64 replies to this topic

#1 DLuke

DLuke

Bionic Modder

• Superuser
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNor*Cal

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Whats up boys and girls.. Its that time again.. although this time, I must apologize.  im not sure precisely what caused it (other than something pertaining to bootstrap/cwm recovery) but after updating to jb and restoring root, and then installing bootstrap, i eventually found myself at an "Encryption Unsuccessful" screen (and i hadnt even gotten the change to flash anything yet.. Lame! hah).. and the only way to get past this screen involved loosing root in the process.  so needless to say i am now without root, and without anyway of testing any mods.  Ive got faith that root will eventually be achieved, but ive also got faith that ill hit the lotto someday. so anyways, this has been the reason for the delay, and hence the reason for my apology.  i had already made the deodex zip, so i have that for you, and the battery mods are pretty simple so ill be able to get those to you as well.. but as for the webtop mods, or the extended power menu, or any other mods id love to get started on, they will probably have to wait until some kind soul comes and saves our a$$e$ with an exploit... so now that thats out of the way, lets get on with it..

*****DO NOT use Bootstrap (at least not right now).. For now ONLY USE SafeStrap, and backup your stock system, and then restore it on one of your rom slots, and play with the mods there*****

!!Generic Disclaimer: As always I, nor anyone else, is responsible for the s**t you do to your phone!!

-Now this is just like all the deodex zips for all the ICS builds.  flashing this will deodex your stock system.  this is not a full rom, it is meant to be flashed on your already installed stock system.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

-

-Here's the Battery options.. put on sd, flash via SS.. 

*And thanks to MarkusMcNugen for taking care of my false assumption.

***UPDATE*** (6/11/13) - added the two new "3D" battery options.. and also added a revised charging script for all the mods so that while charging it will stop and show the current battery level during the charging animation.. the files with the new charging script have (NCS) at the end of the file name for 'New Charging Script'.. Enjoy!

3D-Sideways-Full-Bar-GIF-Full-Charge-Ani

^^ *NEW* This one's a sideways laying battery with a "3D" look.  The original icons were from an old Xperia rom but I completely redid the colors and the charging icons and animations were pretty much entirely created by myself.. (im still pretty bad at photoshop.. but as they say, 'practice makes perfect'.. hah) ***icons originally from a rom by seky0405, and redone by myself

-  

3D-Circle-Charge-GIF-Animation.gif?token

^^ *NEW* This one is a "3D" style of a circle battery.  Original icons from same location as above.. but once again redid the colors and created new charging animations.  ***icons originally from a rom by seky0405, and redone by myself

-  

^^This one is a 'Hybrid' that i made for myself. It has the top set for when the phone is in a regular state, and the bottom set for when it is charging ( the circle like pulsates when charging). ***top icons created by mrvirgina, bottom iocns by Vertumus

UPDATE: hey so I re-did this one so that it still flashes the current battery level during the charging annimation, but it now uses the correct "thick circle" icons to flash the battery level, instead of it always flashing back to the "off center" icon to show the level during the charging annimation.. basically it looks much better now

(ill leave the original zip on the off chance someone likes it better, so get the (new charge) zip if you want the re-done one)

Original

-  

Re-done Charging Icons -

New Charging Script

-  

^^This is just the full set of these icons. ***icons created by mrvirginamjm

Original - 

-  

New Charging Script

-  

^^This is the full set of these icons. ***icons created by Vertumus.

Original - 

-  

New Charging Script 

-  

^^These are the same as the ones above except as the battery drains the circle dissipates in the opposite direction from the one above. (this one dissipates counter-clockwise, whereas the one above dissipates clockwise.) ***icons created by Vertumus, edited by greeneink.

Original - 

-  

New Charging Script 

-  

^^ Pretty much stock icons with white numbers. ***icon creator unknown at this time.

Original - 

-  

New Charging Script 

-  

^^ Thick bar, nice big numbers. ***icons created by Vertumus.

Original - 

-  

New Charging Script 

-  

^^ Thin Circles. ***icons created by nbeebe24.

Original - 

-  

New Charging Script 

-  

^^This one pretty much looks like this but instead the bar is only blue above 70% and then it changes from green to orange to red as the battery dissipates. ***the icons creator is unknown at this time

Original - 

-  

New Charging Script 

-  

>>This one is for if you want the system to recognize 1% increments, so that widgets and other things can report and display the 1% increments.. but the icons in the status bar remain the stock unchanged icons.

-  

>>Flash this to 'un-do' the battery mod.. return to stock icons and stock 10% increments

-  

So thanks for your patience, and hopefully there is one more miracle left for all us bionic faithfuls, and we call continue playing with the device we all know and love...

DLuke

ps. ive already been in like a daze ever since i lost root.. haha.. i dunno what to do with myself without my favorite hobby

Attached Files

• brainwash1, johnlgalt, MarkusMcNugen and 9 others like this
Posted Image Posted Image
**So ive always held out on adding a donate link because this is just something i do for enjoyment.. but i have received a few requests recently to add one.. so if you enjoy my work and would like to buy me a beer or put some gas in my car, that would be very much appreciated.. but please continue to freely enjoy my mods without any feeling of obligation what-so-ever.. the last thing i want by adding this is for people to stop using my mods because they fell obligated.. Thanks

#2 robinmwoolery

robinmwoolery

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hot damn! Downloaded, flashed & working great! Now I can see my actual battery level & don't have to guesstimate based on that stupid rear end stock one. You ROCK!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#3 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

I flashed the deodexed zip and that worked fine but the 1% battery mod doesnt work. It replaced the battery images but it still raises and lowers by 10%.

