Photo

OTA Fail Please Help

Best Answer matjmonk , 26 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

I think at this point you would be best off doing an FXZ using the HoB utility to reset the phone back to stock ICS. Here's the link to the main forum: http://www.droidrzr....ouse-of-bionic/

Here are the steps I would suggest:

1. Read all the information on how to use the HoB utility + the FAQ's

2. FXZ (keeping data) with the HoB utility.

3. root using HoB

4. protect root using HoB

5. reboot the phone and use the Voodoo utility (installed when you rooted with HoB) to protect root

6. test that root is protected by using Voodoo to do a temporary un-root and then restore root with Voodo

7. use Voodoo to temporarily un-root (I've read this is not always necessary, but it should be the safest way to proceed)

8. as long as the test in #6 succeeded, take the OTA

9. restore root with Voodoo after JB is installed, if Voodoo fails use HoB to restore root.

Good luck

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 raidermc

raidermc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

I think at this point you would be best off doing an FXZ using the HoB utility to reset the phone back to stock ICS. Here's the link to the main forum:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here are the steps I would suggest:

1. Read all the information on how to use the HoB utility + the FAQ's
2. FXZ (keeping data) with the HoB utility.
3. root using HoB
4. protect root using HoB
5. reboot the phone and use the Voodoo utility (installed when you rooted with HoB) to protect root
6. test that root is protected by using Voodoo to do a temporary un-root and then restore root with Voodo
7. use Voodoo to temporarily un-root (I've read this is not always necessary, but it should be the safest way to proceed)
8. as long as the test in #6 succeeded, take the OTA
9. restore root with Voodoo after JB is installed, if Voodoo fails use HoB to restore root.

Good luck

HoB saves my a$$!!!!

FXZ 246, Protect root and updated to JB all is well but I still have to restore root (HoB) but even if that fails I will use Dan's Linux root exploit!! Thanxs for all the help!! And Thanxs to all the developers (Dan,Sam.Sarge) for the time and effort in making this Bionic forum community a great place to "hang out in".
  • tmyinc likes this
It is what it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users