867 replies to this topic

#541 runinpoop

runinpoop

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Onager keeps crashing even when I reboot my phone, this is very annoying because I found the only way to fix this is to clear the onager data, which means I have to set everything back up. Is there another way around this?

#542 localceleb

localceleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Onager keeps crashing even when I reboot my phone, this is very annoying because I found the only way to fix this is to clear the onager data, which means I have to set everything back up. Is there another way around this?

If that's the only app giving you issues I would try Nova Launcher. It has a lot more options and is faster IMO.
Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

• pcarenza likes this

#543 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

This is a very good rom. Everything is smooth and fluid.
  • pcarenza likes this

#544 runinpoop

runinpoop

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

If that's the only app giving you issues I would try Nova Launcher. It has a lot more options and is faster IMO.

Right after I posted that, I tried Nova (that's what I was running before). Thanks a lot for the response though!

Also, is there any way to change the look of the stock messaging app? 

#545 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Right after I posted that, I tried Nova (that's what I was running before). Thanks a lot for the response though!

We're considering making changes to the messaging app in the future... thanks!

#546 localceleb

localceleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

What changes do you want to make?

#547 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Anyone using the permission settings? I've noticed two things, if the permissions settings app force closes when you block a permission, you can almost guarantee the app will not work until you unblock it. Also if you block receive boot complete, your phone will not start-up on next reboot. At least that is how my experience has gone. A tip also, instead of blocking WiFi and network state permissions, which tends to cause app force closes, just block full internet access and send/receive data permissions. Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

#548 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

New version of Xenon HD is up. Direct download: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you have issues downloading using this link please use our mediafire mirror at the second post.

We are extremely excited about this release!

• Devilalwayscries and Anon5978 like this

#549 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx hd, og droid razr

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

I am running 6/18 should I wipe everything clean and start over?

#550 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

no need... a cache and dalvik wipe should be all that's needed.

#551 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Enjoying the new ROM right now. Hybrid settings are a nice touch.
  • pcarenza likes this

#552 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

#553 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Ok, about ready to scream.

I tried three other ROMS and when installed, adblocker did not work.  I used the screen shortcut trip to find / apply adblocker, it loads fine I think, but did not work.  Ads still pop up.

I always came back to XHD.  NOW, that I updated with this new version of XHD, it too will not load app adblocker - so I did the short cut trick.  And now adblocker does not work.

What am I doing wrong?  All these updates are great, new roms, all that stuff - but I don't like ads slowing down my games, and other apps.

Proud father of a US Marine

#554 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Actually there is one question I do have when I play my music most of the time my music will stop playing till I turn the screen back on then it will start playing again.... Its not really an issue however just wondering if there is a way to make it play without pressing power button

#555 cj360

cj360

• Superuser
  • 85 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

I tried three other ROMS and when installed, adblocker did not work. I used the screen shortcut trip to find / apply adblocker, it loads fine I think, but did not work. Ads still pop up.

I always came back to XHD. NOW, that I updated with this new version of XHD, it too will not load app adblocker - so I did the short cut trick. And now adblocker does not work.

What am I doing wrong? All these updates are great, new roms, all that stuff - but I don't like ads slowing down my games, and other apps.

You could try adaway from f-droid its another ad blocker and I've had no issues with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• newskate9 likes this

#556 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

You could try adaway from f-droid its another ad blocker and I've had no issues with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Trying it....... seems to be working!  I'll try on the other ROMs too.  Thank you!

• Gytole likes this

Proud father of a US Marine

#557 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

I tried three other ROMS and when installed, adblocker did not work.  I used the screen shortcut trip to find / apply adblocker, it loads fine I think, but did not work.  Ads still pop up.

I always came back to XHD.  NOW, that I updated with this new version of XHD, it too will not load app adblocker - so I did the short cut trick.  And now adblocker does not work.

What am I doing wrong?  All these updates are great, new roms, all that stuff - but I don't like ads slowing down my games, and other apps.

All adblocker is essentially is a hosts file cramming all the ad sites into one big list under 127.0.0.1.... grab the /etc/hosts file from adblocker and put it in your etc and you should be fine.

#558 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Actually there is one question I do have when I play my music most of the time my music will stop playing till I turn the screen back on then it will start playing again.... Its not really an issue however just wondering if there is a way to make it play without pressing power button

Check your power settings... if possible use a battery manager like juicedefender to specify which programs to keep on while your phone is locked. 

#559 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

WWW.securemecca.com
Download the Unix hosts file. You may want to edit the file and unblock a couple of things. HHH is a more paranoid than I am, although I agree with his reasoning on 99% of the sites blocked. His blocking list is more than 10 times the size of any other I have seen. I've been using it on all of my devices, desktop and laptops included for 4+ years now. He also provides proxy files that will block more than 10 times as many websites as the hosts list does, but I have not found a way to utilize it on Android without forcing my phone to contact my PC every time it tries to access the internet.

Please note, his hosts file is designed to work with his PAC filter and has had things removed from the hosts file because the proxy access filter would catch it.

---------------
Posted using Tapatalk 2, from my 16GB Nook Tablet running Jelly Bean 4.1.2 AOKP CM 10.1 12-28-2013 Succlent/Acclaim build with 10 finger multi touch.

#560 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

I am using tasker and I am receiving an error in tasker. Not all the time but from time to time when a profile goes active.

error: code 3: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: broadcast from android asks to run as user -1 but is calling from user 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL or android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS.

I have done some research and it seems that this error was also on the Cyanogenmod roms, but custom roms seems to have issues with tasker with that same error. I have found this 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I dont know if that will be of any help, seems an issue with wifi.

Also is there a way, under the LED settings, to have a missed call notification LED?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users