#101 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

any battery saving tricks or apps i should run

one thing that comes to mind are those battery calibrator apps. some people like them and some people hate them, though, so trying them would be up to you.  you could also use an app freezer app to freeze system apps that you may not use, such as email and whatnot.  this is actually the one downside to aokp, battery life, but i personally am willing to give up some life for all of the customization options available.

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#102 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3,

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

OK. Flashed it this morning and worked fine for a few hours. Now have to do volume down & power as it freezes and the screen won't turn back on. Any suggestions?

For reference, it was a freshly created slot 2 again (deleted the first one I created when I couldn't get past the flames) and I wiped cache and dalvik after installing this time too.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#103 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:jpr9845
  • Google+:jpr9845
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

How do I connect to my PC as a storage device in this ROM? When I plug in the pull down screen shows USB connected. If I tap that a screen comes up to turn on USB storage, if I turn that on my PC still does not see the internal and or external storage. To copy anything on to my SD card, I can either turn OFF the phone and use the SD card on my PC or switch to a different ROM to access it.

#104 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

How do I connect to my PC as a storage device in this ROM? When I plug in the pull down screen shows USB connected. If I tap that a screen comes up to turn on USB storage, if I turn that on my PC still does not see the internal and or external storage. To copy anything on to my SD card, I can either turn OFF the phone and use the SD card on my PC or switch to a different ROM to access it.

Do you have USB Debug on as well? If not try doing those same steps but turn on USB Debug in the Developer Options. I have no issues connecting as mass storage, but I am also using Linux as my main OS.

new_animated_sig.gif

#105 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

After you tap on the "turn on usb storage" button, does the glow around the usb plug picture turn from red to blue?

2qa7hv4.jpg

#106 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

OK. Flashed it this morning and worked fine for a few hours. Now have to do volume down & power as it freezes and the screen won't turn back on. Any suggestions?

For reference, it was a freshly created slot 2 again (deleted the first one I created when I couldn't get past the flames) and I wiped cache and dalvik after installing this time too.

Did you flash the rom, boot it up to finish letting it install, then go back and flash the power menu mod?

2qa7hv4.jpg

#107 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Do you have USB Debug on as well? If not try doing those same steps but turn on USB Debug in the Developer Options. I have no issues connecting as mass storage, but I am also using Linux as my main OS.

USB Debug is on.

After you tap on the "turn on usb storage" button, does the glow around the usb plug picture turn from red to blue?

Yes it turns blue but I still can't see anything on my PC.

#108 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Do u have a different usb cord you can try? My phone is picky like that, certain ones dont work for some reason.
  • nakedtime likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#109 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Did you flash the rom, boot it up to finish letting it install, then go back and flash the power menu mod?

I did not flash the power menu. Figured I'd make sure it worked before doing that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#110 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Oh ok. Did you get any force closes before it froze up? Is it freezing up a lot on you? Sorry about all of the questions, i am just trying to narrow it down :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#111 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Oops...double post

2qa7hv4.jpg

#112 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Oops...triple post...what the heck? :D

2qa7hv4.jpg

#113 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Do u have a different usb cord you can try? My phone is picky like that, certain ones dont work for some reason.

I have used a couple different ones. All of which work fine on other ROMs.

#114 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Oh ok. Did you get any force closes before it froze up? Is it freezing up a lot on you? Sorry about all of the questions, i am just trying to narrow it down :)

It froze twice over a four hour period. No force closes before first freeze. Upon boot after first freeze I got force close on com.android something and then gapps. After rebooting from 2nd freeze I couldn't make a phone call. It tried to force close the dialer but gave me the option to wait.
Ask all the questions you need. Least I can do is answer them after the work you've put into this ROM.

• marleyinoc likes this

#115 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

It froze twice over a four hour period. No force closes before first freeze. Upon boot after first freeze I got force close on com.android something and then gapps. After rebooting from 2nd freeze I couldn't make a phone call. It tried to force close the dialer but gave me the option to wait.
Ask all the questions you need. Least I can do is answer them after the work you've put into this ROM.

This is starting to sound like the same problem that cgillie had. What he did to fix it was to bypass the google setup at the initial boot and then sign in and let it do its thing later by going into the play store. Maybe that will work for you, too.

2qa7hv4.jpg

#116 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

This is starting to sound like the same problem that cgillie had. What he did to fix it was to bypass the google setup at the initial boot and then sign in and let it do its thing later by going into the play store. Maybe that will work for you, too.

OK. Will wipe, reflash and try that. Thank you!

#117 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

If that works, thank cgillie, he figured that one out :)

Speaking of whom...cgillie, did u figure out anything with the xperia launcher? I ran it for a day without any problems, but before i ran it, i went to the scripter in rom toolbox and ran the fix permissions script. I dont know if that may have had anything to do with it or not, but if yours isnt working, maybe that will work.
  • cgillie92 likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#118 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I have used a couple different ones. All of which work fine on other ROMs.

Wow, man, you really have me swinging on this one. The other roms show up different on the computer than this one does. The internal and external memories just show up in my computer as removable disks...

2qa7hv4.jpg

#119 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

I wiped cache and devlik and re-flashed OD-RedHot. No change, when I first connect to PC the Motorola dialog box comes up and the phone shows a red USB connection. When I turn on USB storage the USB connection turns blue and the PC does nothing. The thing available on PC is the Motorola directory with the helper driver .exe files. No phone storage, in/out.

#120 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

I just wanna clarify... There are no removable disks listed in 'my computer' after the usb turns blue?

Second...thanks for deciding to mess with it instead of just saying 'screw it' and dropping it, i really appreciate it :)
  • marleyinoc likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users