extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

i have been using my razr maxx as a hotspot sense a month after release ( picked up my maxx the day it came out) i currently average about 75-100 gigs a month, my april usage was 197 gigs. ( i fall into that top 5% category ). i have no plans on upgrading my plan ever ( from a verizon rep confirmed, payment plans on phones will not effect you plan ( 6 month of good standing bill payment required{bill to your account will become active then} and even if you run out of you contract, and you fall into the hold over status ( my former at&t day) you will not be forced to change or upgrade again.

so for this issue i am not worried.

I remember the Service Performance with XX&X when I didn't upgrade...

they made the Phone close to inconvenient as you can get to Upgrade...

How is Verizon greedy? How is it a bait and switch? Lol its PUBLICLY available in the contract. You sign a new contract, you agree to current pricing. It's so irritating to hear people talk about things they know nothing about. Throttled?! Really? Everyone thinks they're being throttled.. Omg my speed test app says I'm 2mbps slower than what I was.. I'm being throttled!! No.. You're not. Take a few classes in telecommunications and then comment.

-Flash now, ask questions later

I know more than you think my friend...

Oooh communication classes your speaking to...practice what you preach or your clueless like the box of rocks

If your trying to vision a Perfect Storm with Verizon...

I will sell you A box of rock..

We all know the world of contract language...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I think I know enough as its my job.. They pay me well to know these things.

The idea that you're phone stopped working and became unusable because you wouldn't upgrade shows how naive people are.. You think ATT is gonna focus it's attention to slow one person down because they wouldn't upgrade?!

-Flash now, ask questions later.
Posted Image

#22 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

i have been using my razr maxx as a hotspot sense a month after release ( picked up my maxx the day it came out) i currently average about 75-100 gigs a month, my april usage was 197 gigs. ( i fall into that top 5% category ). i have no plans on upgrading my plan ever ( from a verizon rep confirmed, payment plans on phones will not effect you plan ( 6 month of good standing bill payment required{bill to your account will become active then} and even if you run out of you contract, and you fall into the hold over status ( my former at&t day) you will not be forced to change or upgrade again.

so for this issue i am not worried.

I remember the Service Performance with XX&X when I didn't upgrade...

they made the Phone close to inconvenient as you can get to Upgrade...

How is Verizon greedy? How is it a bait and switch? Lol its PUBLICLY available in the contract. You sign a new contract, you agree to current pricing. It's so irritating to hear people talk about things they know nothing about. Throttled?! Really? Everyone thinks they're being throttled.. Omg my speed test app says I'm 2mbps slower than what I was.. I'm being throttled!! No.. You're not. Take a few classes in telecommunications and then comment.

-Flash now, ask questions later

I know more than you think my friend...

Oooh communication classes your speaking to...practice what you preach or your clueless like the box of rocks

If your trying to vision a Perfect Storm with Verizon...

I will sell you A box of rock..

We all know the world of contract language...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I think I know enough as its my job.. They pay me well to know these things.

The idea that you're phone stopped working and became unusable because you wouldn't upgrade shows how naive people are.. You think ATT is gonna focus it's attention to slow one person down because they wouldn't upgrade?!

:p
Your Job;
Not well enough my friend...

You need to step it up a notch...your not tune in to what the consumers are asking for...your Corporate Driven...Focused to the Ching and maybe your bonus...naaaa

> My phone never stopped working...some of my performance services did for not Upgrading...but that included everyone

> Its NOT one person...i was one that stepped out of the box to be honest with V tactics...

You need a raise...just so your not Cloned and Narrow Minded to contracts...

Listen to your supporter or lose the Heavy Wind into your Sail...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#23 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Beware! If you are Grandfathered-in to Verizon's unlimited data plan, expect a call from one of their representatives in the near future.
They have stooped to yet new lows with their latest attempts to wean people out of the Unlimited Data plans. A self described "helpful" representative will offer to review your account to see if they can help "Save you money" or "ensure you are taking advantage of all of the latest and greatest offers". If you do not have unlimited talk or text, be prepared to be offered it in exchange for a tiny fee. Reports show people being offered incentives such as unlimited talk, text, or other similar changes/upgrades to their plan for as little as .47 cents and as much as $5.
Sounds like a bargain but what they aren't openly advertising is that any change or upgrade in your plan will exempt you from the unlimited data plan.

