867 replies to this topic

#641 Action123

Action123

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Anyone else having trouble with lte on xt926? Connecting to 3G fine, but LTE will not work. Any ideas?

#642 PuckMercury

PuckMercury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Anyone else having trouble with lte on xt926? Connecting to 3G fine, but LTE will not work. Any ideas?

almost certainly need to do the *#*#4696#*#* -> phone settings and select the baseband.

At one time the proper band was selectable in the mobile data settings, any idea anyone why/how this is no longer the case and how to permanently restore it w/o resorting to the service menu?

• Action123 likes this

#643 Action123

Action123

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

almost certainly need to do the *#*#4696#*#* -> phone settings and select the baseband.

At one time the proper band was selectable in the mobile data settings, any idea anyone why/how this is no longer the case and how to permanently restore it w/o resorting to the service menu?

It worked! Thank you PuckMercury. It was set weirdly, ended up switching it to CDMA/GSM/LTE and I've got my 4G back. By the way, it's *#*#4636#*#* - a quick search helped my agony :)

#644 PuckMercury

PuckMercury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Sorry about that typo! Glad you got it sorted in spite of that.

EDIT: pcaranza, to be clear on the gallery observation, that was only the case pre TiBu restore.  Every time I've done a restore all my media is in the gallery app no problem, it was just the raw flash w/o any account associated that I saw the phenomena of not seeing my media in the gallery app.  Just wanted to be clear so you have accurate data.

Let me know if I can provide anything further such as the dmesg/kmsg dump though I'll need a link or instructions on that one.

#645 ccelii22

ccelii22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

This has been the worst experience ever... Maybe someone can explain to me how to prevent at least one of the many issues I have had since downloading this rom. I have had to rest my phone over 8 times and the past 5 days. I continue to lose my data and don't even dare use Titanium Backup anymore since each time I did that it took t-minus 2 minutes until my phone automatically started to reboot itself.

The phone worked semi-well for about a day and a half until about 10 minutes ago. I have gotten the error before, but this time it wouldn't go away, and it came at a time when I had a 9 o clock conference call, which I now cannot be on because I had to restart my phone and wipe data in recovery to get the Onager Launcher has stopped error. What is that???? Why does it show up all the time in the play store???? How do you prevent this from happening????

The other thing was that google search would not work. Whenever I tried (or accidentally hit) the microphone in texts or to google search online, the phone would turn off and reboot..... ?????

I can't figure out how to get the phone to vibrate when you hit the keyboard for texting/searching?

com.android.phone error has come up and frozen my entire phone, even upon reboot (??).

Most of all, I haven't been able to go more than a day or two without either the phone restarting itself, or having to restore and/or wipe everything because its all f**ked up.. Any insight would be much appreciate... Time to go restart again.

#646 chris420o

chris420o

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

This has been the worst experience ever... Maybe someone can explain to me how to prevent at least one of the many issues I have had since downloading this rom. I have had to rest my phone over 8 times and the past 5 days. I continue to lose my data and don't even dare use Titanium Backup anymore since each time I did that it took t-minus 2 minutes until my phone automatically started to reboot itself.

The phone worked semi-well for about a day and a half until about 10 minutes ago. I have gotten the error before, but this time it wouldn't go away, and it came at a time when I had a 9 o clock conference call, which I now cannot be on because I had to restart my phone and wipe data in recovery to get the Onager Launcher has stopped error. What is that???? Why does it show up all the time in the play store???? How do you prevent this from happening????

The other thing was that google search would not work. Whenever I tried (or accidentally hit) the microphone in texts or to google search online, the phone would turn off and reboot..... ?????

I can't figure out how to get the phone to vibrate when you hit the keyboard for texting/searching?

com.android.phone error has come up and frozen my entire phone, even upon reboot (??).

Most of all, I haven't been able to go more than a day or two without either the phone restarting itself, or having to restore and/or wipe everything because its all f**ked up.. Any insight would be much appreciate... Time to go restart again.

wow...ive had nothing but a pleasant experience with this rom first 4.2.2 rom i flashed..my advice is do a full wipe data/cache/dalvic/format system...like 3x each...then flash the newest build fresh with gapps and then redownload your apps n only restore data for the few apps you need it...my only issues ive had(which are kinda killing me) is the video playback issue with instagram and snapchat....other then that the only other issue ive really had was when i go to open my camera 1/2 the time it loads black and i have to switch it to like video n back n then it works or i have to close n open a few times...been a lil annoying when i was out with friends n one my girls kept wanting to take pics....honestly other then that(new update fixed the gps notification bug it seems) ive had no real issues this roms been gorgeous i feel im on my gnex(with better hardware of course) its quite pleasant...patiently waiting for those few fixes and hopefully the camera app updated to the new one from play devices

and pcarenza just want to thank you i do plan to donate when i get paid because you have been nothing short of a gentleman in these forums on top your game very appreciated 

OG Droid, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Galaxy Nexus...Evolved into a Droid Razr HD

I don't even smoke

#647 ccelii22

ccelii22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

There is also nowhere for me to edit my contacts once they are added to my contacts list. There is no easy way to add a contact when they send a text so I have to manually do it.

