Photo

Lost stock recovery and stuck on 4.0.4. HELP

Best Answer kaos2569 , 29 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hey everyone. I figured out the problem!!!!

I made a charge cable because the battery went totally dead and I figured I would spend my weekend attempting to fix this sucker. 

I used Matt's utility and re-flashed again. NOTHING!!!   I decided to take the phone screen off and disconnect the battery and use the charge cable only and see what would happen if I did the whole process with just the cable-no battery connected. 

JACKPOT!!! 4.1.2 loaded.  Reboot. Check. Boot into Recovery. Check! Everything works!!

Re-connect the battery-BOOTLOOP. 

Thank you Aixelsyd and Tucstwo for the the help and sorry for making you guys crazy! And THANK GOD it was the battery. I was about to stop messing with phones thinking I lost it. Gonna order a battery and get this thing back to working order. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 kaos2569

kaos2569

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

OK, crazy question. 

Is there a way to make an "update" zip for the update files need to get back to 4.1.2 using clockwork or safestrap? (The 0625 and the 4.1.1)

#22 kaos2569

kaos2569

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:04 PM   Best Answer

Hey everyone. I figured out the problem!!!!

I made a charge cable because the battery went totally dead and I figured I would spend my weekend attempting to fix this sucker. 

I used Matt's utility and re-flashed again. NOTHING!!!   I decided to take the phone screen off and disconnect the battery and use the charge cable only and see what would happen if I did the whole process with just the cable-no battery connected. 

JACKPOT!!! 4.1.2 loaded.  Reboot. Check. Boot into Recovery. Check! Everything works!!

Re-connect the battery-BOOTLOOP. 

Thank you Aixelsyd and Tucstwo for the the help and sorry for making you guys crazy! And THANK GOD it was the battery. I was about to stop messing with phones thinking I lost it. Gonna order a battery and get this thing back to working order. 

• Aixelsyd and tucstwo like this

#23 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Awesome man glad to hear you stuck at it and got it going. this was had me bothered every dam day and I check the thread to see if any new reports have been posted as it literally made NO sense to me. It actually still baffles me on why the dam battery is causing the issue but at least its an easy fix really. Nice job & job well done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users