Photo

[ROM][JB] FlyingJelly 1.1 by Team LiteSpeed (5/19)

• Please log in to reply
963 replies to this topic

#641 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hey Bama, another update on the Edge theme, Hangouts app has broken video call. Tried clearing data on the app to no avail. Only way to get it working was to uninstall themed app and install one from market.

Also, if it wouldn't be too much to ask, since a lot of people are switching back to DSP, it would be nice to have the choice to have Edge without the Ac!d settings option.

Edit: And just in case I hadn't said it before, Edge is probably the best theme I've ever seen on a phone before. Really great stuff.

dsp version in op

• T3T3droid likes this

#642 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

dsp version in op

If you are having issues with the link in the op Click on this one.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• T3T3droid and Bama like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#643 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Anyone having issues getting the sleep of death on this ROM? This happened twice yesterday and once today. I will use my phone and then lock it a few minutes later (by pressing the power button). I will then try to unlock the screen by pressing the power button, but nothing happens. I usually have to do a hard reset by holding power +vol buttons to reset the phone. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks!

yes i've had this problem once or twice i recreated slot and has been good since i thought it might have been the edge theme but i dpon't think so ive put back on and no problems have great battery life 30 percent drain while at work not doing much 45 minutes of reading amazon and a few text msgs mostly under heavy use its usally around 60 percent drain 

#644 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

its always the theme

#645 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Themes don't cause these issues...if anything it could be attributed to a bad slot, weak battery or a rouge app. The area on locked B/l where safestrap resides wasn't necessarily meant for flashing ROMs and nobody knows just how much flashing will wear that area out faster than what it was designed for. It's the best alternative to allow somewhat circumventing the B/L. Each phone is different...my main bionic hates certain changes but yours might handle it perfectly..and vice versa.

• T3T3droid and Bama like this

#646 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

yes like i said the first thought was the theme but that wasn't it i think it was between a weak battery and gliched rom slot didn't mean to offend bama i still love this theme excellent work thanks 

• T3T3droid, B.E.McAllister and jayrod like this

#647 TweakerL

TweakerL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

dsp version in op

TYVM bama and nobe :)

• Bama likes this

#648 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

yes like i said the first thought was the theme but that wasn't it i think it was between a weak battery and gliched rom slot didn't mean to offend bama i still love this theme excellent work thanks

I am to in agreements to possible bad slots. Like I posted earlier slot 2's battery drain seems to be quicker then slot 1. Hell I am thinking about going as far as starting all over fresh storage format and factory reset on stock just to see if the issue lives on the B/L that Safestrap resides on. If that is the case hopefully Hashcode can issue a update to fix it.

new_animated_sig.gif

#649 raynman83

raynman83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Ok, so I have tried doing a wipe of the system, cache, dalvik, and factory reboot, THEN deleting ROM 1, then installing again, then wiping cache/dalvik, then restarting. I'm not installing anything but FlyingJelly 1.1.  It never boots. I've left it for a solid 15 minutes, and all I've got is the glowing black screen after safestrap passes.  I have safestrap v 3.05.  Would that be an issue?

#650 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yeah...pretty sure most ROMs require 3.11. I don't know this for a fact but I upgraded to it after release and never had an issue.
  • raynman83 likes this

#651 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Ok, so I have tried doing a wipe of the system, cache, dalvik, and factory reboot, THEN deleting ROM 1, then installing again, then wiping cache/dalvik, then restarting. I'm not installing anything but FlyingJelly 1.1.  It never boots. I've left it for a solid 15 minutes, and all I've got is the glowing black screen after safestrap passes.  I have safestrap v 3.05.  Would that be an issue?

Yeah I would install safestrap v3.11. I believe it included upgrades that were required for JB and added some new features as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • raynman83 likes this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#652 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

Are there any crazy quirks with 1.1 in slot 3?

#653 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

Are there any crazy quirks with 1.1 in slot 3?

