• 108 posts
  • Google+:eyecre8
  • LocationOhio/Florida
  • Current Device(s):2 Razr's (xt912) & Asus TF700T

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

43.99KB   120 downloads

Beware! If you are Grandfathered-in to Verizon's unlimited data plan, expect a call from one of their representatives in the near future.

They have stooped to yet new lows with their latest attempts to wean people out of the Unlimited Data plans. A self described "helpful" representative will offer to review your account to see if they can help "Save you money" or "ensure you are taking advantage of all of the latest and greatest offers". If you do not have unlimited talk or text, be prepared to be offered it in exchange for a tiny fee. Reports show people being offered incentives such as unlimited talk, text, or other similar changes/upgrades to their plan for as little as .47 cents and as much as $5.

Sounds like a bargain but what they aren't openly advertising is that any change or upgrade in your plan will exempt you from the unlimited data plan. 

When asked about how the upgrade/change will affect your grandfathered-in status to unlimited data, the Verizon reps are quick to reply back with scripted responses (dodging the question)

such as:  "you don't even come close to using the 2 gig limit" or "I download music and movies and never come close to using my allotted data plan you will be fine".

Other tactics include targeting the top 5 percent of the heaviest data users of the unlimited data plan and throttling them down to slow speeds.

Via:

My name is Eyecre8 and I approve this message!
Posted Image

#2 rebretz000

rebretz000

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well I expect I'll be hearing from them. I've been using between 5 - 8 GB of data per month for the last 5 months.

• wabmorgan likes this

#3 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

43.99KB   120 downloads

Beware! If you are Grandfathered-in to Verizon's unlimited data plan, expect a call from one of their representatives in the near future.
They have stooped to yet new lows with their latest attempts to wean people out of the Unlimited Data plans. A self described "helpful" representative will offer to review your account to see if they can help "Save you money" or "ensure you are taking advantage of all of the latest and greatest offers". If you do not have unlimited talk or text, be prepared to be offered it in exchange for a tiny fee. Reports show people being offered incentives such as unlimited talk, text, or other similar changes/upgrades to their plan for as little as .47 cents and as much as $5.
Sounds like a bargain but what they aren't openly advertising is that any change or upgrade in your plan will exempt you from the unlimited data plan.

When asked about how the upgrade/change will affect your grandfathered-in status to unlimited data, the Verizon reps are quick to reply back with scripted responses (dodging the question)
such as: "you don't even come close to using the 2 gig limit" or "I download music and movies and never come close to using my allotted data plan you will be fine".

Other tactics include targeting the top 5 percent of the heaviest data users of the unlimited data plan and throttling them down to slow speeds.

Via:

Not happening here...Bait n Switch...

As mentioned Above...
Any Changes to your Plan to Upgrade with a Offer for those on Unlimited Plan is a Bait n Switch...

If they tried to create a Service issue with coverage or not able to upgrade the New Technology...

My first phone call will be The Commissioner for having Verizon forcing me to change without having the same service I started with Verizon

its not going to be A Publicly happy day for Verizon when it happens....

AT&T all over...

PS..
If they Do Throttle Down the Speed effecting Performance...and wanting us to pay a Fee for Faster service...

Ask Time Warner Cable how that pinch them in the butt...notice all the reduced monthly fee for monthly services...sounds like their paying us back without legal fees....

Hmmmmm...such a surprise...

Go For Verizon...you'll be making the News sooner than later

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#4 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up

#5 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Second link is from almost an entire year ago

I'm from the internet and so can you!

#6 eyecre8

eyecre8

Mod/News Team Leader

• 108 posts
  • Google+:eyecre8
  • LocationOhio/Florida
  • Current Device(s):2 Razr's (xt912) & Asus TF700T

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Second link is from almost an entire year ago

Second link was recapping on some of the existing tactics they continue to use. Main point of the article is the telemarketing tactic they are using as of late.

• nakedtime likes this
My name is Eyecre8 and I approve this message!
Posted Image

#7 fluxor2k

fluxor2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationKnoxville
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

They got me but i got my old plan back. i went and got my upgrade to the note 2 and got it all activated and i leave the store stoked. i get home im diving into my new phone and surfin the web all that good stuff. then i get a text that says im approching my 1 gig limit.... I FREAKED. i went back and argued with the reps for about 45 minutes to get my old data plan back. NEV ER ONCE did they mention a change to my plan. so i gave them the Note 2 back and left. there trying HARD to weed us out. i to have recieved the calls. pitiful. 

Moral of the story is if you have unlimited data and use your upgrade it changes your plan.  :angry:

• eyecre8 likes this

#8 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Well I expect I'll be hearing from them. I've been using between 5 - 8 GB of data per month for the last 5 months.

