#1 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

My girlfriend went to Venice last summer and rented/leased a global phone from VZW to use during her stay.  Upon returning she couldn't get data on her T-bolt, so VZW issued her a new SIM card.  Now she found out she lost her unlimited data.  I'm not sure why it took so long for her to notice, but VZW tracked the change back to when she came back from Venice.  Does leasing one of these phones qualify as a plan change?  I'm wondering how VZW is justifying taking her unlimited data away.  They dropped her down to 4 gigs.  She's been complaining to them the past two days and just getting the response that they no longer offer an unlimited data plan so there's nothing they can do.

For whatever it's worth, the global phone she borrowed never worked, and she was able to complain her way to not having to pay for it, so it's not like she isn't being agressive enough.

Anyone have any insight?

#2 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Chit chatted with a rep online.  Getting a global SIM card or renting a global phone should not impact your plan, so shouldn't result in losing unlimited data.

Still digging...

#3 kenbrownstone

kenbrownstone

noobie on tha boobie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Twitter:@Brownvols
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):droid razor xt912

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

I upgraded yesterday ....by what people say I shouldn't have been able to get my unlimited back but I did.I was told by a rep if I called within the first fourteen days of buying I could request for it back and they would give it to me.He was right cause they gave it back. Maybe that will help you?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

**** SIGNATURE MADE BY: RINKLE MCBALLY ****

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unlimited, global, plan change, sim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users