• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#61 natedogg11

natedogg11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Seems like one more try at fixing the GPS did the trick, it's working great now.

I tried to make the buildprop edits but ES File Explorer crashed when saving the file and hosed it up. I pulled the one from the AOKP zip, edited it then put it in the system folder but I must have screwed up the permissions because the phone wouldn't boot. :lol:

I ended up wiping everything but data and reinstalling the rom and gapps. I guess I should install root explorer and try again. Does it matter where the new lines are added to the buildprop?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

What buildprop changes did you make to correct the GPS issue? 

#62 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Try here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For what? :s I don't want to run CM, I am content with Pacman.

#63 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

It shows unknown here too but doesn't affect anything.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#64 aggierandy

aggierandy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCollege Station TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD (XT 926)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Is anyone else having issues connecting to wifi networks secured with WPA2-PSK security? I am getting an "authentication problem"

AOKP xt926 unofficial 2013-04-27

Edit: Not an issue on CM10.1. Either isolated to AOKP or just my device.

Edit 2: Updated to CM10.1 with working camera and now I have the same authentication problem. Anyone else?

Droid Razr HD (XT 926) Rooted and Unlocked

#65 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

What buildprop changes did you make to correct the GPS issue?

Build.prop edits were for the phone and MMS issues (now fixed in most 4.2.2 rom current builds). I got the GPS working with the flash back to stock, get a lock, wipe and restore AOKP backup. Not sure why it worked then as it was not the first time I tried that.

#66 chrisoyervides

chrisoyervides

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr HD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

my wifi does not work it does not connect to the networks :( , anyone help/

#67 natedogg11

natedogg11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Build.prop edits were for the phone and MMS issues (now fixed in most 4.2.2 rom current builds). I got the GPS working with the flash back to stock, get a lock, wipe and restore AOKP backup. Not sure why it worked then as it was not the first time I tried that.

When you say flash to stock, do you mean fastboot? Can we fastboot 4.1.2 and restore a 4.2.2 ROM or will we have problems?

#68 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

When you say flash to stock, do you mean fastboot? Can we fastboot 4.1.2 and restore a 4.2.2 ROM or will we have problems?

Flash to stock was a bad choice of words by me. Here's the process that worked for me. I first backed up AOKP in TWRP. I then wiped everything and restored a backup of Nexusque v3.0 (any rom based on stock should work). I got a lock on that rom with GPS status, booted into recovery, wiped, installed AOKP fresh, then restored data from my AOKP backup before rebooting. GPS has worked perfectly since and I didn't have to reinstall any apps or set my phone up again.

That being said, if it's not a big deal to you it's probably best not to restore data but I have not seen any major issues.

• natedogg11 likes this

#69 natedogg11

natedogg11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Flash to stock was a bad choice of words by me. Here's the process that worked for me. I first backed up AOKP in TWRP. I then wiped everything and restored a backup of Nexusque v3.0 (any rom based on stock should work). I got a lock on that rom with GPS status, booted into recovery, wiped, installed AOKP fresh, then restored data from my AOKP backup before rebooting. GPS has worked perfectly since and I didn't have to reinstall any apps or set my phone up again.

That being said, if it's not a big deal to you it's probably best not to restore data but I have not seen any major issues.

I tried wiping and installing Nexusque 3.1 and it would not even boot up. I'm using CWR, but I don't see why that would make a big difference. I guess I will try with one of the other stock-ish ROMs.

I'm an idiot...forgot to mount. Did what you said and as of now I have a GPS lock!! We will see if it holds tomorrow when I really need it, but thank you so much for the help.

#70 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

I tried wiping and installing Nexusque 3.1 and it would not even boot up. I'm using CWR, but I don't see why that would make a big difference. I guess I will try with one of the other stock-ish ROMs.

If you are going back to a stock rom from a 4.2.2 rom you needed to be sure to flash the 4.1.2 stock kernel after flashing the rom (while still in TWRP).

A copy of the kernel is linked to in this post;

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#71 lxbigv01

lxbigv01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

anyone having trouble connecting their phone to the computer?  I cant get my computer to recognize that it is connected after installing this rom.  Ive tried other phones and they work fine.  Any suggestions?

Edit: Figured it out....

#72 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Reboot the phone with it plugged in. Forgot to add this to the op.

Posted Image

#73 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

For some reason, my ICCID (SIM card) isn't coming up on PACman or just CM10.1. I restored to stock and it came up fine but on these, even after a clean flash, nothing.

Look in /mnt some AOSP roms are splitting the internal storage

vtc.png

#74 aggierandy

aggierandy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Is anyone else having issues connecting to wifi networks secured with WPA2-PSK security? I am getting an "authentication problem"

AOKP xt926 unofficial 2013-04-27

Edit: Not an issue on CM10.1. Either isolated to AOKP or just my device.

Edit 2: Updated to CM10.1 with working camera and now I have the same authentication problem. Anyone else?

Can anyone else confirm my hypothesis that on 4.2.2 roms WITH working camera, WPA2-PSK wifi security support is broken?

#75 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Look in /mnt some AOSP roms are splitting the internal storage

He's talking about his SIM not SD card.

Posted Image

#76 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Can anyone else confirm my hypothesis that on 4.2.2 roms WITH working camera, WPA2-PSK wifi security support is broken?

My wifi works fine on WPA2. Somewhere along the line they did make changes that didn't allow for "dirty" flashing though so you may need to wipe to fix it. Try cache/dalvik first. If that fails do a backup and wipe the whole thing to test.

• aggierandy likes this

Posted Image

#77 aggierandy

aggierandy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

My wifi works fine on WPA2. Somewhere along the line they did make changes that didn't allow for "dirty" flashing though so you may need to wipe to fix it. Try cache/dalvik first. If that fails do a backup and wipe the whole thing to test.

Tried both a cache/dalvik wipe and a full wipe and restore.

I did a full system wipe each full Rom install and just restored apps from titanium. Wifi worked on cm10 and cm10.1 without camera. Aokp and cm10.1 with epinters camera both failed.

Screenshots attached. Connecting to networks with other security types isn't an issue.

RapaTapTap

Attached Files

#78 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Tried both a cache/dalvik wipe and a full wipe and restore.

I did a full system wipe each full Rom install and just restored apps from titanium. Wifi worked on cm10 and cm10.1 without camera. Aokp and cm10.1 with epinters camera both failed.

Screenshots attached. Connecting to networks with other security types isn't an issue.

RapaTapTap

Wpa2 has worked on all of my cm10.1 flashes

sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd
  • aggierandy likes this

#79 aggierandy

aggierandy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Repeated the exact same process four times and it finally works. No idea why. I simply wiped everything (cache, dalvik system, data) and reinstalled with gapps. Rinse repeat.

Sorry to muddy up the thread.

RapaTapTap

#80 chrisoyervides

chrisoyervides

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr HD

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

on the element x 4.2.2 rom WPA2-PSk wifi would not connect i changed it to WEP , and with no security and still does not connect would anyone know what to do?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users