Thats nothing dude....I use prob 20-40 GB/month ever since I dropped my cox home net and have been using my hotspot exclusively
  • nakedtime likes this

#9 BigDaddyGriz

BigDaddyGriz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNorth Western Arkansas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx(rooted) / Nexus 7(12) Stock / Droid Razr M (rooted/unlocked)

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

i have been using my razr maxx as a hotspot sense a month after release ( picked up my maxx the day it came out)  i currently average about 75-100 gigs a month, my april usage was 197 gigs. ( i fall into that top 5% category ). i have no plans on upgrading my plan ever ( from a verizon rep confirmed, payment plans on phones will not effect you plan ( 6 month of good standing bill payment required{bill to your account will become active then} and even if you run out of you contract, and you fall into the hold over status ( my former at&t day) you will not be forced to change or upgrade again.

so for this issue i am not worried.

• ryder0714 and The Persuader like this

#10 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thats nothing dude....I use prob 20-40 GB/month ever since I dropped my cox home net and have been using my hotspot exclusively

20/40 you must be Streaming...Not for Fishing either:)

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#11 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Why so greedy Verizion? I have not watched any stocks but i refuse to believe you are losing money/not profiting.. Greedy!!!

Driod Razr XT912 CDMA SpYdEr RC4 cm10.1.0 Rockn dtrail1's KERNEL...Weeeeeeee

#12 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

i have been using my razr maxx as a hotspot sense a month after release ( picked up my maxx the day it came out) i currently average about 75-100 gigs a month, my april usage was 197 gigs. ( i fall into that top 5% category ). i have no plans on upgrading my plan ever ( from a verizon rep confirmed, payment plans on phones will not effect you plan ( 6 month of good standing bill payment required{bill to your account will become active then} and even if you run out of you contract, and you fall into the hold over status ( my former at&t day) you will not be forced to change or upgrade again.

so for this issue i am not worried.

Hopefully, NO conditions will apply...

I remember the Service Performance with XX&X when I didn't upgrade...

they made the Phone close to inconvenient as you can get to Upgrade...

Had 3 Phones from them and switched to "V" and paid my Penalty Fee for each phone...they called me back and offered to pay over half so not to take this to another level...had plenty of Documentation to support the chase...

Be Careful Verizon...we can't beat you financially...

but changes to Competition is my Ace Card

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"
  • eyecre8 likes this

#13 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

How is Verizon greedy? How is it a bait and switch? Lol its PUBLICLY available in the contract. You sign a new contract, you agree to current pricing. It's so irritating to hear people talk about things they know nothing about. Throttled?! Really? Everyone thinks they're being throttled.. Omg my speed test app says I'm 2mbps slower than what I was.. I'm being throttled!! No.. You're not. Take a few classes in telecommunications and then comment.

-Flash now, ask questions later
Posted Image

#14 motoroid7

motoroid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:motoroid7
  • LocationBloomington, Indiana
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Last December we opted out of the Unlimited Data so we could upgrade to new phones without paying full price. In all honestly, No longer having unlimited hasn't hurt us yet. Living in a decent sized city (WiFi everywhere) and having blazing fast WiFi at home has allowed me to on average not even hit 2GB of data. We are on the 6GB share-everything plan. (2 RAZR M's)

So really think about how much data you actually use if you want to still hold onto the Unlimited plan. I know it was great when I was living with a friend whom had no internet. I tethered everything from Xbox Gaming to Netflix on 4G. I averaged anywhere from 20GB - 40GB/mo depending on all I was doing.

Also, it cut the bill down by $100 getting rid of the Unlimited Data and going into a share-everything.

Twitter: @motoroid7

ADN: @seven07

#15 rebretz000

rebretz000

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Really? When I went up three months ago to add two lines, they gave me crap about my data usage.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#16 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

How is Verizon greedy? How is it a bait and switch? Lol its PUBLICLY available in the contract. You sign a new contract, you agree to current pricing. It's so irritating to hear people talk about things they know nothing about. Throttled?! Really? Everyone thinks they're being throttled.. Omg my speed test app says I'm 2mbps slower than what I was.. I'm being throttled!! No.. You're not. Take a few classes in telecommunications and then comment.

-Flash now, ask questions later

I know more than you think my friend...

Oooh communication classes your speaking to...practice what you preach or your clueless like the box of rocks

If your trying to vision a Perfect Storm with Verizon...

I will sell you A box of rock..

We all know the world of contract language...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#17 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Last December we opted out of the Unlimited Data so we could upgrade to new phones without paying full price. In all honestly, No longer having unlimited hasn't hurt us yet. Living in a decent sized city (WiFi everywhere) and having blazing fast WiFi at home has allowed me to on average not even hit 2GB of data. We are on the 6GB share-everything plan. (2 RAZR M's)

So really think about how much data you actually use if you want to still hold onto the Unlimited plan. I know it was great when I was living with a friend whom had no internet. I tethered everything from Xbox Gaming to Netflix on 4G. I averaged anywhere from 20GB - 40GB/mo depending on all I was doing.

