320 replies to this topic

#261 trynberg

trynberg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Amen. CM 10.1 had noticeably poorer signal quality (not just displayed but actual user experience surfing and running speed test).

#262 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

So if I have an unlocked HD what can I do significantly different from not being unlocked? 

#263 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

So if I have an unlocked HD what can I do significantly different from not being unlocked? 

You can run a normal custom recovery as opposed to safestrap and load up non-blur based roms. Gives you more roms to choose from

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#264 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

You can run a normal custom recovery as opposed to safestrap and load up non-blur based roms. Gives you more roms to choose from

So I imagine battery is greater and speed is faster?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#265 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

Depends on the ROM and the settings you make, but that is one of the things most developers strive for.

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#266 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Depends on the ROM and the settings you make, but that is one of the things most developers strive for.

Sent From My DEV X

Is there different settings to choose from? Also is installing roms differently? 

#267 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Is there different settings to choose from? Also is installing roms differently? 

Settings depends on the ROM you choose. Installation is pretty much the same across each ROM, though.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#268 1stcavgunner

1stcavgunner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:1stcavgunner@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Razr

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

unlocked :) thanks a million

I have a Razr, I own, and would like yo unlock. I have terminated my VRZon account $$$$. Want to run just wifi. can you help?

#269 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

I have a Razr, I own, and would like yo unlock. I have terminated my VRZon account $$$$. Want to run just wifi. can you help?

If you have a RAZR xt 912 ..... It cannot be unlocked at all..... If you have a RAZR HD or M on ANY of the newer updates, it can't be unlocked ....... However, if you are going to run strictly on WiFi ...... You don't need to be unlocked at all...... You simply connect to your WiFi access point and have fun
  • Memnoch73 likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#270 pazuzuftw

pazuzuftw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of kit-kat development for the xt926. I'm running a pure aosp that freezes a lot and I can't seem to fix it. I don't like any of the slim roms or beanstalk roms either. Does anyone one know of kit-kat roms that are not heavily modified but still run well for the xt926? I pretty only rooted and unlocked my device so I can run pure or close to pure android and keep up with the most up-to-date stuff.

#271 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of kit-kat development for the xt926. I'm running a pure aosp that freezes a lot and I can't seem to fix it. I don't like any of the slim roms or beanstalk roms either. Does anyone one know of kit-kat roms that are not heavily modified but still run well for the xt926? I pretty only rooted and unlocked my device so I can run pure or close to pure android and keep up with the most up-to-date stuff.

There is a ton of KK ROMs out there.  I'm not sure what you're looking for.  CM is stock AOSP and Slim is not heavily modified at all.  I never had an issue with Slim freezing on my HD.  Maybe you need to do a clean wipe and start over.  

R. Long: Pixel 5

#272 pazuzuftw

pazuzuftw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

There is a ton of KK ROMs out there.  I'm not sure what you're looking for.  CM is stock AOSP and Slim is not heavily modified at all.  I never had an issue with Slim freezing on my HD.  Maybe you need to do a clean wipe and start over.  

Nevermind lol, I just saw this morning that cyanogenmod's motorola package is unified now. Which explains why I haven't been able to find it. Also, with slim I just find the dpi they set it to very strange for me. I always had to go into my build.prop and change it to normal. 

#273 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

Question from someone at DroidForums: He rooted and Unlocked. He wants to put a JB Rom on it. NBD, right? Or is the fact that he has the KK recovery going to screw it up?

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#274 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Question from someone at DroidForums: He rooted and Unlocked. He wants to put a JB Rom on it. NBD, right? Or is the fact that he has the KK recovery going to screw it up?

Not gonna work. I believe it's the KK bootloader and/or Kernel that messes it up. JB roms will not run after you updated to KK. He will have to wait for the rom to be updated

• 7eregrine likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#275 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

I have a question about GPS issues. I'm unlocked and on kk BL. On Gummy right now but I've tried cm, slim and my GPS sensor doesn't work. Is there a manual fix for this?

#276 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

You can try to get GPS Test from the play store, and do an agps update, sometimes that will work, for others its going back to stock rom, getting a gps lock and then going back to the custom rom and that works.

YMMV

#277 artnig

artnig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

I have a question about GPS issues. I'm unlocked and on kk BL. On Gummy right now but I've tried cm, slim and my GPS sensor doesn't work. Is there a manual fix for this?

I've had gps issues as well very similar to yours.

#278 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

It seems that sometimes with GPS, if it can't get a lock, you have to flash back to another ROM (or stock). Yesterday, I flashed back to stock to test something out then went back to my nandroid backup of CM11 and GPS was hosed completely. First time I experienced it. I didn't want to do a complete FDR (which might have worked), so I flashed back to stock, confirmed GPS worked and then flashed a new image of CM11 instead of using my nandroid backup. GPS is working again.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#279 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

I flashed back to a stock ROM and now I'm on gummy and it seems to be working but its slow to lock and not very accurate like stock.
The odd thing is my gf has the same phone on cm and hers works perfect

#280 artnig

artnig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

Its happening virtually every rom I've tried so far, GPS somewhat seems to be working fine..... except the fact that it's about a mile or two off.

So from what I've read across multiple posts, is the basic solution to flash back to stock 4.4.2 KK, which will jump-start the GPS sensors, then flash a custom rom?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users