When asked about how the upgrade/change will affect your grandfathered-in status to unlimited data, the Verizon reps are quick to reply back with scripted responses (dodging the question)
such as: "you don't even come close to using the 2 gig limit" or "I download music and movies and never come close to using my allotted data plan you will be fine".

Other tactics include targeting the top 5 percent of the heaviest data users of the unlimited data plan and throttling them down to slow speeds.

Via:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Not happening here...Bait n Switch...

As mentioned Above...
Any Changes to your Plan to Upgrade with a Offer for those on Unlimited Plan is a Bait n Switch...

If they tried to create a Service issue with coverage or not able to upgrade the New Technology...

My first phone call will be The Commissioner for having Verizon forcing me to change without having the same service I started with Verizon

its not going to be A Publicly happy day for Verizon when it happens....

AT&T all over...

PS..
If they Do Throttle Down the Speed effecting Performance...and wanting us to pay a Fee for Faster service...

Ask Time Warner Cable how that pinch them in the butt...notice all the reduced monthly fee for monthly services...sounds like their paying us back without legal fees....

Hmmmmm...such a surprise...

Go For Verizon...you'll be making the News sooner than later

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Maybe it's the way you're writing?? But you aren't making sense. You say in this post your first call will be to a commish regarding Verizon forcing you to go to something you didn't have when you signed up for service...

I fail to see the 'bait and switch' you're referring to.

If they try to create a service issue or charge a fee for faster service?? What's this mean? How would they create a service issue specific to only those customers with unlimited data? You're being paranoid and illogical like the rest of users with unlimited data. Omg, Verizon is out to get me.

I wasn't trying to turn this into an argument.. Just trying to understand some of the bs that is coming from peoples fingers...

• Memnoch73 likes this
Posted Image

#24 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the updated info Persuader.

Posted Image

#25 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

Guys let's remember this post is on the front page of our home....

Bubba don't make me send you back to the corner.  :p

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#26 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

Sorry Memnoch. Sorry Bubba. I meant no disrespect.

• Memnoch73 likes this
Posted Image

#27 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

No worries man...

Bubba is our resident philosophical poet. I still have to use my secret decoder ring to understand him most of the time.   :wacko:blink: We love ya Bubba!  :wub:

• eyecre8 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#28 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

I thought I use my phone a lot and run about 1-3 gig a month, I am on the old unlimited plan, I don't see how it is even possible to use 50-60 some say a hundred gig that's just nuts, to me personally that's just abuse
face it guys your doing everything your not supposed to to use that much data, those few wreck it for all as in a lot of things, anyhow whatever your gonna so it anyhow , no point in bragging about abuse most of us feel that is what that is!
My real thought here is I got with a rep and ask if they were gonna take our data plans in 2014 as has been mentioned he said if you ever do an upgrade on a phone being they give you a new phone that's 500 bucks for a 100-150 then you will at that time loose your old plan.
So I ask if I never upgraded and just bought a phone will that happen and he said no, so remember when that next cool phone comes out be careful on upgrading phones.

Do it now you may not be able to later

#29 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Back to the issue at hand. 2GB is not worth $30 which seems to be the average going rate for mobile providers. Cable manages to get the wire inside your house and we use many more gigs at a much better price. Seriously, if it wasn't for cable saving these guys on usage then no one would tolerate tiered data plans until they became more reasonable in their charges. I could put more into this part of the argument but it's getting late, I'll just have to counterpoint later :)

But just like mms and sms, they currently seem to have colluded to get these prices across the board. (I'm sure I'll have to respond to a counter to this, unless someone else will!) They'll eventually have to come down but what was it that got text messaging reasonably priced? Did users stop texting? Politicians get involved? Major lawsuit? Whatever it is I wish that would happen and soon.

For anyone defending pricing, this is about obscene profits in what is really close to a monopoly. When industry wages fall due to future reasonable pricing don't take the b.s. line that they have to cut back. You still deserve your current wages (and probably much more).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • The Persuader and eyecre8 like this

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#30 Nagaro

Nagaro

Brosicle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Current Device(s):NEXUS 6P, Moto 360

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

I'd like to see them try and save my family plan anything.  We got on that special promo they had a few years back.  Unlimited data $9.99/line.  Needless to say we'd be paying around $20+ more moving over the share everything.  We don't need unlimited mins since we don't even use the 1400 they gave us in that plan.