#4 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

Turns out a smali edit was required to get it to work. I just copied the differences in the BatteryService.smali from the Razr JB 1% mod into the BatteryService.Smali for Bionic JB. The file below is your zip DLuke just wth the edited servies.jar included.

• herrsmoothe and bionichillbilly like this

#5 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

I flashed the deodex zip and MarkusMcNugen's modified 1% battery zip. Everything seems to be working properly. Thanks for getting this out so quickly, and sorry DLuke to hear that you lost root. That really sucks, but if you want a tester for anything, just hit me up, I will be happy to lend a hand.

Turns out a smali edit was required to get it to work. I just copied the differences in the BatteryService.smali from the Razr JB 1% mod into the BatteryService.Smali for Bionic JB. The file below is your zip DLuke just wth the edited servies.jar included.

Sent From My Flash Machine... I mean Bionic.

#6 DLuke

DLuke

Bionic Modder

• Superuser
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNor*Cal

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

wow.. i guess thats what i get for not being thorough.. i knew i should have looked at the batteryserives just in case.. thats weird though cause i made that assumption cause any battery level reporting widgets display 1% increments with no changes to anything on JB.. whereas on ICS widgets would display 10% increments and then only once the edits to batteryservices were made would even the widgets display the 1% increments.. oh well.. thanks for testing guys and Markus thanks for catching and editing it.. ill put the rest up in a few

• herrsmoothe likes this
**So ive always held out on adding a donate link because this is just something i do for enjoyment.. but i have received a few requests recently to add one.. so if you enjoy my work and would like to buy me a beer or put some gas in my car, that would be very much appreciated.. but please continue to freely enjoy my mods without any feeling of obligation what-so-ever.. the last thing i want by adding this is for people to stop using my mods because they fell obligated.. Thanks

#7 unchoney

unchoney

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:droidfan1958
  • LocationQuad Cities USA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Awesome thank you...do u have a power toggles in the works?

#8 Smiller5331

Smiller5331

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hey all! Excited to have the 1% battery mod but I am having trouble for some reason and was hoping someone could stop me if I am doing something wrong. 

I copied by stock rom and created a clean slot one to restore the stock rom to.

I then flashed the Deodex file and lastly flashed the battery mod.

When I try to reboot I just get a black screen that hangs until I do a battery pull.

Is there something I should be doing differently? I am also on Safestrap so that should not be the issue. 

Thanks!!

#9 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Ok, so when you were on your stock slot in safestrap, you made a backup, then created a rom slot 1, activated slot 1, restored the backup that you made to slot 1, wiped cache & dalvik, then flashed the deodex.zip, then flashed the batterymod.zip in that order?

#10 DLuke

DLuke

Bionic Modder

• Superuser
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNor*Cal

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

do you mean like notification pull down toggles or the extended power menu when you hold the power button?

#11 DLuke

DLuke

Bionic Modder

• Superuser
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNor*Cal

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

OP updated.. options added..

#12 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Thanks again man I am getting ready to flash the thin bar now.

#13 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

do you mean like notification pull down toggles or the extended power menu when you hold the power button?

I'd personally love to see the pull down toggles.

Just having fun with Android!

#14 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

I would be very interested in testing either of these mods to help you in developing them, I was looking at a thread that tells how to port them over from like cm or whatever, but it is way over my head.

#15 DLuke

DLuke

Bionic Modder

• Superuser
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNor*Cal

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hey all! Excited to have the 1% battery mod but I am having trouble for some reason and was hoping someone could stop me if I am doing something wrong. 

I copied by stock rom and created a clean slot one to restore the stock rom to.

I then flashed the Deodex file and lastly flashed the battery mod.

When I try to reboot I just get a black screen that hangs until I do a battery pull.

Is there something I should be doing differently? I am also on Safestrap so that should not be the issue. 

Thanks!!

ive never used safestrap, ive always used bootstrap.. so im not familiar with the operation of it.. but to be safe i would try not flashing right on top of eachother.. meaning first restore the backup on the rom slot.. reboot.. then flash the deodex.. reboot.. then flash the battery mod.. and all should be well.. hopefully

Thanks again man I am getting ready to flash the thin bar now.

awesome.. no prob

• herrsmoothe likes this

#16 Smiller5331

Smiller5331

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Ok, so when you were on your stock slot in safestrap, you made a backup, then created a rom slot 1, activated slot 1, restored the backup that you made to slot 1, wiped cache & dalvik, then flashed the deodex.zip, then flashed the batterymod.zip in that order?

Yes that is correct. Sorry I left out the wipe dalvik/cache in my write up. But those are the exact order as you stated. My screen stays black with the navigation buttons lit up when I try and restart the phone on the copy of the Stock Rom that should be Deodexed with the battery mod.

#17 DLuke

DLuke

Bionic Modder

• Superuser
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNor*Cal

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Yes that is correct. Sorry I left out the wipe dalvik/cache in my write up. But those are the exact order as you stated. My screen stays black with the navigation buttons lit up when I try and restart the phone on the copy of the Stock Rom that should be Deodexed with the battery mod.

did you boot the restored backup to make sure it restored properly before flashing the mods?

• herrsmoothe likes this

#18 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

On ICS you created a 1% mod with stock icons. Did I miss that in the OP?

Just having fun with Android!

#19 unchoney

unchoney

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:droidfan1958
  • LocationQuad Cities USA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Pull down notification type would be awesome(using power toggles from market currently)

#20 DLuke

DLuke

Bionic Modder

• Superuser
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNor*Cal

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

On ICS you created a 1% mod with stock icons. Did I miss that in the OP?

you mean no change to the icons at all.. just the edit for system to recognize the 1% increments??  no you didnt miss it.. i just haven't posted it yet.. sorry.. ill put it up though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, deodex, 1% battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users