• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

I went back too.173 after the ics update. The battery died so frigging fast, was not good at all. Much better now back too stock .173

#22 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

I had a number of issues with the leak after a while.

Lagged at times, dropped data numerous times, after charging for a bit the stock text app would go fricking nuts, actually the whole phone would go nuts and just start randomly thinking you were hitting a whole row of apps in the app tray or start typing random letters in text. While tethering (ethically and legally through the stock hotspot :P) my phone would get much hotter than it would on any of the GB stock or custom roms or axiom/gummy ICS roms. Thus it would reboot constantly. Battery life absolutely sucked on the leak compared to the "custom" AOKP/AOSP ICS roms we have on the GB kernel. After the phone being on all day the and I would try to go to my recent calls to use the quick phone icon to call a person again, it would start scrolling through my recent calls and make me manually enter the phone number.

Those are just some of the issues I could remember. I'm taking the soak test tomorrow as I just got back to 173 stock rooted after running the leak since it came out. But after that, I'm going back to 173 or 175 update and then flashing Gummy. (181 doesn't allow gummy to boot up, well at least the leak 181 doesn't).
Posted Image

#23 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

I went back too.173 after the ics update. The battery died so frigging fast, was not good at all. Much better now back too stock .173

I had a number of issues with the leak after a while.

Lagged at times, dropped data numerous times, after charging for a bit the stock text app would go fricking nuts, actually the whole phone would go nuts and just start randomly thinking you were hitting a whole row of apps in the app tray or start typing random letters in text. While tethering (ethically and legally through the stock hotspot ) my phone would get much hotter than it would on any of the GB stock or custom roms or axiom/gummy ICS roms. Thus it would reboot constantly. Battery life absolutely sucked on the leak compared to the "custom" AOKP/AOSP ICS roms we have on the GB kernel. After the phone being on all day the and I would try to go to my recent calls to use the quick phone icon to call a person again, it would start scrolling through my recent calls and make me manually enter the phone number.

Those are just some of the issues I could remember. I'm taking the soak test tomorrow as I just got back to 173 stock rooted after running the leak since it came out. But after that, I'm going back to 173 or 175 update and then flashing Gummy. (181 doesn't allow gummy to boot up, well at least the leak 181 doesn't).

Wow...I haven't had any of these issues, and I've been running this for...a week or 2(?)

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk
  • jimyv likes this

#24 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

Wow...I haven't had any of these issues, and I've been running this for...a week or 2(?)

Well la de da for you lmao. I ran with the ICS leak for about 2 days and then went back to stock. Not really sure why other than I just wanted to lol.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#25 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

Im not having any issues either nothing major to complain about. Just a few minor bugs here and there but thats expected with any new OS.

Rooted Droid Razr ICS Leak

#26 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Im not having any issues either nothing major to complain about. Just a few minor bugs here and there but thats expected with any new OS.

Rooted Droid Razr ICS Leak

Yep, it's definitely not ready to be OTA yet, but it's nice, fast, and solid, definitely. I definitely miss 1% battery though...of course I gave been using Battery Circle, which gives me 1% in my status bar, but still, I would rather not need to, lol

#27 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well la de da for you lmao. I ran with the ICS leak for about 2 days and then went back to stock. Not really sure why other than I just wanted to lol.

Basically the exact same thing I did.. now I'm back on the leak and will probably go back to 173 again tomorrow lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
[ sent from _base2 ]

#28 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

so in each of your opinions how close to perfect is the ICS leak? i mean is there a lot wrong that we would think it would take months to iron out before we get an official version? or is is close enough that it may only be a couple of weeks? i'd like to test drive it but i am anal and want all things working on my phone. so if i were to loose data or have 3g/4g issues or if nfl mobile wasn't working or camera/video was borked i'd be freakin out. i'd really like to go back to eclipse but if we get ICS official in a week or so i'd rather not go through the hassle.

Anyones thoughts on this?

#29 kaplac

kaplac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Most of the functionality is there. I haven't heard any issues regarding data or camera issues. The bugs that I'm hearing about are little things that are largely annoyances and bothersome.

Several apps also don't work on the rom (i.e. temple run, cut the rope etc)

#30 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

so in each of your opinions how close to perfect is the ICS leak? i mean is there a lot wrong that we would think it would take months to iron out before we get an official version? or is is close enough that it may only be a couple of weeks? i'd like to test drive it but i am anal and want all things working on my phone. so if i were to loose data or have 3g/4g issues or if nfl mobile wasn't working or camera/video was borked i'd be freakin out. i'd really like to go back to eclipse but if we get ICS official in a week or so i'd rather not go through the hassle.

Honestly, at the speed Moto & VZW usually come out with updates...who knows when it'll drop. But I will say this: I have not had any data issues AT ALL. I don't use NFL Mobile, do I can't answer that one...but camera does in fact work, and I even put the camera from AXIOM (GNex camera basically, lol) in there, and it also works perfectly. Actually I must admit, I did that because I hate the motoblur camera, lol...

Overall, I'd say the issues are very minor. I have no desire to go back to GB at all :) I hope that helps somewhat...

Edited by NattyBee, 19 April 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#31 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Most of the functionality is there. I haven't heard any issues regarding data or camera issues. The bugs that I'm hearing about are little things that are largely annoyances and bothersome.

Several apps also don't work on the rom (i.e. temple run, cut the rope etc)

Cut the rope works perfectly for me.

#32 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

In my opinion and I'm sure there will be people that disagree with me, and people that agree. I personally think it's OTA ready. I've been running the leak off and on since the night it came out at like 2am lol. Never any data drops or any issues at all for that matter. I just like to play around with stuff on my phone so I've had to RSD back to stock quite a few times but NEVER have I done it because of an issue with the leak.

Upon finding out that the .181 update had been scrapped, I was in high hopes that they did this because they were going with ICS instead. Like many people, I was a little upset when I saw that Moto chose to go with the .181 update instead. Anyway, I don't want to get back on that subject again lol.

To describe the ICS leak, I'll take the words of crApple hipsters everywhere. "It just works." And by "it" I mean "everything."

#33 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

In my opinion and I'm sure there will be people that disagree with me, and people that agree. I personally think it's OTA ready. I've been running the leak off and on since the night it came out at like 2am lol. Never any data drops or any issues at all for that matter. I just like to play around with stuff on my phone so I've had to RSD back to stock quite a few times but NEVER have I done it because of an issue with the leak.

Upon finding out that the .181 update had been scrapped, I was in high hopes that they did this because they were going with ICS instead. Like many people, I was a little upset when I saw that Moto chose to go with the .181 update instead. Anyway, I don't want to get back on that subject again lol.

To describe the ICS leak, I'll take the words of crApple hipsters everywhere. "It just works." And by "it" I mean "everything."

It's not OTA ready. There are 2 huge glaring bugs in it that are safety/security related. The main issues are in the OP of my main thread for the leak.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#34 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

It's not OTA ready. There are 2 huge glaring bugs in it that are safety/security related. The main issues are in the OP of my main thread for the leak.

I don't see the concerns that you do. If your concern is the USB Mass storage, you can change that in "USB computer connection". I believe that the sdcard can only be accessed from a connected computer anyways. Right?What's the 2nd bug?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users