Photo

[ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) Nightly Build | RAZR HD (XT926)

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#141 LemmyCaution

LemmyCaution

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:Lemmy_Caution

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Settings\Phone

Scroll to Build number

Tap 6 times

Voila!

#142 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Settings\Phone

Scroll to Build number

Tap 6 times

Voila!

Thanks! Good lord it's hidden lol

#143 LemmyCaution

LemmyCaution

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Secret Handshake I.T.

You will never stumble upon USB Debugging by accident.

I didn't know either the first time I flashed CM10.1 on this phone.

#144 mikepahl318

mikepahl318

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

I was having authentication issues with WiFi as well until todays nightly build. 7/12

#145 LemmyCaution

LemmyCaution

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

What Kernel is the consensus best w/Dhackers nightlies? His builds appear to update the Kernel with each nightly.

#146 mikepahl318

mikepahl318

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Question -> Can the Razr HD's CPu be pushed passed 1.5Ghz? Would love to overclock if possible. Running cm 10.1 + TWRP

#147 Anon5978

Anon5978

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Question -> Can the Razr HD's CPu be pushed passed 1.5Ghz? Would love to overclock if possible. Running cm 10.1 + TWRP

It was overclocked a few weeks ago but was removed. I think it was believed to be the cause of some problems like the SOD or blue flashes, not sure.

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#148 mikepahl318

mikepahl318

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

It was overclocked a few weeks ago but was removed. I think it was believed to be the cause of some problems like the SOD or blue flashes, not sure.Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

well dang

#149 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

I am getting a Permission icon in the notifications bar then when I click I get a force close: com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped  

I suspect it is Google Tracks as that app would do the same with another ROM

#150 notea4u

notea4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Skrilax nightlies

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Dhacker builds

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What about the gapps? o.O`

#151 halfpint

halfpint

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

It was overclocked a few weeks ago but was removed. I think it was believed to be the cause of some problems like the SOD or blue flashes, not sure.Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think the blue flashes are related to the overlay setting, as I posted elsewhere. Before I changed my overlay setting, I was getting incessant blue flashes on my home screen, and I'm not overclocked.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#152 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

What about the gapps? o.O`

#153 notea4u

notea4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Thanks lol I just found them anyhow a while ago... :p

#154 pazuzuftw

pazuzuftw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

I've tried the ported aokp and have been looking to go on this one as well as I've heard its good for the battery life. I've got a razr maxx hd and have noticed my battery life has gone to crap recently. I'll have it on for 3 hours and be under 90% and I've calibrated the battery twice. Idk what to do but try a new rom and I heard this one is good.

#155 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

I've tried the ported aokp and have been looking to go on this one as well as I've heard its good for the battery life. I've got a razr maxx hd and have noticed my battery life has gone to crap recently. I'll have it on for 3 hours and be under 90% and I've calibrated the battery twice. Idk what to do but try a new rom and I heard this one is good.

That sounds pretty standard to me man. 

#156 pazuzuftw

pazuzuftw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

That sounds pretty standard to me man. 

On stock motoblur I was getting at least 4.5 - 5 hrs before dipping below 90%. The thing that was getting me was that when I'd be at work, and have bad signal, I'd shut off the data and be at about 84 or 86% about 10 hrs into use with heavy use for about the 1st hr it was on and doing the same with the aokp rom I was going down to about 78 or 79 in the same amount of time with the same amount of use. I'm calibrating the battery on it right now and with this rom I've been going for 27 hrs with about 9-10 of them being moderate to heavy use and the rest being when I was sleeping or at work and its at 56%

#157 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

On stock motoblur I was getting at least 4.5 - 5 hrs before dipping below 90%. The thing that was getting me was that when I'd be at work, and have bad signal, I'd shut off the data and be at about 84 or 86% about 10 hrs into use with heavy use for about the 1st hr it was on and doing the same with the aokp rom I was going down to about 78 or 79 in the same amount of time with the same amount of use. I'm calibrating the battery on it right now and with this rom I've been going for 27 hrs with about 9-10 of them being moderate to heavy use and the rest being when I was sleeping or at work and its at 56%

I have given up on custom ROMs for this device.  I have tried just about every one, and NONE of them work as well as the stock Moto ROM.  They always have issues, and in fixing one issue they break two more things.  It isn't like the old days where a ROM improved on a crappy stock ROM,

For the most part, the stock ROMs have gotten better, while the quality of most custom ROMs has gone from superb, to Beta, and now to Alpha quality.

Yeah, they are pretty and have some nice features and it fills our geek need to have something that most of the unwashed masses do not, but in the end if it doesn't work properly, it crashes, it drains the battery 25% faster, I have to give up HDMI, visual voicemail and BT streaming... well, what good is it?

I can use the stock Moto ROM, guarantee that everything works and if I want to make it look pretty I can install a different launcher and make it look like anything that I want.

With VZW not charging tethering fees any more, there really isn't a need for Root in my case.  Giving up stability, features and all that, just to be able to say that I have a custom ROM and pick up 37 points in an irrelevant benchmark, just doesn't do it for me anymore.  So to that end, I restored to stock, took the latest OTA that doesn't have root or a bootloader unlock available so that I won't be tempted to try another ROM, and I am calling it a day.

I will keep my ROM needs met on my N7.  My next phone will be a Nexus device, because those are the only ones with quality ROMs any more...

• mrf582 likes this

#158 pazuzuftw

pazuzuftw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

That's what I want to do. I'm waiting to hear about the moto x today to see if that sounds like a nexus type phone and if not I may just get a nexus when they release one with LTE. I always favored vanilla android which is why I tried aokp and have now tried cyanogenmod. I always thought blur was the best stock android out there besides vanilla.

#159 heffzilla

heffzilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@heffzilla

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

I have given up on custom ROMs for this device. I have tried just about every one, and NONE of them work as well as the stock Moto ROM. They always have issues, and in fixing one issue they break two more things. It isn't like the old days where a ROM improved on a crappy stock ROM,

For the most part, the stock ROMs have gotten better, while the quality of most custom ROMs has gone from superb, to Beta, and now to Alpha quality.

Yeah, they are pretty and have some nice features and it fills our geek need to have something that most of the unwashed masses do not, but in the end if it doesn't work properly, it crashes, it drains the battery 25% faster, I have to give up HDMI, visual voicemail and BT streaming... well, what good is it?

I can use the stock Moto ROM, guarantee that everything works and if I want to make it look pretty I can install a different launcher and make it look like anything that I want.

With VZW not charging tethering fees any more, there really isn't a need for Root in my case. Giving up stability, features and all that, just to be able to say that I have a custom ROM and pick up 37 points in an irrelevant benchmark, just doesn't do it for me anymore. So to that end, I restored to stock, took the latest OTA that doesn't have root or a bootloader unlock available so that I won't be tempted to try another ROM, and I am calling it a day.

I will keep my ROM needs met on my N7. My next phone will be a Nexus device, because those are the only ones with quality ROMs any more...

I

Soooooo, don't flash custom ROM's, it's development, I don't think any ROM is listed as "stable" (except Xenon, which was copied from the og xenon thread) so you should expect bugs. No need to stand on the soapbox and rant about development. And personally I think we have top quality custom ROM's considering the work that goes into them.
  • desireaftergod likes this

#160 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

I

Soooooo, don't flash custom ROM's, it's development, I don't think any ROM is listed as "stable" (except Xenon, which was copied from the og xenon thread) so you should expect bugs. No need to stand on the soapbox and rant about development. And personally I think we have top quality custom ROM's considering the work that goes into them.

+1

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users