When I got my S4 (off contract) they tried to move me off it, till they saw my data usage.

• eyecre8 likes this

73pi4w.png
Temp sig by livininginkaos

#31 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

They'll eventually have to come down but what was it that got text messaging reasonably priced? Did users stop texting? Politicians get involved? Major lawsuit? Whatever it is I wish that would happen and soon.

Simple. A more popular service became available.. Data. But since the internet has blossomed into what it is today, and everyone wants access on the go, carriers will continue to charge what they want.

Obama gave the less fortunate free healthcare and free cell phones. Until there's a free WiFi service being broadcasted across the country like cellular signal, it won't get any better. I read from an unconfirmed source that something like that has been looked in to previously? Idk.

The next big thing we'll see is VoLTE. This may drive voice and messaging costs down even more as managing and updating LTE networks is far cheaper than it is currently on existing networks types. (This is why Verizon has managed to now cover 95% of it's customer base with LTE in 3 short years.) It could also just mean more revenue for the carriers.

• shessolla likes this
Posted Image

#32 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Back to the issue at hand. 2GB is not worth $30 which seems to be the average going rate for mobile providers. Cable manages to get the wire inside your house and we use many more gigs at a much better price. Seriously, if it wasn't for cable saving these guys on usage then no one would tolerate tiered data plans until they became more reasonable in their charges. I could put more into this part of the argument but it's getting late, I'll just have to counterpoint later :)

But just like mms and sms, they currently seem to have colluded to get these prices across the board. (I'm sure I'll have to respond to a counter to this, unless someone else will!) They'll eventually have to come down but what was it that got text messaging reasonably priced? Did users stop texting? Politicians get involved? Major lawsuit? Whatever it is I wish that would happen and soon.

For anyone defending pricing, this is about obscene profits in what is really close to a monopoly. When industry wages fall due to future reasonable pricing don't take the b.s. line that they have to cut back. You still deserve your current wages (and probably much more).

A text message is less than a kilobyte of data. Even 0.99$ a month for unlimited would be super overpriced.

Your other points are valid for sure.

**edit I got ninja'd by extpate

I'm from the internet and so can you!

#33 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Simple. A more popular service became available.. Data. But since the internet has blossomed into what it is today, and everyone wants access on the go, carriers will continue to charge what they want.

Obama gave the less fortunate free healthcare and free cell phones. Until there's a free WiFi service being broadcasted across the country like cellular signal, it won't get any better. I read from an unconfirmed source that something like that has been looked in to previously? Idk.

The next big thing we'll see is VoLTE. This may drive voice and messaging costs down even more as managing and updating LTE networks is far cheaper than it is currently on existing networks types. (This is why Verizon has managed to now cover 95% of it's customer base with LTE in 3 short years.) It could also just mean more revenue for the carriers.

GSM is entirely doable on a national scale. If the FCC is given point on this, it won't even be very expensive.

I'm from the internet and so can you!

#34 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Very STRANGE how my wifes phone(still on gingerbread, eol, totally stock droid3) has worked flawlessly since day1 up until 2/3 months prior to her upgrade eligibility date.. You say they have better things to do than mess with people? Any way to make money my friend... A couple months ago on t.v. a Verizion rep stated that "Everyone on an older version of android(device limits) (such as my wife) will have to upgrade devices as will become obsolete/unsupported," another part of this statement was something like "by the end of the year we predict all eligible upgrades will be made" Kinda STRANGE a statement like that is said and within days my wifes phone is having idiotic issues like storage problems, freezing, MAJOR lagggg, calls not going thru!! Obvious to me they pushed "something" unwittingly to her device. Sounds nuts? I heard what i heard from verizion rep and seeing this first hand is more than a coincidence... What do they gain?? Its obvious. Anyone else experiencing "recent" issues with older android versions? My wife has always refused to let me monkey with her phone as she has been 100% satisified with gingerbread.. Text, calls, fb, bank app, she is happy with the simply tech... Unfortunately this will change for her as her phone becomes more unstable. No she didn't download app/internet mumbo jumbo to cause this. Her routine is simple, basic, and NEVER changes. Unlike VERIZON.. Don't think it's possible? We sent people to the MOON in the 60's, dont be naive, anything is possible and anything goes with TODAY'S big bizz.. Edit: tryn to find this statement to post but worse than finding needle in haystack...

