Photo

[ROM][JB] FlyingJelly 1.1 by Team LiteSpeed (5/19)

• Please log in to reply
963 replies to this topic

#921 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Do you use a tool for building flashable zips, or just type them up? The way you mention "remove frame in add and delete but overlooked it in add" makes me think you're using a tool. Some Windows utility? Not too sure why I haven't bothered in looking at flashable zips yet, with all the small tweaks and mods I do on my own. 

I don't mean to hijack or derail this thread, feel free to pm me if you want.

#922 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

i use a blank theme shell zip..add the apks i want and then rewrite the script for the apks i used using notepad

#923 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Been running this ROM for about 2 weeks now, I'm really enjoying it.

Just wanted to stop by and give team litespeed my thanks.
After removing some apps and some personal tweaks, I haven't been interested in running anything else on my bionic. I hope you guys stick around while the bionic continues to fade away elsewhere

sent from a Bionic

• T3T3droid and B.E.McAllister like this

#924 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Been running this ROM for about 2 weeks now, I'm really enjoying it.

Just wanted to stop by and give team litespeed my thanks.
After removing some apps and some personal tweaks, I haven't been interested in running anything else on my bionic. I hope you guys stick around while the bionic continues to fade away elsewhere

And since we're thanking, not only an I thankful for this great ROM but I'd also like to thank you for helping fix my Wi-Fi issue with the Mac addresses. Thanks again

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• T3T3droid likes this

#925 dagalicic

dagalicic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

There were a few things I found while messing with this. I'll send you my notes in a few
-
You must turn wifi off, and run these commands as root in a terminal/adb shell.

These are the 3 nvs.bin files I found on my system. You can run the calibrator command on each to determine which is holding the MAC address that your system is reporting :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

/data/misc/wifi/firmware/wl12xx-nvs.bin
/system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl12xx-fac-nvs.bin
/system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl12xx-upd-nvs.bin

then to set it :

I then rebooted before turning wifi on, turned it on after boot, and checked in system settings. The file wl12xx-upd-nvs.bin was the one that held my current address on my system. The file wl12xx-nvs.bin held an old MAC address, one that sticks even between FXZ's in my experience (it had the shared ICS mac). The only way I found to reset the true MAC address before this, was to FXZ back to 905 GB, then back to the ICS leak I was running, though that's no longer possible.
sent from a Bionic

Hello all,

I am not a developer nor do I know much about the Android OS but I would like to give some feedback here, as I am enjoying this ROM and would love to load it on the girlfriends Bionic also.

I also have noticed a different MAC address on this ROM verses the stock ROM.

I am also test-driving the Eclipse v5.1 build 5 found here…

I believe they have figured out how to use the hardware MAX address. Their MAX address is the same as stock MAX address.

Again, I am not a developer of any ROM's. I just want to give some feedback. Hope this helps.

Go Team LiteSpeed - thanks to all involved great work well done!

#926 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

I believe the reason the MAC address is not affected in Eclipse (or any AOSP/kexec ROMs) is because this is a shared issue, due to shared base code used in blur ROMs.

It was explained to me that the ICS moto blur ROMs were built on top of the same forked code as each other, thus sharing this bug. If I'm correct, it's the same circumstance with the JB blur ROMs.

If I'm not correct, please feel free to let me know.

sent from a Bionic

#927 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

I believe the reason the MAC address is not affected in Eclipse (or any AOSP/kexec ROMs) is because this is a shared issue, due to shared base code used in blur ROMs.

It was explained to me that the ICS moto blur ROMs were built on top of the same forked code as each other, thus sharing this bug. If I'm correct, it's the same circumstance with the JB blur ROMs.

yeah the way i see it is when the original dioxided was made it was like a snapshot in time that everyone else built off of

#928 dagalicic

dagalicic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

so the question remains...can this be fixed or are we not able to have the same "ICS moto blur ROMs" on two Bionics on the same wifi?

#929 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

The manual fix I posted should fix the problem, per ROM you apply it on. B.E.McAllister was able to have both his Bionics on this FlyingJelly ROM at the same time on the same WiFi, after doing the fix on one.

The problem is that a router will basically become confused when two devices share the same MAC, constantly redeciding which device is leasing that particular IP address.

