noobiest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@caseyegger
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Nexus CMDA, Fascinate

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Anyone else having trouble with the voice dialer app? Doesn't seem to want to initiate. I'm on the 6/21 build.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

I had some issues with voice stuff until I updated Google now.
  • jrock likes this

#522 jrock

jrock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

I have the latest google voice search update and still a no-go, and my google voice keyboard doesn't work either.  

#523 noobiest

noobiest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

I have the latest google voice search update and still a no-go, and my google voice keyboard doesn't work either.

Right, but what about Google search (now)?

#524 jcorrea86

jcorrea86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD xt926

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Right, but what about Google search (now)?

I'm all updated but still can't get voice search to work. Even tried fixing permissions, no luck

#525 noobiest

noobiest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm all updated but still can't get voice search to work. Even tried fixing permissions, no luck

Yeah, I've been reading around and it seems that everyone is having issues with voice function on the 6/21 builds. Sorry man

#526 cj360

cj360

• Superuser
  • 85 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for this! But I did notice three things, when the navbar is hidden, the bottom most section of the screen where the navbar was seems to b un-resonsive in apollo and other apps. As well as the tile setting doesn't work, the statusbar tiles are invisible when its enabed. And the lockscreen setting for music volume controls doesn't stick, it un-checks everytime I leave the menu for it.

But besides my whining thanks for the hard work really!

#527 Buttholio

Buttholio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for this! But I did notice three things, when the navbar is hidden, the bottom most section of the screen where the navbar was seems to b un-resonsive in apollo and other apps. As well as the tile setting doesn't work, the statusbar tiles are invisible when its enabed. And the lockscreen setting for music volume controls doesn't stick, it un-checks everytime I leave the menu for it.

But besides my whining thanks for the hard work really!

While we are on the topic...

I noticed when expanded desktop is enabled for status bar hidden, both nav bar and status bar hide.

#528 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Anyone else having trouble with the voice dialer app? Doesn't seem to want to initiate. I'm on the 6/21 build.

I've got a patch for that

EDIT: I'll upload the latest device patches, including perm blue screen fixes, tomorrow in a new build.

EDIT 2: Uploaded.

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• cutch7, thewahlrus, localceleb and 1 other like this

#529 truedis

truedis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

For some reason my Verizon Razr HD on Xenon keeps switching to GSM/CDMA auto rather than LTE/CDMA auto in the *#*#4636#*#* menu on this ROM. Never had this issue before. LTE toggle doesn't fix it.

#530 victoryred

victoryred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx, maxx hd, samsung galaxy tab 2

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Having trouble connecting to wifi networks, it will go through the steps to connect.. Authenticating, obtaining IP address, then it times out and says avoided poor internet connection, although the signal strength is excellent, i've tried resetting my router, toggling wifi off/on but nothing seems to work. It does this on all wifi networks, not just my home wifi.

#531 bonepiler

bonepiler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

GPS just never gets a lock. Otherwise everything else is good. I'm using the 6/23 build.

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

#532 PowerTap

PowerTap

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

I continue to get random reboots while using this ROM.  They occur with no apparent reason including, in the middle of calls and when the device is sitting apparently unused (I'm sure there is something going on in the background).

I don't see anyone else posting the problem so I assume that I've done something wrong.  I did the following to install the ROM.

1. Downloaded from the OP, verified the MD5 sum.
  2. Downloaded gapps
  3. Moved all files to the sdcard via Android File Transfer
  4. Rebooted into TWRP.
  5. Backed up my current ROM
  6. Executed a factory reset wipe
  7. Installed ROM and gapps
  8. Wiped Dalvik cache for good measure
  9. Reboot and configure OS.'

If anyone can give me pointers on setup or some guidance on where to find more details on why I'm crashing that would be great.  

Thanks.

#533 InvaderDJ

InvaderDJ

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Just an FYI to anyone having issues with auto-rotate, in order to get it working (no matter what launcher or app you're using) you have to enable auto rotate in the Onager launcher settings. Once you do that you can set any other launcher as your default and everything will work as normal.  Not sure why that is this is the only ROM I can remember having to do this on and I've used a lot of ROMs on a lot of different phones.

So far the 6/23 build seems to be working great, no blue flashes and no hiccups in the 15min I've spent with it so far. I'm still setting everything up of course, and then after that comes the real test, but so far so good.

EDIT 6/25: Well, scratch that. I rebooted to make a Nandroid backup and when my phone booted back up auto rotate was messed up again.

