63 replies to this topic

#41 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Arc I rsd the other day and then took the OTA and rooted. Dirty said he had no problems reverting five devices.

Sooooo... Do you want me to try it out for science? Sounds like I can at least get back on the leak.

If you don't think it's a good idea to even try I won't... Cheers

Sent from where I sent it from......

I wouldn't. This fix doesn't resolve the issue that you can't charge the phone when it's off as the failed flash is still triggered. It just makes your phone bootable/usable.
  • nailbomb3 likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#42 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Nvm
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#43 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

This build runs good, but I would like to get back on path. I have faith in Arc, and the rest of these guys. We`ll be good to go before long. Thanks for all your work Arcanexvi and DD. Get some rest man. Night peeps.
Posted Image

#44 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

I wouldn't. This fix doesn't resolve the issue that you can't charge the phone when it's off as the failed flash is still triggered. It just makes your phone bootable/usable.

Roger that, and thanks for your hard work!

#45 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hey do you guys think motorola has a new tool out for the leak or something? I just checked their developer site and it is currently down...idk
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#46 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

Well I went the 'science' route to help figure this out ;)

Failed at step 6 like everyone else in RSD.

Ran your fixes, was able to reboot into leak.

However, it LOOKS to me that I CAN charge with the phone powered down. I'm looking at the thermometer now dude. If it goes up from 70 to 80 percent I'll know....

ETA: yes, it went from 70 to 80 percent.

ETA2: Booting into AP Fastboot it shows "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)" I don't see "Flash Failed" like I did post RSD.

#47 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

Okay, so still looks like charge while OFF works for ME: went from 70 to 80 and then to 90 on the thermometer. Booted into leak and checked Battery Monitor Widget and it was showing 85 percent (the thermometer rounds up, ie 85 percent charge will show 90 on the thermometer, 84 would show 80 percent).

So, Arc IF I were to full discharge would you still say it wouldn't take a charge?

#48 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Mine is stuck @ flash failed. If yours isn't, you can charge fine.

Fixed. See the post following this one.

Posted Image

#49 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

Update: If you get stuck on the fastboot-failed menu every time you plug your phone in when it's powered down, I found a fix. It just needs a successful flash of the first 5 steps. It should reset the failed flag. Once you're done with the first 5 steps, rather than flash the cdt file again just execute command moto-fastboot reboot. Without the period obviously. The phone should reboot normally into your .84 leak without hiccuping and requiring you to use the BP menu to boot the phone. This also re-enables charging with the phone off. This doesn't fix any other issues. Just those that are able to get back up and running on .84 but were having to go through the menu every reboot.

Posted Image

#50 rexboe

rexboe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Worked for me

#51 jawse

jawse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

i assume no one has ics fastboot files?

#52 jawse

jawse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

i used matt's utility so can't really go back get back to leak this way

#53 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

i used matt's utility so can't really go back get back to leak this way

Ditto. Guess I won't bother to try to revert back. Bummer...

#54 porkshanker

porkshanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

I am stuck as well..... "prays there will be a fix". Although my wifes upgrade is available... lol

#55 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

arcane, when you guys were testing did you install with the app we don't speak of? Also, which SBF did you use and what version of RSD?

#56 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Okay so i just thought of a solution. What happens if we delete the files that fail when we fastboot on our phone through ES File manager etc. Like the cdt.bin file, what happens if we find the file/files that it installed on our phone so we can just delete that and it SHOULD go through. However, for the people that are using Matt's Utility said that it failed on more than just the cdt.bin file. SOMEONE TELL ME IM RIGHT! LOL

#57 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

The problem is this. When you fast boot back the partitions that go through are flashed but the ones that fail remain updated to the leak. This leaves you with a mixed file system where obviously there are conflicts. The fast boot files are failing to flash due to the upgraded files during the upgrade. So until resolution to that issues you're stuck where you are. If we were miraculously able to find the update fast boot(ics) files I think we would be able to flash over what we have to move forward. But being that this is a leak there's no telling when that will happen! Upgrading to ICS is not just a maintenance update as the other OTA's have been. It is an upgraded OS... so I'm betting they will have fast boot imgs for it once it becomes official. So right now I'd say its a matter of time. Time until someone figures out how to get past the file verification reverting to GB... or time until we get the images to fast boot forward. I don't think you'll be able to find the files you're referencing in es file explorer... and even if you were.. I would leave them untouched for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#58 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

The problem is this. When you fast boot back the partitions that go through are flashed but the ones that fail remain updated to the leak. This leaves you with a mixed file system where obviously there are conflicts. The fast boot files are failing to flash due to the upgraded files during the upgrade. So until resolution to that issues you're stuck where you are. If we were miraculously able to find the update fast boot(ics) files I think we would be able to flash over what we have to move forward. But being that this is a leak there's no telling when that will happen! Upgrading to ICS is not just a maintenance update as the other OTA's have been. It is an upgraded OS... so I'm betting they will have fast boot imgs for it once it becomes official. So right now I'd say its a matter of time. Time until someone figures out how to get past the file verification reverting to GB... or time until we get the images to fast boot forward. I don't think you'll be able to find the files you're referencing in es file explorer... and even if you were.. I would leave them untouched for now.

Pretty much this. We sit around on. 84 til we get ICS fastboot files.

Posted Image

#59 kaplac

kaplac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

so I'm going to be sitting on a bricked phone for over a month?

#60 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Unfortunately yes... unless someone figures out a way back. For those that rsd.. they were by the sounds of it able to restore due to the flash failing at cdt.bin and quiting.The moto fix thread should get you booted. The ones such as myself that either used matts utility or simply fast boot flash... the install continued after cdt.bin failed . This is were the issue is. Now what you have is the mixed file system I made reference to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users