johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

OK, I just checked - as of last month, the sneaky bastards put out driver 6.0.0.  I did not know that.  I'll be updating my links shortly.  I have them Downloaded now.

Have you tried reverting to 5.9.0 and seeing if it works through that?  Although that in and of itself should not make or break adb from seeing your phone....

I'd also try doing a cold reboot on the computer.  And check and see if you have a firewall that might be blocking adb from getting access to the phone....

#22 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

OK, I just checked - as of last month, the sneaky bastards put out driver 6.0.0.  I did not know that.  I'll be updating my links shortly.  I have them Downloaded now.

Have you tried reverting to 5.9.0 and seeing if it works through that?  Although that in and of itself should not make or break adb from seeing your phone....

I'd also try doing a cold reboot on the computer.  And check and see if you have a firewall that might be blocking adb from getting access to the phone....

I've tried 5.9.0 and the new Device Manager ones and neither work. I plan to try 6.0.0 once you get your links updated - maybe it will work then. Idk.

I checked my firewall and some were written as "Allow" and some as "Auto". So, I changed them all to Allow (I had my SDK adb in one place and the root method adb in another so it came up more than once based on location). I'll do a reboot and I'll see what happens.

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#23 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

The 6.0.0 are directly from the new device manager 2.3.9.

Edited by johnlgalt, 21 April 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#24 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Alright. I decided to try and reinstall 5.9.0 just for the heck of it. Still nothing. But, I've got something that makes this a bit weirder for us.

I had 5.9.0 when I unlocked my bootloader on my Maxx HD. ADB picked up my Maxx HD on the first try. That worked out fine. And this is 2 weeks later from when I unlocked. Does this make it seem more of a phone issue with my Dad's phone or my computer still? Now I'm not too sure about this. Lol.

(Recommended)

#25 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

I think it's a phone issue. ADB is getting to my Maxx HD just fine - so I plan on doing a factory reset and seeing how that helps. I'll report back once I actually get it done.

(Recommended)

#26 jlstark1

jlstark1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm interested in knowing the outcome of your factory reset. I was trying to do the same for a friend today and was experiencing the exact same thing. I had just rooted my Bionic and upgraded to JB this past week so I know my computer is set right. I gave the phone back to her tonight explaining the only think I knew to do was a factory reset. She wasn't sure she wanted to go there so if this works for you maybe it will work for us too.

#27 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Factory reset may not be enough - you may need to FXZ.

Also, can you double and triple check that USB debugging is enabled?  Also can you verify that there are not firewall programs on the phone blocking adb access?

#28 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hey guys.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

The factory reset worked, with it then allowing adb to see the device, and me being able to root the device.

However, now that JB is installed on the device, the factory reset seems to have wiped out my Dad's contacts. He had them synced with Backup Assistant and now he can't get them back. Its like they erased themselves or something as his PIN was not working, and now my brother's contacts (my brother is also on the account) synced to my Dad's phone.

You guys know of a way to fix this? Or any of you even heard of something like this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

(Recommended)

#29 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yeah his contacts are gone. I hate Backup Assistant and I am so glad I stopped using it a long time ago! Now I just gotta find a way to get some of his contacts. Ugh.

@jlstark1 - Be careful if your wife uses Backup Assistant. You could lose your contacts like my Dad did - back them up to a different location as well as Backup Assistant if she uses it.

--Sam

(Recommended)

#30 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Have you tried logging into the VZW account? They may still be online. You can probably save them as a .csv then transfer and import them

#31 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Have you tried logging into the VZW account? They may still be online. You can probably save them as a .csv then transfer and import them

Yes I have - we've concluded that they are gone. I've never seen anything quite like how it happened and I wish I could have recovered them but I couldn't. :(

(Recommended)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users