• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#281 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

Its happening virtually every rom I've tried so far, GPS somewhat seems to be working fine..... except the fact that it's about a mile or two off.

That might be fun for Ingress. :D

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#282 artnig

artnig

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

That might be fun for Ingress. :D

:p Have yet to play it, But without veering off topic I'm flashing back to stock KK for now and I'll report on my my GPS functionality, which seems like a hit-or-miss problem with everyone on KitKat ROMs. Hardly use WiFi or Bluetooth with my phone but I'll test what I can in regard as well.

#283 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

CM11 seems to be good on GPS. As I stated earlier, yesterday I ran into an issue, but have since fixed it. I'm back on CM11 and GPS seems to be functioning just fine, as it was before.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#284 pegs520

pegs520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Twitter:pegs520
  • Locationutica
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Anyone willing to fill me in on why GPS and WiFi are taking so long to fix?

I don't know much about ROM building and whatnot, so a little info would be appreciated.

#285 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Anyone willing to fill me in on why GPS and WiFi are taking so long to fix?
I don't know much about ROM building and whatnot, so a little info would be appreciated.

If you mean why its taking so long for Roms to get fixed its because they are free and the guys working on them have real lives too if I misunderstood your question disregard.

#286 pegs520

pegs520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Twitter:pegs520
  • Locationutica
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

If you mean why its taking so long for Roms to get fixed its because they are free and the guys working on them have real lives too if I misunderstood your question disregard.

I was actually wondering what the specific problem was with WiFi and GPS. More out of curiosity than anything else.

To clarify - I don't need either fixed any time in the near future. Haven't been to leave the house for a while because of injury, and WiFi is good in my house.

#287 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

lol I'm sure if they knew it would be fixed. Sometimes when youyou get one thing to work it breaks another. That's what it is all about.

#288 Playb3yond

Playb3yond

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

I'm having a problem booting the pac-man ROM on my maxx HD. I'm on the KitKat boot loader currently running sokp without any issues, but even after wiping the data partition and repairing it as ext4, the ROM still won't boot. I always factory reset and wipe data when changing Roms. PA, CM11, Omnirom and liquid smooth don't have this issue. I've tested almost all Roms for KitKat and found this small issue with a large majority of the PAC ROM nightly builds. The ones that are bootable are the few builds a Dev test, which were not daily drivers, very buggy.

#289 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

Question from someone at DroidForums: He rooted and Unlocked. He wants to put a JB Rom on it. NBD, right? Or is the fact that he has the KK recovery going to screw it up?

He could actually downgrade the bootloader quickly by using FlashBack. A quick tool that I put together to run in the current Recovery that the person is on. Follow the line

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and read, read, read.....

• ibolski likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#290 hkam1978

hkam1978

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hey guys!  I am a Noob so take it easy on me...I unlocked my bootloader and installed Validus 5.2 which is Android v4.4.2.  The phone reboots and burns up while using it so I want to try a different ROM.  When trying to flash the gummy or baked roms I get an error saying that my bootloader is not 4.4.  What can I do to install baked or gummy?

thanks in advance!

#291 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hey guys! I am a Noob so take it easy on me...I unlocked my bootloader and installed Validus 5.2 which is Android v4.4.2. The phone reboots and burns up while using it so I want to try a different ROM. When trying to flash the gummy or baked roms I get an error saying that my bootloader is not 4.4. What can I do to install baked or gummy?

thanks in advance!

You need to update. There's a thread on here to show you how.

Sent from your Mom's M8
  • hkam1978 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#292 Aqua009

Aqua009

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD XT926 183.46.15 Build KDA20.62-15.1

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

I'm having problems installing CM.  I'm using TWRP and I have been able to install Gummy with no problems.  When I try either CM cm-10.2.1-xt926  or cm-11-20140218-NIGHTLY-xt926... on the reboot, they both stay in the Motorola logo startup screen.  Am I supposed to go back to Jelly Bean before installing?

Build is KTU84p

And the Gummy wont stay connected to home wifi.  It's a zyxel router.  I installed Gummy-M3.0-09-26-14-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960.

Thanks

#293 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:28 AM

I'm having problems installing CM. I'm using TWRP and I have been able to install Gummy with no problems. When I try either CM cm-10.2.1-xt926 or cm-11-20140218-NIGHTLY-xt926... on the reboot, they both stay in the Motorola logo startup screen. Am I supposed to go back to Jelly Bean before installing?

Build is KTU84p

And the Gummy wont stay connected to home wifi. It's a zyxel router. I installed Gummy-M3.0-09-26-14-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960.

Thanks

Both those versions require one to be on the 4.1.2 bootloader in order to boot correctly. You can fastboot back using HOM and the universal script use the FlashBack.zip located in the development tread. If you use a xt926 device look for that version. If you use a xt907 device there is a version located in there tread as well. Best of luck and read 4 times before doing so. Thanks

new_animated_sig.gif

#294 Caliburno

Caliburno

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hello i'm sorry to bother, but i just got stuck in some strange behavior.

I bougth the phone a week ago, finally unlocked my bootloader accouple days ago and flashed KitKat slimrom, but is too choppy and i would like to test some others. Now CWM (6048) tells the rom is for certain models correctly, but that it can't flash it because my phone -> is a " " and ends up in an error.

I don't know what could have happened because i bought a used phone and still had the official VZW Jelly Bean with locked bootloader.

¿Any advise? ¿Is there something i need/could to write somewhere?

Thanks for your time.

#295 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

Well hopefully you updated the stock Rom to the first stage of 4.4.2 then it can be unlocked again to preserve both root and have the ability to flash custom firmware onto it. More then likely this is th case since most builds based off of the 4.4.2 bootloader have a insert to look for the bootloader and stop the install before anything happens. If you have not update to the 4.4.2 OTA then you are stuck installing ROMs based off of 4.1.2 bootloader.

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#296 hkam1978

hkam1978

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

You need to update. There's a thread on here to show you how.

Sent from your Mom's M8

Thanks RikiRong, just saw this!

#297 Caliburno

Caliburno

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

Hello, sorry to bother. This is not a question about one rom particularly but about an strange issue that appeared on my phone.

I have recently bought a second hand xt926 with 4.1.2 official Android on it. It does not seem to have any kind of fidling on it, so i guess is full factory.

Now, i upgraded to official KK, unlocked bootloader and then flashed slimrom. But, any time i try to flash anything not slimrom, CWM tells the rom is for certain models (and names them -xt926 among-) but also tells my -> phone is a " " <- and i can't flash anything else.

I tried disabling signature check on CWM but it is the same.

May some string be missing somewhere?

Anything i can do to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

#298 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

Try changing over to TWRP and see if that solves your problem.
  • jl90 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#299 Caliburno

Caliburno

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Will try but i find it hard to identify wich TWRP is for my phone, already search for it but i got messed up. I don't want to end up with an expensive brick.

Thanks

EDIT: OK, it went great i already flashed a new rom.

THANKS!

• RikRong likes this

#300 kandyar

kandyar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

Every time I click on that link it tells me it's forbidden.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users