Photo

[ROM][JB] FlyingJelly 1.1 by Team LiteSpeed (5/19)

• Please log in to reply
963 replies to this topic

#941 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

So I've found the Bluetooth-freezing bug exists here as well.
I can't seem to escape it, though I'm not too interested in testing on a pure Stock ROM so I'm not sure if it's a device bug or Bionic bug.

I'm curious cause this bug follows me on AOSP ROMs as well as stock-based ROMs.

The bug/freeze happens randomly while using Bluetooth paired to my car radio. It may not happen during a days use, but I've found it tends to happen after about 4 songs sometimes (20~25 mins). The device freezes and will reboot after about 2 minutes, then all its fine (on AOSP ROMs I'd have to disable then re-enable the Bluetooth service, not just the toggle).

It seems to happen less often on this ROM, so I'm a bit of a happy user. Just wish I knew what the crap is going on here..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I don't have a BT car but I do use my BlueAnt headset every day and I don't seem to have anything similar across Roms. I'd try paired to a headset and pair a different phone to the car to try to troubleshoot it.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 4

#942 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Nope, nothing really modified except that notification pull-down texture. It's happened with the screen off and on, in the middle of a song or right when changing the song. Nothing shows a pattern except the fact that it happens only while paired to the radio, and playing music for at least 20 mins or so. I wish I had another radio around to test on, I have no idea why but my gut is leaning toward the way the radio handles the network causing it.. Thanks for the help/questions. It's something I'll continually look into until the problem is no more, and of course I'll keep record of any helpful info. Eiht - That is an idea I'm entertaining, I plan on testing with other phones when I get a chance. Though I have a feeling I may not see the same results. I asked a friend of mine with a Bionic and a different car stereo and he said he doesn't have the same problem, as well as you. So it's narrowed down to my specific device, or the radio. We'll see.. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • Eiht likes this

#943 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I also have to point it out as well that I don't see this issue only when I ran this ROM. I have seen this issue on various ROMs, and including my Source build ProjectX. It could vary well be a used up piece of the Hardware going out also. I do use my headset all the time to listen to my music and talk..

• Eiht likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#944 jjkoolaid

jjkoolaid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Current Device(s):bionic

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

When is flyingjelly 1.goingsofastibreakthesoundbarrier going to come out?

Droid Bionic on, whatever I feel like at the moment.

#945 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

my used to be fav rom....ahhh the good ol days

#946 eanes_87

eanes_87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

While I do love this ROM, I'm only running it for acid audio at the moment. I can't get acid to install properly on my stock ROM, and I absolutely need it. I downloaded the correct zip file but it freezes my stock ROM on boot :/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#947 braum

braum

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, rzr max, infinity pad

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

This works with new safestrap 3.65

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

• chrisp6825 likes this

#948 Tattooz305

Tattooz305

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

Loaded this last night with SS 3.6. It hung for a while during the load and never finished so I pulled the battery and let it boot and poof, it is running fast and sweet again!!

• chrisp6825 likes this

#949 motorollin

motorollin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:52 AM

I recently broke my S4 and screwed it up worse trying to replace the screen. Didn't like the phone that much anyhow, too big. Anyway I fired up the ol Bionic and installed this ROM yesterday. I'm loving my Bionic again, thanks for the great work!

FYI if anyone has permissions issues installing the utility, make sure you're in MTP mode and not mass storage. It's slower and takes longer to find the phone, but it works.

• T3T3droid, jp1044 and B.E.McAllister like this

#950 jtskir222

jtskir222

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

im not so great at this stuff. but have been running flying jelly301 on my razor  android 412  syst 987216xt912 verizon for a year and really like it.

have not had any updates go through, 

my problem just started happening

if i turn it off or reboot the phone it will go back on in the stock rom.

i go back in safestrap and the slot 1 with the custom rom is gone...

i have to reload everything .

any clue how to correct it?

thanks

#951 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

You do realize you posted in the Bionic tread and not the RAZR tread right ?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

new_animated_sig.gif

#952 jtskir222

jtskir222

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:44 AM

lol  like i said new to this

thanks for the heads up

#953 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

No problem

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

new_animated_sig.gif

#954 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:13 AM

im not so great at this stuff. but have been running flying jelly301 on my razor android 412 syst 987216xt912 verizon for a year and really like it.
have not had any updates go through,
my problem just started happening
if i turn it off or reboot the phone it will go back on in the stock rom.
i go back in safestrap and the slot 1 with the custom rom is gone...
i have to reload everything .
any clue how to correct it?
thanks

If you're running cleansweep, tell it that the safestrap files are NOT junk. That's the most common cause of this.

Taped from my Moto X Dev

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#955 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:22 AM

If you're running cleansweep, tell it that the safestrap files are NOT junk. That's the most common cause of this.

Taped from my Moto X Dev

A 3rd party app will not fix this issue sorry. Flying Jelly is setup to run in both stock slot and created slot. There is a binary file that is not in there just so that it can do such that. If that binary file was added one will not be able to boot it into stock slot. Safestrap is just getting confused on which system image to load up and will default to the stock slot in this case.... You will notice that the data partitions and cache are not effected so the data apps that were loaded on FJ and not stock will show up in that slot.

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#956 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:22 AM

Duplicate post sorry...

new_animated_sig.gif

#957 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:23 AM

You should say something creative other than just "double post sorry." Like, "where's my build for the G2 by the way?" Or, "The cats in the cradle with the stinker doo"

Sent from my S-Offed One M8

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#958 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

A 3rd party app will not fix this issue sorry. Flying Jelly is setup to run in both stock slot and created slot. There is a binary file that is not in there just so that it can do such that. If that binary file was added one will not be able to boot it into stock slot. Safestrap is just getting confused on which system image to load up and will default to the stock slot in this case.... You will notice that the data partitions and cache are not effected so the data apps that were loaded on FJ and not stock will show up in that slot.

Sent from my VS980 4G

Not saying cleansweep will fix it, I'm saying it CAUSED it. If it's allowed to clean on boot with the options at default, it will erase the files in the safestrap directory. Look thru some of the other threads and you'll find reference to it.

Taped from my Moto X Dev

#959 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

OK so clean sweep is clearing out what it thinks is in wanted files off of internal storage? Never heard of a app doing that before, but there is always a first for anything I guess.

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#960 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

OK so clean sweep is clearing out what it thinks is in wanted files off of internal storage? Never heard of a app doing that before, but there is always a first for anything I guess.

Sent from my VS980 4G

Yep. One of the options is to remove large files, and the safestrap directory is the prime candidate. You have to tell it to ignore them or bye bye slots. Lucky I never let it run by itself. I like to know what's being removed from my phone.

Taped from my Moto X Dev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users