Giving one device/bionic a new/different MAC will solve the problem.

As far as reincorporating this "fix" back into custom BLUR ROMs goes, I can't comment on that. Surely it's possible, but it's likely it's not easy, or simply not a priority to the Dev.
It's such a one-off problem, I wouldn't see much purpose in fixing the issue.

I'm currently teaching my self app development. I'm sure I could write one up to apply the fix, or at least a front-end to a script. I'm not sure about putting in the market, but I could certainly post a link to the app and source in these forums.

sent from a Bionic

• T3T3droid and B.E.McAllister like this

#930 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

I haven't updated SS yet. Did we ever get a patch or whatever was needed to update the ROM to work with the new SS?

#931 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

I haven't updated SS yet. Did we ever get a patch or whatever was needed to update the ROM to work with the new SS?

I haven't tried this one yet but 3.60 let me flash Raging Bionic which was 3.11 only so I would think so.

Sent from my Bionic

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#932 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Is there a minimum size on the partition size?  Because I'be tried it in both slot 2 and slot 1, and did thorough wipes and it just hangs at the boot animation (and by hang I mean 20 minutes)...

#933 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Is there a minimum size on the partition size? Because I'be tried it in both slot 2 and slot 1, and did thorough wipes and it just hangs at the boot animation (and by hang I mean 20 minutes)...

Partition size doesn't matter. What are you running on your stock side does and which SS recovery you are running.

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

• uconnpat likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#934 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Partition size doesn't matter. What are you running on your stock side does and which SS recovery you are running.

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

I kind of thought that... I'm running 4.0.4 stock and ss3.11 in slot 3 I have liquid smooth which is 4.2.2 and I'm about to update my stock to Blur_Version.6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US but I'm a little nervous as I don't want to lose root and a pageplus flash

#935 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yeah in order to run this you will have to be on the Blur_Version.98.72.22.XT875 update to run the updated Blur ROMs. Don't know much about the PagePlus addition. You might need to research that first before taking the leap.

• uconnpat likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#936 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yeah in order to run this you will have to be on the Blur_Version.98.72.22.XT875 update to run the updated Blur ROMs. Don't know much about the PagePlus addition. You might need to research that first before taking the leap.

Thanks I am trying to update it now but yeah I think I'm gonna have fix the pageplus thing again... but I know for a fact that there is a guide to do that

#937 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

My signal just completely crapped out.  Tried rebooting a couple times with no effect.  Also got a SIM error message earlier too, but shutting down and pulling and replacing the SIM fixed that.  4G signal is fine on stock slot.  Gonna try reflashing the ROM in a few (after I get through the 33 app updates on stock side...).  Anyone else seeing this? Update: Cache wipe fixed it
  • T3T3droid likes this

#938 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

My signal just completely crapped out. Tried rebooting a couple times with no effect. Also got a SIM error message earlier too, but shutting down and pulling and replacing the SIM fixed that. 4G signal is fine on stock slot. Gonna try reflashing the ROM in a few (after I get through the 33 app updates on stock side...). Anyone else seeing this?Update: Cache wipe fixed it

That's why I keep auto update off on stock. If I have to pop over there for a second I don't want to wait for all the updates to lag like crazy.

Sent from my Bionic

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#939 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

So I've found the Bluetooth-freezing bug exists here as well.
I can't seem to escape it, though I'm not too interested in testing on a pure Stock ROM so I'm not sure if it's a device bug or Bionic bug.

I'm curious cause this bug follows me on AOSP ROMs as well as stock-based ROMs.

The bug/freeze happens randomly while using Bluetooth paired to my car radio. It may not happen during a days use, but I've found it tends to happen after about 4 songs sometimes (20~25 mins). The device freezes and will reboot after about 2 minutes, then all its fine (on AOSP ROMs I'd have to disable then re-enable the Bluetooth service, not just the toggle).

It seems to happen less often on this ROM, so I'm a bit of a happy user. Just wish I knew what the crap is going on here..

#940 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

After you ruining any type of over clock scripts or extra governors? The only reason I ask is I use a LG wireless headset that connects just the same audio and media. I have had the same issue only when the display times out when running extra governors. $3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users