Thanks!

#282 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

would you happen to have an MD5 for the 1.5 file? I downloaded it yesterday but after doing a full wipe, it keeps bootlooping before I can get to the initial setup. Interestingly enough, I restored a backup of 1.45 and installed 1.5 overtop of it without wiping and it seemed to work ok but I don't really trust "dirty" installs. BTW, thanks for the great work and ROM for our stone-age™ Bionics!

• mrlolli likes this
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#283 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

the md5 is 69fad6debb3aeedbd8ea93f2f4f17a34

that is odd. seeing how you are dirty flashing over 1.45, you are on slot 2... When is the last time you rebuilt the slot?

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#284 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

the md5 is 69fad6debb3aeedbd8ea93f2f4f17a34

that is odd. seeing how you are dirty flashing over 1.45, you are on slot 2... When is the last time you rebuilt the slot?

Well the checksums matched so I don't think it's a bad DL. I actually rebuilt the slot before installing v1.45. It's just a little weird that a full wipe causes a boot loop but a dirty flash seems ok.

Posted Image

#285 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

crap...you just HAD to say that the checksums matched :lol: . i remember that happening with my overdrive blur rom, so ever since then i have been doing a full wipe when testing to make sure that it will indeed fire up that way. i will think about this and ask around, because right now you got me swinging :p . im sure someone else may have some other ideas, i will get back to you.

• matjmonk likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#286 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

crap...you just HAD to say that the checksums matched :lol: . i remember that happening with my overdrive blur rom, so ever since then i have been doing a full wipe when testing to make sure that it will indeed fire up that way. i will think about this and ask around, because right now you got me swinging :p . im sure someone else may have some other ideas, i will get back to you.

Sorry boss, didn't mean to cause you extra work!

• mrlolli likes this
Posted Image

#287 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

matjmonk, on 04 Sept 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Sorry boss, didn't mean to cause you extra work!

you didnt cause me extra work. work is something you dont like, and i like doing this, so this doesnt count as work :) . this actually has piqued my curiosity, so i am all into it :D

and also, after you got the bootloop, you could have just said "screw this" and moved on to something else, but you decided to stick around and dance with it for a bit instead. i appreciate that, thanks! :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#288 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

you didnt cause me extra work. work is something you dont like, and i like doing this, so this doesnt count as work :) . this actually has piqued my curiosity, so i am all into it :D

and also, after you got the bootloop, you could have just said "screw this" and moved on to something else, but you decided to stick around and dance with it for a bit instead. i appreciate that, thanks! :)

NP, your stuff in the past has been great and I want to see if 1.5 is a bit more stable than 1.45. The ONLY problem with 1.45 was it would either reboot itself or I would have to reboot because one of the toggles would stop working and then it can't load any of the desktop widgets and I have to delete and recreate them. Not really a problem but a bit annoying but worth the trouble since I love how well the ROM works and all the customization I can do. So, in other matters, you don't think that deleting and recreating Slot 2 would fix the bootloop with V1.50?

Posted Image

#289 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

It may fix it. Seeing how you just did it, i didnt know if you were willing to rebuild it again. If you are anything like me, the rebuild takes forever cuz i just stare at it saying "finish....finish....finish...." :lol: . if i were in your shoes, though, that is what i would do

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

2qa7hv4.jpg

#290 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

It may fix it. Seeing how you just did it, i didnt know if you were willing to rebuild it again. If you are anything like me, the rebuild takes forever cuz i just stare at it saying "finish....finish....finish...." :lol: . if i were in your shoes, though, that is what i would do

I'll give it a shot over lunch and let you know. I don't really mind rebuilding much when I have a WIFI connection available to reload all the stuff from the Playstore. Thanks again for the help.

• mrlolli likes this
Posted Image

#291 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

I'll give it a shot over lunch and let you know. I don't really mind rebuilding much when I have a WIFI connection available to reload all the stuff from the Playstore. Thanks again for the help.

Not a problem, and thanks again for playing with the rom :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#292 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well Mrlolli, it looks like deleting and recreating slot 2 may have done the trick! I did that and installed 1.5 without any boot loops so now I'm off to configure it all again! Thanks again.

• mrlolli likes this
Posted Image

#293 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Well Mrlolli, it looks like deleting and recreating slot 2 may have done the trick! I did that and installed 1.5 without any boot loops so now I'm off to configure it all again! Thanks again.

Awesome! I am glad it worked! And you are very welcome :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#294 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Just a little feedback, everything seems to work quite well with two exceptions:

1. I can't change the default keyboard away from Android even though I have SwiftKey installed and enabled.

2. Some of the settings don't seem to take until I do a reboot, I make a change, back out, go back to the menu and the change has disappeared but if I do a reboot, they are there.

These are the only things I've noticed after installing it and finally getting everything configured. Now I'm looking forward to running it for a few days and letting everything settle down. Once again, mucho thanks for all the great work on this!

Posted Image

#295 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

thanks for the feedback! I will play around with the keyboard and see if i can come up with some kind of solution. as far as the second one, if that isnt an aokp thing, then it might take me a little longer to figure out. thanks again! :)

• matjmonk likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#296 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

Just a little feedback, everything seems to work quite well with two exceptions:

1. I can't change the default keyboard away from Android even though I have SwiftKey installed and enabled.

2. Some of the settings don't seem to take until I do a reboot, I make a change, back out, go back to the menu and the change has disappeared but if I do a reboot, they are there.

These are the only things I've noticed after installing it and finally getting everything configured. Now I'm looking forward to running it for a few days and letting everything settle down. Once again, mucho thanks for all the great work on this!

ok, based on #2 of this post, i decided to start playing with the keyboards, and got #1 figured out. here is what you do:

1. go to settings, then language & Input

2. change the default to swiftkey and make sure the swiftkey box is checked

3. reboot the phone right from this screen. swiftkey was staying the default for me after the reboot.

Hopefully it will work for you  :)

• matjmonk likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#297 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

ok, based on #2 of this post, i decided to start playing with the keyboards, and got #1 figured out. here is what you do:

1. go to settings, then language & Input

2. change the default to swiftkey and make sure the swiftkey box is checked

3. reboot the phone right from this screen. swiftkey was staying the default for me after the reboot.

Hopefully it will work for you  :)

That worked, thanks a bunch!

• mrlolli likes this
Posted Image

#298 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Does this ROM have occasional phone/SOD issues like other Kexec-based ROMs?  That was annoying enough (even though a battery pull and/or SS Fix Permissions corrected it easily) that I tried a Blur-based ROM, but now I'm getting bored with that.  4.1.2 is quite boring... 

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#299 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Does this ROM have occasional phone/SOD issues like other Kexec-based ROMs? That was annoying enough (even though a battery pull and/or SS Fix Permissions corrected it easily) that I tried a Blur-based ROM, but now I'm getting bored with that. 4.1.2 is quite boring...

Yes, i have had the phone screw up on me once.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

2qa7hv4.jpg

#300 jjkoolaid

jjkoolaid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Current Device(s):bionic

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

I have always liked aokp based roms the most, seems (for me) to be faster and smoother.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users