Not that I know of. Are you having issues?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#654 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

[quote name="nobe1976" post="289055" timestamp="1369956271"

Those who are running this on Slot 2. Are you getting different battery stats then Slot 1. I am seeing about a 8% increase on slot 1.[/quote]

I have to agree I was noticing a heavier battery drain even with data turned off. Switched to slot 1 and it seems better.

#655 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

This is a fluke, ROM slots don't govern battery stats.  At all.

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#656 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

This is a fluke, ROM slots don't govern battery stats.  At all.

The way I am understanding this issue is that yes it is not a Battery Stats issue, but the way the ROM reads and writes to the different Slots. For some strange reason I started noticing this issue only after upgrading to JB and running different ROMs on different Slots. Got me curious so I decided to run FJ on both Slot 1 and Slot 2. Both setup with 1 gig data. Same TIBU backup and even same theme, which was EDGE. After a little while I switched from Slot 2 to Slot 1. The battery registered 60% before I rebooted into SS. After wiping battery stats and clearing cache & dalvic I switch to Slot 1. When it rebooted and sat for a min. the battery registered 75%. I follow the same processes everytime I switch slots on already created and setup ROMs. I know the ROM's themselves keep a battery log which gets wiped when I run T3's script in SS before switching to a different Slot. It is just wired that Slot 2's battery stats where that far off.

new_animated_sig.gif

#657 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

What you are noticing more than likely due with how SS has been coded. Think about it. AOKP has mainly been set up for slot 2 and CM10 ,slot1. Now I know that there is a RAZR version of AOKP coded for slot 1..and I have tested the Targa build...Also coded for slot 1. ..but it suffers from a few extra issues than the normal Kexec AOKP. .and it may be due to the slot change. Hashcode is probably the only one who knows exactly. I did notice some differences between running Icarus and FJ on multiple slots..since I always ran 2 at a time while theming..so there could be something to this observation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
  • nobe1976 likes this

#658 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Actually the safestrap is probably what the stock ROM battery level would be. ROMS are hard coded to slots due to the ramdisk included in the rom which tells the phone what to mount and boot from.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#659 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • Google+:t3t3droid@gmail.com
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, SGS4

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

The way I am understanding this issue is that yes it is not a Battery Stats issue, but the way the ROM reads and writes to the different Slots. For some strange reason I started noticing this issue only after upgrading to JB and running different ROMs on different Slots. Got me curious so I decided to run FJ on both Slot 1 and Slot 2. Both setup with 1 gig data. Same TIBU backup and even same theme, which was EDGE. After a little while I switched from Slot 2 to Slot 1. The battery registered 60% before I rebooted into SS. After wiping battery stats and clearing cache & dalvic I switch to Slot 1. When it rebooted and sat for a min. the battery registered 75%. I follow the same processes everytime I switch slots on already created and setup ROMs. I know the ROM's themselves keep a battery log which gets wiped when I run T3's script in SS before switching to a different Slot. It is just wired that Slot 2's battery stats where that far off.

I'm contradicting myself but oh well lol... The wipe stats that I made does the same as all the apps and stuff but, it doesn't do anything except wipe what's using the battery in settings... it doesn't effect what percentage the phone reads for battery level.You can't wipe that.
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
If you like our work please consider
Donating towards
Phones and Site costs :D Thanks!!

#660 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm contradicting myself but oh well lol... The wipe stats that I made does the same as all the apps and stuff but, it doesn't do anything except wipe what's using the battery in settings... it doesn't effect what percentage the phone reads for battery level.You can't wipe that.

That is exactly what I use it for to clear out those battery logs so when I come back to that slot they start from square 1. The only way I figure to wipe the stats of the phone is a long and tedious process of killing the battery completely in the ROM then after it shuts down booting into stock recovery, 3 finger mambo, and let it sit on that screen until it shuts off. Then booting back into stock recovery again. Doing that process until the phone itself doesn't boot up into recovery anymore. Then giving it a good charge and not booting anything up until it is full. CLEAN.........

new_animated_sig.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users