#42 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

Another thing I found interesting was the Xoom 3G/4G. According to that sheet, the file size is something like 106MB. How would an update for that tablet be so much smaller than the update for the Motorola Razr?
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#43 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

The link says that the update size is 341 mb, the leaked update was 458 mb.. Looks to me that they've made changes. Unless all they did was compress the update. assuming of course that this link is accurate.

I'm sure there's been pleany more updates since the leak, bug fixes, etc. I've flashed pretty much everything for the RAZR so far and i've settled on GB. i can wait a few weeks for an official OTA.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#44 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

The link says that the update size is 341 mb, the leaked update was 458 mb.. Looks to me that they've made changes. Unless all they did was compress the update. assuming of course that this link is accurate.

It's possible that some fixes were in the 181 update, and also that eliminates other fixes, resulting in a twofold decrease in update size. It's likely that they optimized the kernel and pngs as well as minified and optimized whatever they could.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
[ sent from _base2 ]

#45 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationIn the Sac of CA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

if ICS is coming out this soon, what was the point of the .181 update?

#46 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Perhaps just to slim down the ICS update pkg. Just a guess

[ sent from _base2 ]

#47 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Maybe Moto chargers verizon for each update. Doesnt hurt to make more money :lol:

#48 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

To better prepare our phones for the ICS update.

#49 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

This makes sense as I remember seeing sometime ago the Motorola release schedule had Q2 for ICS update on the Razr, which would put it by end of June at latest. So an end of May release is pretty realistic.

#50 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I also beleive in May release too. You never know, we might get our hands on another leak before then. I rememer the days with Thunderbolt. Leaks used to be released so we would test out the leaks and our community developers make the repairs......... :lol:

#51 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

I wonder if the soak tests have begun yet

No it hasn't.

#52 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Soaks haven't started yet. Internal testing has.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#53 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

My guess is that Motorola wanted to fix up a few more things with GB on the RAZR before moving on to ICS. Not a bad thing really but yeah... kinda pointless releasing it now given that ICS is around the corner.

#54 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

My guess is that Motorola wanted to fix up a few more things with GB on the RAZR before moving on to ICS. Not a bad thing really but yeah... kinda pointless releasing it now given that ICS is around the corner.

ICS isn't completely done yet so they're obligated to keep up with GB. Especially security issues.
  • DemoManMLS likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#55 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

ICS isn't completely done yet so they're obligated to keep up with GB. Especially security issues.

That is true about security issues. I won't complain much about fixing those up.

#56 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

And now you see why I said what I did about "the app" the other day, haha. Glad to see they're still working on it, but the issues with fastbooting and such prove it still needs some work. I'm thankful I didn't try to flash it before I saw the issues people were having, and end up stuck myself. I've been on .75 with the Complex script and some extra tweaks of my own for several weeks now and been quite happy over all. I like to flash whenever there's something better out there, but I'm not exactly a crackflasher so once I have something I'm happy with and is stable and functional I'll stay on it until I know there's something better. There's a few issues and its still not buttery smooth, but it works great for me. If this is true that we'll get official ICS this soon, I'm willing to wait a few more weeks rather than risking going off the upgrade path. I'm just ready to get fully functional and smooth stock ICS, and hopefully a good and fully functional AOSP port at some point thereafter (Axiom AOKP has been my favorite so far).

Good luck to all who have flashed the brand new leak, hopefully a workaround can be found for y'all. I sure hope this wasn't intentional by Moto, but I doubt we'll ever know. For the rest of us, now we wait and see.

#57 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

And now you see why I said what I did about "the app" the other day, haha. Glad to see they're still working on it, but the issues with fastbooting and such prove it still needs some work. I'm thankful I didn't try to flash it before I saw the issues people were having, and end up stuck myself. I've been on .75 with the Complex script and some extra tweaks of my own for several weeks now and been quite happy over all. I like to flash whenever there's something better out there, but I'm not exactly a crackflasher so once I have something I'm happy with and is stable and functional I'll stay on it until I know there's something better. There's a few issues and its still not buttery smooth, but it works great for me. If this is true that we'll get official ICS this soon, I'm willing to wait a few more weeks rather than risking going off the upgrade path. I'm just ready to get fully functional and smooth stock ICS, and hopefully a good and fully functional AOSP port at some point thereafter (Axiom AOKP has been my favorite so far).

Good luck to all who have flashed the brand new leak, hopefully a workaround can be found for y'all. I sure hope this wasn't intentional by Moto, but I doubt we'll ever know. For the rest of us, now we wait and see.

I am on the same build as you. I like it but only bugs I have are that I get random force closes and sometimes my phone will freeze for a second or be slow then come out of it and its fine. Not sure if I may frozen something or unistalled something that would do it. I did make backups of what I unistalled. I try to learn how to tweak my phone but have not found much luck. But the other I will leave to the pros and let it be out for a week to two week's before I flash it. Still like to know all what I can do with SQLITE editor other then wifi lol. I do thank everyone for the risk in testing to make is so I can have a scoop of ICS.
Thank you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users