Driod Razr XT912 CDMA SpYdEr RC4 cm10.1.0 Rockn dtrail1's KERNEL...Weeeeeeee
  • The Persuader likes this

#35 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

"you don't even come close to using the 2 gig limit" ..... well that's not true in my case. Just depends but I usually hit 7-10 gigs per month. 

I already have unlimited mins.

So... only thing they could offer is unlimited text.... which I don't need.  

#36 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

I guess my issue is for basically the same price as unlimited, that gets me like 2-4 gigs on their shared plan?  It may be savings for those with families/multiple lines, but for a single line there are no savings switching to a tiered plan.  I have their lowest minutes, I think it's 450 and doubt I ever go above 100, and have unlimited text.  I generally use around 5 gigs, but can occassionaly shoot up to 20.  I don't have wifi at work, and generally listen to music constantly at my desk.  Occassionaly stream Netflix at my girlfriend's house or on vacation.  And there's something to be said about paying for peace of mind, I don't want to have to be constantly checking my data usage like my roommate's have to.

• nakedtime likes this

#37 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

💨
"All Good Under The Hood" Guys...👍

👀
No I am not Paranoid...just don't put up with BS from personal that say one thing and do another...

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones~

#38 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

Beware! If you are Grandfathered-in to Verizon's unlimited data plan, expect a call from one of their representatives in the near future.
They have stooped to yet new lows with their latest attempts to wean people out of the Unlimited Data plans. A self described "helpful" representative will offer to review your account to see if they can help "Save you money" or "ensure you are taking advantage of all of the latest and greatest offers". If you do not have unlimited talk or text, be prepared to be offered it in exchange for a tiny fee. Reports show people being offered incentives such as unlimited talk, text, or other similar changes/upgrades to their plan for as little as .47 cents and as much as $5.
Sounds like a bargain but what they aren't openly advertising is that any change or upgrade in your plan will exempt you from the unlimited data plan.

When asked about how the upgrade/change will affect your grandfathered-in status to unlimited data, the Verizon reps are quick to reply back with scripted responses (dodging the question)
such as: "you don't even come close to using the 2 gig limit" or "I download music and movies and never come close to using my allotted data plan you will be fine".

Other tactics include targeting the top 5 percent of the heaviest data users of the unlimited data plan and throttling them down to slow speeds.

Via:

As mentioned Above...
Any Changes to your Plan to Upgrade with a Offer for those on Unlimited Plan is a Bait n Switch...

If they tried to create a Service issue with coverage or not able to upgrade the New Technology...

My first phone call will be The Commissioner for having Verizon forcing me to change without having the same service I started with Verizon

AT&T all over...

PS..
If they Do Throttle Down the Speed effecting Performance...and wanting us to pay a Fee for Faster service...

Ask Time Warner Cable how that pinch them in the butt...notice all the reduced monthly fee for monthly services...sounds like their paying us back without legal fees....

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Maybe it's the way you're writing?? But you aren't making sense. You say in this post your first call will be to a commish regarding Verizon forcing you to go to something you didn't have when you signed up for service...

If they try to create a service issue or charge a fee for faster service?? What's this mean? How would they create a service issue specific to only those customers with unlimited data? You're being paranoid and illogical like the rest of users with unlimited data. Omg, Verizon is out to get me.

I wasn't trying to turn this into an argument.. Just trying to understand some of the bs that is coming from peoples fingers...

So your telling me Verizon is not trying to convert consumers from Unlimited to Data...

To keep me on Unlimited im sure their will be conditions as well as higher fees...

I don't buy it my friend...Bait n Switch...

Listen to your consumers in the Business world...you'll find your answer if your opened minded

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones~

#39 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Via:

As mentioned Above...

AT&T all over...

PS..

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

No thumbs up on this post...reread what you said...Love is blind for you🐂🐂🔥

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones~

#40 eyecre8

eyecre8

Mod/News Team Leader

• 108 posts
  • Google+:eyecre8
  • LocationOhio/Florida
  • Current Device(s):2 Razr's (xt912) & Asus TF700T

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Just out of curiosity, what are the fee's/penalties for going over the allotted data cap?

Do you get charged more or just get cut off?

My name is Eyecre8 and I approve this message!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users