#21 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

What does this mean! Run the RSD fb .173 files with the swapped .XML? What .XML needs swapping and why us it not already in the .173 FB file? Can I use this to FB back to .744?

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

The OP has been updated and I am sorry for the confusion. I only wanted you guys to get the files needed from the post previously shown. Use this link which has everything needed:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#22 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

OP updated with link to just moto-fastboot files. Please someone tell me if this method worked or not.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#23 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thank you OP. i sicerely do appreciate you trying. I will now wait a week until I know this works :-P (advice from "the pros")

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#24 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thank you OP. i sicerely do appreciate you trying. I will now wait a week until I know this works :-P (advice from "the pros")

LOL. Thank you for actually reading it. I think because I posted this as "Someone Try This Method" everyone is ignoring it.

#25 fishhelmet

fishhelmet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

tried it exactly according to the first post. still getting failed flash cdt.bin issue

#26 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Someone (sucker, lol) will try it eventually. I'd just like to be back on path but I'm not gonna be the guinea pig who has to listen to 50 "I told yo so's".

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#27 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

I was not home and my buddy called me and tools me he was on the ics leak and I told him to try this. He said it worked but I found out that he was on the original leak.

So what does this mean I HIGHLY DOUBT this will work because thus leak has a different BL and are fastboot files are not compatible. The CDT bin will fail no matter which way you slice it.

We are working on a work around for this. How long I can't say but eventually we always find a way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#28 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

+1 what he said.. ;) but I did get my drivers update!!!! haha

#29 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

I was not home and my buddy called me and tools me he was on the ics leak and I told him to try this. He said it worked but I found out that he was on the original leak.

So what does this mean I HIGHLY DOUBT this will work because thus leak has a different BL and are fastboot files are not compatible. The CDT bin will fail no matter which way you slice it.

We are working on a work around for this. How long I can't say but eventually we always find a way.

Thank you for viewing this post and thank you for confirming this will not work. (No sarcasm WHATSOEVER) and I would like to suggest that you delete this thread before further confusion results.

#30 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

+1 what he said.. ;) but I did get my drivers update!!!! haha

Lol.

#31 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Anyone else try this?

Sent from my DROID RAZRDisregard just refreshed thread

#32 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Anyone else try this?

Sent from my DROID RAZRDisregard just refreshed thread

Sorry for the confusion.

#33 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

If u are bricked there is a small chance you can push the system and boot it up.not sure though its up to you.

#34 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

If u are bricked there is a small chance you can push the system and boot it up.not sure though its up to you.

Nah I'm up on leak. And interestingly enough I did not have flash failure like arc at first.just couldn't get out of fast boot initially.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#35 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

I would like to suggest that you delete this thread before further confusion results.

+1,000,000,000

• theonlycosmic likes this

#36 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

I honestly think at this point the only solution will be ics fastboot files after it releases. Once the ota drops people should reach out to their moto contacts. The 181 files didn't take very long to drop so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#37 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

The method for me did not work. After flashing those files, I can go into recovery and wipe data and cache, then RSD alternative with the 1.50 or 1.02 ICS leak scripts. Four files still refuse to flash, but after that it will go into the install mode and install with no errors. After the install, the moto log comes up and the screen will turn black. It should be noted that if I do not go into recovery to wipe data and cache, it will not go into the install mode after I flash it with the scripts mentions above.

#38 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

The method that was posted had been confirmed to not work but have you tried booting up via bp tools?

#39 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

No. I know that I can get the battery to come up to charge. So something is on my phone. Is there a guide to what bp tools does? Never used it. Been flashing roms for a while, first time having to experiment to try to fix a bad flash. Good at following directions though.

I compared the files for cbt and devicetree and the only differences is that there is a chunk of code added about 1/3 through. It looks as though some kind of signature of some sort, then something special for this build, then the regular code. The regular code looks identical, just that one part that is off. Going to try and see if I can figure out a way to trick the 173 builds by editing hex. Although that might screw my phone up even more . . . .

The cbt and device tree files for 173 and 181 are identical. Thinking that there is just a signature I could copy and paste from the 84 leak into the 173 cbt and device tree files. Would still not be able to flash over with the real 173 but would be able to have a semi permanant 173 up.

#40 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

System.img I can confirm not working. I can reflash the img's in question from the leak zip... but I'm still on the .173 or .181 system.img... so no boot. Just figured I'd let you'll know. I've also attempted to modify the leak zip to flash the new system files... and of coarse fails verification. If there was an ICS system.img floating around I think we would be golden...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users