#321 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Well, DHacker tweeted an Ubuntu build and TWRP 2.6 was released, with Matt posting an experimental version on XDA.  Things are coming alive.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#322 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

Well, DHacker tweeted an Ubuntu build and TWRP 2.6 was released, with Matt posting an experimental version on XDA. Things are coming alive.

Ubuntu for the m?

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#323 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Yep, for the HD too.  Give me a sec and I'll look it up...

edit:  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• neckchop likes this

#324 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Yep, for the HD too. Give me a sec and I'll look it up...

edit:

Just saw that... Gonna take a look at the source and see what I can build out of it... :ph34r:

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#325 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

man, the love for the M is incredible now.

having a tough time deciding which new ROM to try next.  I've already tried PACMan, Carbon, Slim, AOKP, and I need to give Orion another shot..... Miui is not to my liking....

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#326 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

I am downloading and about to flash the Ubuntu touch preview... It doesn't have cdma yet but I am too much of a crackflasher to not try! Will let you know how it goes.

PDbEXCr.png

#327 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

man, the love for the M is incredible now.

having a tough time deciding which new ROM to try next.  I've already tried PACMan, Carbon, Slim, AOKP, and I need to give Orion another shot..... Miui is not to my liking....

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of MIUI, but it is something different.  I've settled into Slim.  Really, all the AOSP ROMs are pretty similar.  I like the fact the MIUI is different, but I'm definitely looking forward to Ubuntu becoming stable. 

I am downloading and about to flash the Ubuntu touch preview... It doesn't have cdma yet but I am too much of a crackflasher to not try! Will let you know how it goes.

You should post some screen shots, there's not a lot of those running around. ;)  This will probably be the next one that I flash, once it's fully working. 

• timpohladthomas and jco23 like this

#328 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of MIUI, but it is something different. I've settled into Slim. Really, all the AOSP ROMs are pretty similar. I like the fact the MIUI is different, but I'm definitely looking forward to Ubuntu becoming stable.
You should post some screen shots, there's not a lot of those running around. ;) This will probably be the next one that I flash, once it's fully working.

Will do... Waiting for the download and my phone to charge a little higher than 9 percent and then I will flash it. :D

PDbEXCr.png

#329 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Well, I flashed it... It booted and ran fine.. However, I could not take Screenshots... Ha... Didn't know how... But If you are a crackflasher and wanna try something different... This is it. ;)
  • neckchop and RikRong like this

PDbEXCr.png

#330 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Well, I flashed it... It booted and ran fine.. However, I could not take Screenshots... Ha... Didn't know how... But If you are a crackflasher and wanna try something different... This is it. ;)

Yeah, I've run through everything out there, and starting to get a little bored. ;) I'll have to flash this and check it out. I'm half tempted to run MIUI, just because it's something different.

edit:  Batakang has flashable zip for TWRP 2.6.0.0.

• jco23 and aviwdoowks like this

#331 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

Seems there is no Interest in using this for stock based roms OR "porting" it to a CM based rom?

I would like to get this to work for Miui.

Feed back Please?

#332 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, I've run through everything out there, and starting to get a little bored. ;) I'll have to flash this and check it out. I'm half tempted to run MIUI, just because it's something different.

edit: Batakang has flashable zip for TWRP 2.6.0.0.

Hey man, I couldn't find the flashable zip on there... I need it for a buddy... Got a link?

PDbEXCr.png

#333 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

• RikRong likes this

#334 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Thanks man

PDbEXCr.png

#335 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

Well, I decided to try out something new.  I restored a backup of AOKP to look at the camera app.  Well, when I went back to restore Slim, I did my normal wipes, but I decided to throw in "format data" this time.  I was scared, as I've never done this before.  What's the worst that can happen, I have an unlocked bootloader after all.  If things went south, all I would need to do is RSD/fastboot back.  Well, it went fine.  OS was pretty laggy at first and I had to reset my ring tones, but everything is good, so far. I think I might add this option every time I flash a new ROM from scratch.  Why?  Well, I went from about 2.2gb available in internal, to 4.13gb available.  I really hope this didn't jack anything up, but it doesn't appear anything happened. 

• neckchop likes this

#336 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Well, I decided to try out something new.  I restored a backup of AOKP to look at the camera app.  Well, when I went back to restore Slim, I did my normal wipes, but I decided to throw in "format data" this time.  I was scared, as I've never done this before.  What's the worst that can happen, I have an unlocked bootloader after all.  If things went south, all I would need to do is RSD/fastboot back.  Well, it went fine.  OS was pretty laggy at first and I had to reset my ring tones, but everything is good, so far. I think I might add this option every time I flash a new ROM from scratch.  Why?  Well, I went from about 2.2gb available in internal, to 4.13gb available.  I really hope this didn't jack anything up, but it doesn't appear anything happened. 

I've noticed that a wipe of internal storage has the same affect.  but be careful, as this would clear out your saved pics/vids and TiBu backup folder unless you set them to external directory beforehand.

• neckchop likes this

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#337 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I've noticed that a wipe of internal storage has the same affect.  but be careful, as this would clear out your saved pics/vids and TiBu backup folder unless you set them to external directory beforehand.

Yeah, I save all my pics and backups to external and I don't back anything up in TiBU.  Thanks for the heads up, though.

• neckchop likes this

#338 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Ivano-Frankivs`k
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M XT907 / Motorola Razr I XT890

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

you can find DHackers official 

for XT907

Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / ROM: KitStalk by GraberRoms

post-103018-0-11429500-1388984908_thumb.

#339 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

you can find DHackers official

for XT907

I am assuming the latest gapps will work?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#340 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Ivano-Frankivs`k
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M XT907 / Motorola Razr I XT890

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

I am assuming the latest gapps will work?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I use

- it works nice.

P.S. Someone have FC of system.ui on Liquid. I have it just one time and it's not repeated

Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / ROM: KitStalk by GraberRoms

post-103018-0-11429500-1388984908_thumb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users