#281 Valchik921

Valchik921

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

One more question: what about this:

YOU MUST BE ON THE 6.12.17x SYSTEM VERSION TO RUN THIS! OR YOU WILL BRICK!

Is it important for xt 910?

#282 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

One more question: what about this:

Is it important for xt 910?

that doesn't pertain to GSM users. you guys run different system versions than us CDMA users do. just follow the directions I gave you a few posts back and u will be good to go.....

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#283 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:johndpackard
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for this great rom. I used it for a while but had to many issues. My data would drop pretty consistantly even after doing the method you listed above. I ended up flashing back to 173. I loved this rom and wish it was more reliable on my phone. Thanks again!!

I had this problem for a while, I would get no data at work, and since I loaded up the 4.0.4 build, I havent had an issue. Dont know what changed, if anything, but before I would have the worst reception out of all the other verizon people, and now I have 4g where they only have 3g.
  • andlaw likes this
Droid Razr on Verizon

#284 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I had this problem for a while, I would get no data at work, and since I loaded up the 4.0.4 build, I havent had an issue. Dont know what changed, if anything, but before I would have the worst reception out of all the other verizon people, and now I have 4g where they only have 3g.

kernel was updated in 4.0.4

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#285 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:johndpackard
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

kernel was updated in 4.0.4

Well, that would be why!!!!

Again, thanks for your hard work!

So whenever I try to get anything from the Google play store, it says a network error occurred try again later. I deleted date and cache and still nothing. Any thoughts ?
Droid Razr on Verizon

#286 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

I know there is a mention of the build update version in the OP....but I have heard success stories I literary have the. 181 OTA download and on install standby.....

If I take the OTA for. 181
....does this cause me to he incompatible?

I was on the IcS leak for a while....not anymore tho.....about two days into my new black widow rom....I could not get a connection to hold for anything
...it would always default to GSM in my.mobile settings ....even after changing it and toggling and all that jazz!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#287 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

alright guys, some of you may of noticed i made a short clip on YouTube for How to get your data back, using Quick toggle. Well i have been noticing on boot, when it does not connect to data, that the quick toggle method usually doesn't work, so i have made another short clip, showing the Full method on how to get your data back on Boot, so you don't have to reboot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik, you might try and give this method a try!! it works 10/10 times for me, so follow the video and the captions given~ Shown on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

*****Note* if the quick toggle and this method DOES NOT WORK, for a 100% way to get your data back is to Reboot into recovery, and simply Wipe Cache partition, and Dalvik cache, then reboot system. Android will upgrade and you will have data!*

Posted Image

#288 agent007

agent007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

Hi,

after several trys the the right stock rom, ics is now working.
But i got some issues.. Battery is getting slow very fast .. is this normal ?

And youtube video are running very slow and jerking very much. Is there a fix for this problem ?

regards
steve

#289 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hi,

after several trys the the right stock rom, ics is now working.
But i got some issues.. Battery is getting slow very fast .. is this normal ?

And youtube video are running very slow and jerking very much. Is there a fix for this problem ?

regards
steve

not sure what u mean by stock ROM... as far as battery goes its getting low fast because the first battery drain usually always goes fast whether your using the phone or not because the ROM is settling in, as I have stated time and time again. and for the YouTube video playback to be normal, you need to open YouTube, go into settings, and enable HD playback..

Posted Image

#290 Icyhott

Icyhott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Ok, so I installed this via Safestrap with the directions provided. Rebooted phone, now its just a black screen. Now what? Or do I have a 600 dollar paperweight?

Ok, so here's what I did
  • [color=#282828 ! important][font=inherit ! important][color=#282828 ! important][font=inherit ! important]Download[/font][/font][/color][/color] and move zip to sdcard-ext
  • Reboot into Recovery
  • Create a Backup!
  • YOU MUST Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  • Wipe Cache partition
  • Wipe Dalvik cache (in Advanced)
  • Format System (in Mounts and Storage)
  • Install zip from sdcard
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot system
I do wanna note that I did turn on safe system/safe boot first, then thats when the phone didnt even boot. So I disabled that then the phone booted up but there is no ROM installed period. What happened?

#291 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Ok, so I installed this via Safestrap with the directions provided. Rebooted phone, now its just a black screen. Now what? Or do I have a 600 dollar paperweight?

Ok, so here's what I did

• [color=#282828 ! important][font=inherit ! important][color=#282828 ! important][font=inherit ! important]Download[/font][/font][/color][/color] and move zip to sdcard-ext
  • Reboot into Recovery
  • Create a Backup!
  • YOU MUST Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  • Wipe Cache partition
  • Wipe Dalvik cache (in Advanced)
  • Format System (in Mounts and Storage)
  • Install zip from sdcard
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot system
I do wanna note that I did turn on safe system/safe boot first, then thats when the phone didnt even boot. So I disabled that then the phone booted up but there is no ROM installed period. What happened?

I'm not saying this happened to you, however, I've had an issue with some of my file transfers via es or root explorer trying to get the files transferred to the ex- SD..it will copy but after pasting or moving it says error..maybe I've forgotten something..lol I've been doing this for many years. Ics base just doesn't play well with me so I use my computer..lol

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent ...(Droid Does)

#292 Icyhott

Icyhott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

I used my pc to transfer the files. My problem is I didnt see the ROM itself installed after I followed directions as posted.

#293 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Ok, so I installed this via Safestrap with the directions provided. Rebooted phone, now its just a black screen. Now what? Or do I have a 600 dollar paperweight

well it sounds like your on safestrap 1.07 which will not work, you must be using 1.08 or higher, so I would install 1.09 and you won't have a problem..

Posted Image

#294 agent007

agent007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hi,

thx for your help. Youtube video is working now.. :) !!!

Best regards
steve

#295 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

OP has been updated with AOKP build 33. READ THE OP!
and if you dont wipe data, dont complain if you have errors (just saying!)

Posted Image

#296 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Thanks, i'll try it later with Boot Manager. Just bricked today on new CM9 Nightlie, so safety first :ph34r:

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#297 Icyhott

Icyhott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

I had the older version of Safestrap installed (1.07), so I got the newer version (1.09). Got the ROM flashed successfully now. Been running for several hours now with no errors. 4G LTE runs flawlessly.

#298 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Ok man something seriously wrong happened here. I was walked through how to install this in the chat room. My wifi will not connect to anything and I don't even have any Wifi settings available in the System Settings menu. Also have no data. Just stuck on the signal bars with a "R" above them. Went though all he steps to regain data. Still nothing.

#299 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Ok man something seriously wrong happened here. I was walked through how to install this in the chat room. My wifi will not connect to anything and I don't even have any Wifi settings available in the System Settings menu. Also have no data. Just stuck on the signal bars with a "R" above them. Went though all he steps to regain data. Still nothing.

to get wifi settings, hit menu button, system settings, then at the top it shows the wifi toggle. well instead of clicking the toggle, click on the words Wifi, then you will be in settings.

as for not getting data, i have a YouTube video found in the OP how to get data going on boot. if the method doesn't work, rebooting into recovery and wiping only cache and dalvik then rebooting system will get your data going. lemme know how it turns out... :ph34r:

Posted Image

#300 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Any feedback on if this works with the .181 OTA?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DARK AOKP, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS 4.0.4, Spyder, Custom ROM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users