#1 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

POPULAR

There seem to be a lot of questions regarding the same things coming up in the threads so in my effort to be productive when my cat wakes me up too effing early in the morning got me to thinking I should make this thread. I posted this in one of the other threads but I don't intend to maintain that list. This one I intend to keep up to date as things progress and I'll remove/lock it once all/most of it is resolved. Dev's (I think you have editing powers?), admins, mods, etc please feel free to add to and edit this list. I only ask that as things are fixed that you don't delete them that you just use the strikethrough tool so that they're still there for reference as not all ROMs are on the same page and what might be fixed in some may not be fixed in others. The rest of you: if you're aware of something consistently broken shoot me a PM and if I can verify it I'll add it to the list.

Thanks for the fantastic work to all the Devs who's hard work is much appreciated.

All of the CM/AOKP ROMs have the same issues at the moment (for the most part). I'll list them below. Some are intermittent but they all exist for now. I just want to compile a list so that people know what they're getting into and what issues are well known. Basically your best bet is to never reboot and some of these issues can be avoided.

----------------------------------------------------------

- Signal is a bit weaker which can cause issues with occasional data drops / tethering issues in low signal areas. As the RIL gets worked and the kernel gets cleaned up this will slowly resolve itself. Data re-acquires immediately when stronger signals are received so it's not really a severe issue but it's worth noting I guess for those of us that live/work/visit lower signal areas and/or rely on tethering features.

- Bluetooth audio is wonky. Sometimes will need to disable and enable several times to get working. - No known fix

- The phone may forget how to use its USB connection to a computer. A reboot with the device plugged in will resolved this issue - Solution in the works.

- Speaker phone uses handset mic rather than speakerphone mic. Not a giant issues but speakerphone quality on recipient end doesn't sound great. - No known fix.

- Multiple audio playback can cause weird behavior until one of them is paused. Example: Spotify is playing but you want to listen to a voice mail. Normally Spotify would automatically stop while you listen and restart when it's done. It does not always do so. In fact usually not. Pausing one while the other plays fixes the issue. - No known fix

- Phone FC issue - well documented - Can be temp fixed but fails on reboot. Fix below should fix this as well - Resolved all current builds have this fixed.

- MMS sending - this is the one that has many scratching their heads. On first boot it will work fine. On first reboot you may have noticed in your settings/status screen that your phone has "forgotten" several things that were defined on initial boot. Several of these become unknown. This prevents the phone from properly identifying and utilizing send MMS on the XT926 on VZW. This does not apply to incoming messages. It has to do with the registration of the phone with the network at initial boot but never happening again as far as I can understand. - add the following 2 lines to your build prop and reboot related issues should be resolved: - Resolved. All current builds have this fixed

ro.cdma.subscribe_on_ruim_ready=true
ro.telephony.ril.v3=writeaidonly

Thank you dhacker for sharing this fix from the spyder
 - Resolved. All current builds have this fixed.

- Camcorder - well documented. Will seem to record but at end of recording camera app will freeze and be unavailable until you wipe gallery app data. Still camera is fine front and back.  - Resolved. All current builds have this fixed

- GPS failing to lock - while I have not experienced it, some are having to flash back to stock, obtain a lock and flash back to get it to work. Every time mine misbehaves I just launch GPS status and toolbox from the market and walk outside and it fixes itself after about 10s. To each his own. It's worth a shot before you go wiping back and forth :p.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. - Resolved. All current builds have this fixed

- Custom colors for LED notifications often misbehave. I wish it just had set colors like light flow. Light flow itself conflicts with the built in settings and getting it to work right takes a reboot (which breaks things d'oh) so I haven't been using like I usually do. - Resolved all current builds have this fixed.

- NFC on older builds will not shut off - Resolved all current builds have this fixed.

I may have forgotten some but my cat woke me up @ 7 am and now I'm going back to bed after having been mildly productive so early...

The like button is over here ;) --------------------------------------------------------------------->>>

Edited by arcanexvi, 21 June 2013 - 06:19 AM.

• Mr_Alexander, Kjeldmis, ripper2860 and 32 others like this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#2 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

On these 4.2.2 ROMs I sometimes seem to have data drops (or it could be just an incorrect signal strength reading that shows no bars/0 dBm). Dunno whether this is an issue that others have.

#3 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

On these 4.2.2 ROMs I sometimes seem to have data drops (or it could be just an incorrect signal strength reading that shows no bars/0 dBm). Dunno whether this is an issue that others have.

I've had the occasional drop too but my home/work are both weak signal areas so I had the same problem on stock. As it instantly re-aquires when you have signal i didn't bother listing it. If it is a consistent reported problem I'll add it to the list. Are your drops for an extended period or requiring an airplane mode toggle? I've actually had much better luck on data-reaquire on this versus stock. I was having to toggle airplane mode occasionally to get it up and running but never had to on CM10.1.

