#521 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Are you mounting system prior to flashing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#522 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

You need to flash the boot.img first.

Pretty sure i was told that if youre already on 4.1.2 you didnt need to flash the boot img, just the Rom.

See post #433 on pg 15

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#523 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Alrighty. Got 1.1 in successfully, switched superuser to SuperSU, restored all my apps and settings and only have a few minor issues. First, is Google Search shows as update available in PlayStore but won't install due to the current apk not being signed correctly.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

28.83KB   59 downloads

I tried uninstalling it but then I get another installation error when trying to install the update. There is another issue with Search. A "Stopped working" message comes up briefly when exiting. Jsyk, these types of apps are not included in my restores from Titanium Backup Pro.

Next is with Google Voice. Hitting the back button doesn't work unless I keep pressing repeatedly many times. However, hitting the Home key works just fine.

Other than this, I haven't noticed any other issues other than the lack of available RAM and seems a bit slower as far as apps loading and exiting. Still, it is very nice work and much better than stock. Thanks BigDaddy!!!

Here's a screenshot of my main Homescreen with Apex Launcher Pro, One More Clock (Chrome Circles skin) and Ocean HD Live wallpaper:

83.06KB   63 downloads

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#524 rebretz000

rebretz000

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

Is there a new zip for the no NAV bar theme or will the one from the first version still work?<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#525 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

Is there a new zip for the no NAV bar theme or will the one from the first version still work?<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

by themed you mean the no nav for my theme or for the stock rom? They should work though if not please tell me and I will make new ones

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#526 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Guys if you ever get the message that says "It looks like this ROM broke root" or whatever it says, DO NOT click on "fix root"

Just reboot and you'll be good to go.

HA - Nooooowwwwww you tell me!

I tried updating three times last night - I soft bricked all three times and had to go to Matt's Utility to completely start over.  After the third time, I used some strong language, and went back to Fuzion.  That transition was just about seamless with no issues.

So  -  If I had NOT FIXED root, do you think it may have gone through?

Also, another question while you are reading!  Before I tried to update, I backed up APEX, and just about everything else I could find.  Going back and forth between Fuzion and Rage, I cannot find the backups - is this normal?  Are backups to programs stored in different places?

Proud father of a US Marine

#527 archcantor

archcantor

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):RazrMaxx HD XT926, Asus Transformer TF-101, Samsung Tab2 7"

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Installed Rage 1.1 and the 4.1.2 Kernel.  When using 1.0 and 1.1 I experience a strange wifi issue.  After some random time I discover my phone is no longer connected to wifi.  Pressing on the connection does not affect a reconnect.  Nothing happens.  If I reboot the phone the wifi reconnects but will drop out at least by the next day.  This does not happen on stock.  I have not noticed it enough to see if it was a failure after sleep.  I had to go back to stock because it's my work phone.

#528 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Installed Rage 1.1 and the 4.1.2 Kernel.  When using 1.0 and 1.1 I experience a strange wifi issue.  After some random time I discover my phone is no longer connected to wifi.  Pressing on the connection does not affect a reconnect.  Nothing happens.  If I reboot the phone the wifi reconnects but will drop out at least by the next day.  This does not happen on stock.  I have not noticed it enough to see if it was a failure after sleep.  I had to go back to stock because it's my work phone.

This is by far the best ROM out, no offense to all the other great ROM's. Nothing like friendly competition... Brings out the best for everyone. I too have noticed wifi dropping! Not a huge thing as a HOTBOOT via Quickboot gets it back going. Keep it up man, it's my daily driver.

Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#529 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Is there a way to completely remove Google Now?

• jphillips.hd88 likes this

#530 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

You can freeze it in TIBU or force stop in apps

#531 sealteem1

sealteem1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

hmmm... so install went through successfully for me.  Weird part was that as reboot, it said the rom is not rooted and if I wanted to install SU.  when it finally rebooted, a grey screen with nothing but colors comes on and thats it.  Oh well, going to download one more time

Same here. Exactly!

#532 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Same here. Exactly!

Yep, that is what I was calling a soft brick........ in that, I could fix it.  Not sure if the "rooting" fix was causing the issue or not.  If someone can confirm that, I many give it another go, but 3 is my limit for now!

#533 sealteem1

sealteem1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yep, that is what I was calling a soft brick........ in that, I could fix it.  Not sure if the "rooting" fix was causing the issue or not.  If someone can confirm that, I many give it another go, but 3 is my limit for now!

I tried all combinations, with and without the root. With 2 different downloads of the rom.

#534 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

I tried all combinations, with and without the root. With 2 different downloads of the rom.

Just redownloaded once again....... and got bricked again........... back to Fuzion.

This is strange - right now - starting from scratch, I cannot get back onto RageHD.  I've tried just about every combination of steps, and multiple downloads.

Can't wait to figure this one out!  Should be some good learning.

#535 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

You can freeze it in TIBU or force stop in apps

What's the name of the process/app?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

#536 unchoney

unchoney

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:droidfan1958
  • LocationQuad Cities USA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

The md5 sum doesn't match on mirror with the first link(the download page shows the correct number for what it is but is also different from op?)...fought all weekend with it...downloaded from goo link and md5 matches that on op...

#537 DroidModderX

DroidModderX

The DMX Show

• News Writer
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

when i install the boot.img, followed by the rom, i get the black screen of death. I can still get into recovery by forcing power down then rebooting to recovery

Edit: in reading other comments it looks like the issue is in the mirror download. 

Trying to download from goo now. 

#538 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

when i install the boot.img, followed by the rom, i get the black screen of death. I can still get into recovery by forcing power down then rebooting to recovery

Edit: in reading other comments it looks like the issue is in the mirror download. 

Trying to download from goo now. 

I had this issue a couple times on the DNA. I would almost always have to install the boot.img again after the rom for it to work properly. Also did you mount system in recovery prior to installing the rom?

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#539 jphillips.hd88

jphillips.hd88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

I'm in the same boat...tried numerous times...got the root now...seems like it stats to load but just goes back to recovery...when i go to boot system, tells me there is no system installed...no matter what i do, it continuously soft bricks...bummer

#540 DroidModderX

DroidModderX

The DMX Show

• News Writer
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I did not mount the system prior to installing. Normally the install script does that for you.

Edit: tried mounting system first and nothing. I still get the BSOD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users