but I couldnt find it. Is Verizon bugging you to take Ota?

No not yet. My fear, which may be unfounded, is that Verizon/Moto will push an OTA and it will just install itself without any interaction on my part to accept the OTA. I have heard some users report that they have received OTA (in the past) that just installed themselves. I don't want that to happen to me.

#174 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Freeze updater.API with Titanium Backup. Or rename it.?

Doug B.

Is that the updater 4.1.2-6 that I see in Titanium Backup using the Backup/Restore tab? Sorry, not trying to be a PITA...just want to get it right the first time.

#175 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

No not yet. My fear, which may be unfounded, is that Verizon/Moto will push an OTA and it will just install itself without any interaction on my part to accept the OTA. I have heard some users report that they have received OTA (in the past) that just installed themselves. I don't want that to happen to me.

It did happen to me on my S3 one time I left the phone on while charging like I always do and it just did it overnight.

#176 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

If you have TWRP or CM recovery installed an OTA will never install. It will fail as it only installs with Moto recovery.
  • neckchop likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#177 dvgb131

dvgb131

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Twitter:dvgb173
  • LocationAlbany
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Is that the updater 4.1.2-6 that I see in Titanium Backup using the Backup/Restore tab? Sorry, not trying to be a PITA...just want to get it right the first time.

That should be it. Mine was 4.1.1- something.
I never took the 4.1.2 update.
Doug B.

#178 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

It did happen to me on my S3 one time I left the phone on while charging like I always do and it just did it overnight.

That's exactly what I want to avoid.

#179 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

If you have TWRP or CM recovery installed an OTA will never install. It will fail as it only installs with Moto recovery.

Ok, well I have TWRP installed, maybe that will be "the safety net".

#180 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

It didnt happen to me I also have Note but some of the guys took the ota and it locked the bootloaders back up plus lost root the whole 9 yds. They were on stock rooted with twrp or cwm. If you were on a rom then you were protected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users