Also, it cut the bill down by $100 getting rid of the Unlimited Data and going into a share-everything.

You're the exception not the Rule... please don't take this as a Shot

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#18 mainegrw

mainegrw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

They can have my unlimited plan when they pry it from my cold lifeless hands!

Seriously though, how do the major carriers not understand how much data is sent and received on the internet? What I guess the carriers don't get is that we, the smartphone users of the world don't just use our data plans to check email and look things up on Google anymore. We watch YouTube, stream movies and music from all manner of services to our phones and 2gb of data per month is nowhere near enough!  They have sold us what essentially is a computer, that (at least for me) has replaced a desktop or laptop for most of my day to day needs. It is time that they start modelling their service to reflect that shift in usage. A phone is no longer a phone when the majority of its use is not spent making phone calls. I have personally walked into every carrier store front in my local area and have discussed their data tiers vs what is realistic. I tell them: I may be in the top 5% right now, but others will eventually get there. It is a trend that will continue, there is no going back, and with regards to their business model, they are taking a step backward.

I do believe that like most battles with Verizon, this too shall pass:

I can remember a time back when I had my V3 Razr flip phone. Back then on Verizon, you had to pay Verizon for the privilege using your phone as an MP3 player, i.e. unlike the V3 Razr on AT&T, which you could sync to your PC and copy mp3 files back and fourth, you could only buy music from the VCast music service and even then as I recall, you didn't actually own it, you just rented it, and you couldn't use it as a ringtone, you had to buy the ringtone separate. That practice went away fairly quickly as I recall. 

I also remember my first smartphone: the Blackberry 8830. As I recall, the original release of the BB OS on this phone had the GPS locked on 911 only so when you used Blackberry Maps it could only locate you to the cell tower it was connected to. This was not because the phone was incapable, but because Verizon wanted to sell you a subscription to VZ Navigator at $9.99/month. I rejoiced the day they removed the lock and allowed us to use the GPS as it was intended. 

Someday I hope to look back at this stupidity and reminisce about the time the major cellular providers got their heads out of their asses and stopped being so damn greedy. I however, may jump ship from Verizon when T-Mobile's new 4G system comes on line in my area. We shall see...

• neckchop, The Persuader, marleyinoc and 1 other like this

#19 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

They can have my unlimited plan when they pry it from my cold lifeless hands!

Seriously though, how do the major carriers not understand how much data is sent and received on the internet? What I guess the carriers don't get is that we, the smartphone users of the world don't just use our data plans to check email and look things up on Google anymore. We watch YouTube, stream movies and music from all manner of services to our phones and 2gb of data per month is nowhere near enough! They have sold us what essentially is a computer, that (at least for me) has replaced a desktop or laptop for most of my day to day needs. It is time that they start modelling their service to reflect that shift in usage. A phone is no longer a phone when the majority of its use is not spent making phone calls. I have personally walked into every carrier store front in my local area and have discussed their data tiers vs what is realistic. I tell them: I may be in the top 5% right now, but others will eventually get there. It is a trend that will continue, there is no going back, and with regards to their business model, they are taking a step backward.

I do believe that like most battles with Verizon, this too shall pass:

I can remember a time back when I had my V3 Razr flip phone. Back then on Verizon, you had to pay Verizon for the privilege using your phone as an MP3 player, i.e. unlike the V3 Razr on AT&T, which you could sync to your PC and copy mp3 files back and fourth, you could only buy music from the VCast music service and even then as I recall, you didn't actually own it, you just rented it, and you couldn't use it as a ringtone, you had to buy the ringtone separate. That practice went away fairly quickly as I recall.

I also remember my first smartphone: the Blackberry 8830. As I recall, the original release of the BB OS on this phone had the GPS locked on 911 only so when you used Blackberry Maps it could only locate you to the cell tower it was connected to. This was not because the phone was incapable, but because Verizon wanted to sell you a subscription to VZ Navigator at $9.99/month. I rejoiced the day they removed the lock and allowed us to use the GPS as it was intended.

Someday I hope to look back at this stupidity and reminisce about the time the major cellular providers got their heads out of their asses and stopped being so damn greedy. I however, may jump ship from Verizon when T-Mobile's new 4G system comes on line in my area. We shall see...

Competition is Great...Change is good...

Tried of CEO Top Cat taking advantage of a necessity of Our changing world to Smartphone....Almost the same necessity as Oil...

$$$...Wallpapered to their Corporate office Walls and Million dollar homes...

Tax returns;
We get a Bike...
They get a Corporate Ocean Condo...thinking Smartphones ...Cha-Ching

What wrong with this picture

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#20 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

I can't wait until the Bionic's 2 year birthday when my contract runs out with these guys. 

Never again will I sign into a 2-year contract on anything that loses 75% of its value every year.

**Until then I will continue to use all the data I can.

I'm from the internet and so can you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users