I've made sure auto rotate is enabled via the Quick Settings toggles, I enabled auto rotate (rather than default) in Nova Launcher, I cleared my defaults and data for Nova and Onager, went back to Onager launcher and made sure auto rotate was enabled in it (it was), tried another reboot, and then even uninstalled and reinstalled Nova with no luck (although weirdly if I went to Apps in Settings it only gave me the option to force close Nova Launcher, uninstall or disable was grayed out, I had to uninstall through Play Store).

I'm pretty sure it isn't my phone since on stock 4.1.2 it works fine, but I could be missing something. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#534 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

Just an FYI to anyone having issues with auto-rotate, in order to get it working (no matter what launcher or app you're using) you have to enable auto rotate in the Onager launcher settings. Once you do that you can set any other launcher as your default and everything will work as normal.  Not sure why that is this is the only ROM I can remember having to do this on and I've used a lot of ROMs on a lot of different phones.

So far the 6/23 build seems to be working great, no blue flashes and no hiccups in the 15min I've spent with it so far. I'm still setting everything up of course, and then after that comes the real test, but so far so good.

EDIT 6/25: Well, scratch that. I rebooted to make a Nandroid backup and when my phone booted back up auto rotate was messed up again.

I've made sure auto rotate is enabled via the Quick Settings toggles, I enabled auto rotate (rather than default) in Nova Launcher, I cleared my defaults and data for Nova and Onager, went back to Onager launcher and made sure auto rotate was enabled in it (it was), tried another reboot, and then even uninstalled and reinstalled Nova with no luck (although weirdly if I went to Apps in Settings it only gave me the option to force close Nova Launcher, uninstall or disable was grayed out, I had to uninstall through Play Store).

I'm pretty sure it isn't my phone since on stock 4.1.2 it works fine, but I could be missing something. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Clear cache and dalvik and reboot. it's a problem some are having with sensors. No idea how it happens or why....

#535 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

I continue to get random reboots while using this ROM.  They occur with no apparent reason including, in the middle of calls and when the device is sitting apparently unused (I'm sure there is something going on in the background).

I don't see anyone else posting the problem so I assume that I've done something wrong.  I did the following to install the ROM.

2. Downloaded gapps
  4. Rebooted into TWRP.

If anyone can give me pointers on setup or some guidance on where to find more details on why I'm crashing that would be great.  

Thanks.

Send along a logcat and/or last_kmesg after one of these reboots and I'll try and help.

#536 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

2. Downloaded gapps
  4. Rebooted into TWRP.

Thanks.

I updated to the newest version and was having some weird stuff going on, terrible graphics performance on simple games, etc.  Decided to do a from scratch install.  I edited your list to what I do.  Not sure if it makes a difference, but so far I'm see no issues and everything works.

2. Downloaded gapps
  4. Rebooted into TWRP.
  7. THEN CLICK ON ADVANCE WIPE, WIPE DALVIK
  8. THEN WIPE CACHE
  9. THEN WIPE SYSTEM
  10. THEN WIPE DATA (I DON'T THINK THE ORDER MATTERS, BUT I DO ALL FOUR, ONE AT A TIME)
  11. MOUNT SYSTEM (NOT SURE IF THIS IS A LEFTOVER, DON'T CARE, I DO IT)
  12. Installed ROM
  13. THEN INSTALL gapps
  14. Wiped Dalvik cache for good measure (I DON'T DO THIS)
  15. Reboot and configure OS.'

Hope this helps.

Proud father of a US Marine

#537 cj360

cj360

• Superuser
  • 85 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

I've read on here and xda that razr hd should mount system before flashing a rom, yet on xda I saw a post saying you shouldn't have to and never have myself on this or the other roms I've flashed. I thought twrp did it for you or is wasn't needed, either way I'm not sure lol.

#538 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I've read on here and xda that razr hd should mount system before flashing a rom, yet on xda I saw a post saying you shouldn't have to and never have myself on this or the other roms I've flashed. I thought twrp did it for you or is wasn't needed, either way I'm not sure lol.

Mounting was for older roms from the safestrap era. Now there should be a script to do it in the rom. Doing it won't hurt anything but not doing it if you need to will not install the rom. So it depends on the rom. We should eventually get away from having to do it.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#539 InvaderDJ

InvaderDJ

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Clear cache and dalvik and reboot. it's a problem some are having with sensors. No idea how it happens or why....

Thanks that did it. Such a weird bug...

But anyway so far so good, I've got everything set up the way I normally do and now I'm just testing for stability.

• vnvjeep likes this

#540 vnvjeep

vnvjeep

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

You may find that if you reboot normally, or just shutdown and reboot, that the sensors will be gone again. If this happens, you know what to do... ;-)

tester.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users