#648 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Houston, we have a fix for the video issue! I'm going to build it in a moment after I merge the changes... expect an upload and link by the end of today.

It will also be posted to OTA.

• sunny757 likes this

#649 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Question one. Before you switched to this rom, did you do a factory reset, and wipe cache, dalvik, and system?

Question two: did you install a compatible gapps?

Question three (dare I ask): is your bootloader unlocked?

These are questions you need to ask yourself before you install any rom. Repeated force closes in different apps indicate to me one of the two above scenarios happened to you.

I promise you, if you've met all three criteria and you send over some logs, I'll work hard to resolve your issues or at least point you in the right direction. But from experience, particularly with Onager issues, 99% of those issues happen because of a dirty install over another ROM. 

Having said that, once you get yourself to a stable Xenon build, you should be able to dirty flash without much problem. 

wow...ive had nothing but a pleasant experience with this rom first 4.2.2 rom i flashed..my advice is do a full wipe data/cache/dalvic/format system...like 3x each...then flash the newest build fresh with gapps and then redownload your apps n only restore data for the few apps you need it...my only issues ive had(which are kinda killing me) is the video playback issue with instagram and snapchat....other then that the only other issue ive really had was when i go to open my camera 1/2 the time it loads black and i have to switch it to like video n back n then it works or i have to close n open a few times...been a lil annoying when i was out with friends n one my girls kept wanting to take pics....honestly other then that(new update fixed the gps notification bug it seems) ive had no real issues this roms been gorgeous i feel im on my gnex(with better hardware of course) its quite pleasant...patiently waiting for those few fixes and hopefully the camera app updated to the new one from play devices

and pcarenza just want to thank you i do plan to donate when i get paid because you have been nothing short of a gentleman in these forums on top your game very appreciated 

Thank you sir and you'll be pleased to find out I've patched the video issue as well!

#650 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Update has been pushed to OTA. Those of you who check your OTA Updater should receive it.

Hard link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This should fix video and audio playback problems (Instagram video, gallery, etc)

• RayLovesick likes this

#651 PuckMercury

PuckMercury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Update has been pushed to OTA. Those of you who check your OTA Updater should receive it.

Hard link:

This should fix video and audio playback problems (Instagram video, gallery, etc)

2 things, 1- what was the issue out of curiosity, 2- did the logcats/anecdotal evidence help?

EDIT: OH, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! :)

#652 chris420o

chris420o

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hard link:

just flash was ecstatic when i saw this....but didnt resolve the issue still no playback on snapchat or instagram....anyone else confirm it worked for them?

I don't even smoke

#653 PuckMercury

PuckMercury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Dirty flash didn't work initially but ran fix permissions in Rom manager and again from adb and it works perfect now

#654 msassounian

msassounian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

just flash was ecstatic when i saw this....but didnt resolve the issue still no playback on snapchat or instagram....anyone else confirm it worked for them?

yeah...just flashed and still no playback...

#655 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

2 things, 1- what was the issue out of curiosity, 2- did the logcats/anecdotal evidence help?

EDIT: OH, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! :)

The issue was incomplete configuration for tunnel audio compression - I had to remove the rest of it (tunnel audio is causing a hard reboot on bluetooth audio).

And the logcats helped VERY much - they helped pinpoint the cause of the problem.

To everyone else: in recovery, select "Fix Permissions" and hopefully that will fix you up.

• truedis likes this

#656 msassounian

msassounian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

fixed permissions and rebooted and still the same issue.  can't play a video out of my gallery.....

was i supposed to wipe any cache or anything or just fix permissions and reboot.  (sorry...new to this).

Thanks so much for your hard work by the way.  you're incredible.

#657 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

fixed permissions and rebooted and still the same issue.  can't play a video out of my gallery.....

was i supposed to wipe any cache or anything or just fix permissions and reboot.  (sorry...new to this).

Thanks so much for your hard work by the way.  you're incredible.

It wouldn't hurt to wipe dalvik and cache.

#658 chris420o

chris420o

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

I did fix permission in recovery (using wyn or w.e the touch recovery) stillno dice :-\

I don't even smoke

#659 msassounian

msassounian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

just went back cleared my cache and dalvik, fixed permissions, and still no playback...

#660 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

OK... let me see what else I can do. This is one of a dev's worst nightmares --- some devices work, some don't. What's the deciding factor?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users