Posted Image

#4 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

I've had the occasional drop too but my home/work are both weak signal areas so I had the same problem on stock. As it instantly re-aquires when you have signal i didn't bother listing it. If it is a consistent reported problem I'll add it to the list. Are your drops for an extended period or requiring an airplane mode toggle? I've actually had much better luck on data-reaquire on this versus stock. I was having to toggle airplane mode occasionally to get it up and running but never had to on CM10.1.

They aren't for an extended time and don't require an airplane mode toggle. It'll just kinda go back and forth sometimes.

#5 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Oh one other thing. For some reason at the moment I can't turn off NFC, so it's using extra battery.

#6 jber8103

jber8103

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yeah, the phone fc kinda irritating, as the cat thing too...Lol, I sometimes have a black screen when I push the apps drawer button, but I touch the screen again and presto...Lol....pacman ROM is definitely my personal fav, but its a little laggy at times...

#7 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Oh one other thing. For some reason at the moment I can't turn off NFC, so it's using extra battery.

ah yes. forgot about nfc but that looks to be fixed now anyway (4/21 build lets me disable and it shuts off). I leave mine on as the power draw is minimal.

Posted Image

#8 jber8103

jber8103

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

I can't seem to find NFC on pacman?

#9 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

I can't seem to find NFC on pacman?

Is it under Settings-->More? Under the WiFi and Bluetooth Toggles.

#10 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

ah yes. forgot about nfc but that looks to be fixed now anyway (4/21 build lets me disable and it shuts off). I leave mine on as the draw is minimal.

Hmm, I'm getting the issue on 4/22 build of AOKP. 

#11 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Have you tried it on epinter's cm?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#12 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Have you tried it on epinter's cm?

I haven't tried the CM yet actually. I've only tried Pac Man and AOKP. 

Btw, looks as if there might have been a breakthrough on the phone FC issue over on XDA?

#13 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Can I get someone to add the following to an AOKP build.prop

Reboot the phone and see if the phone number is retained and you can send MMS? I know it works for CM. Should work for AOKP as well.

Posted Image

#14 divadem

divadem

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

p

I have this issue and as a result cannot tether with consistent results when on 4.2.2 roms. My computer will say cannot load page "network changed" when signal switches from 0dbm to about -103 to -106 dbm. I don't have this problems when on 4.1.2 roms.

-I am in an area of bad reception

-AlsoGPS never locks when on these roms.
- Bluetooth is wonky

I have even restored to stock 4.1.2 , rerooted to hopefully have these problems fixed but to no avail.

#15 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Can I get someone to add the following to an AOKP build.prop

Reboot the phone and see if the phone number is retained and you can send MMS? I know it works for CM. Should work for AOKP as well.

Just tried it. It worked! Rebooted, MMS still works, no phone FC!

#16 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

p

I have this issue and as a result cannot tether with consistent results when on 4.2.2 roms. My computer will say cannot load page "network changed" when signal switches from 0dbm to about -103 to -106 dbm. I don't have this problems when on 4.1.2 roms.

-I am in an area of bad reception

-AlsoGPS never locks when on these roms.
- Bluetooth is wonky

I have even restored to stock 4.1.2 , rerooted to hopefully have these problems fixed but to no avail.

GPS does lock on these ROMs with some toying around.

Bluetooth is noted already but thank you. I work/live in low signal structures.

The same behavior I have experienced countless times on Stock/4.1.2 ROMs as well as these. Wish there was a fix for this other than getting better reception but unfortunately in my time with this device (since launch) this has been an issue with everyone I know with this device in low signal areas. 

Posted Image

#17 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Just tried it. It worked! Rebooted, MMS still works, no phone FC!

Score, just wanted to confirm it worked on AOKP as well as CM. Thanks for checking. OP updated.

Posted Image

#18 JohnZoidbergMD

JohnZoidbergMD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Thanks a bunch for this clear round-up of issues, it's very much appreciated!

#19 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

The same behavior I have experienced countless times on Stock/4.1.2 ROMs as well as these. Wish there was a fix for this other than getting better reception but unfortunately in my time with this device (since launch) this has been an issue with everyone I know with this device in low signal areas. 

I should mention, though, that it seems to happen a lot more for me on 4.2.2 roms than it does on stock.

#20 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

ah yes. forgot about nfc but that looks to be fixed now anyway (4/21 build lets me disable and it shuts off). I leave mine on as the power draw is minimal.

Ability to turn NFC off is fixed on AOKP for me now. Basically, once I rebooted it was off. I hadn't previously rebooted because of the phone/MMS issue, but now that there's a fix for those I can reboot, which fixed the other thing, haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users