xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

So now everyone is trying to do what I have been trying to do one week ago? You guys gotta catch up :)

I was thinking, .181 boot.img and cdt.bin, and .85 dev_tree.bin and system.

But we'll have to design it the OTA way using WinMerge and .75 OTA vs .85 OTA.

There's lots of lines of code that needs to be changed, specially for cdt.bin but we can just use .75 cdt.bin, renamed to one of the .85s (8g, 16g) so devtree.bin works.

Kabeesh?

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#142 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

So now everyone is trying to do what I have been trying to do one week ago? You guys gotta catch up

I was thinking, .181 boot.img and cdt.bin, and .85 dev_tree.bin and system.

But we'll have to design it the OTA way using WinMerge and .75 OTA vs .85 OTA.

There's lots of lines of code that needs to be changed, specially for cdt.bin but we can just use .75 cdt.bin, renamed to one of the .85s (8g, 16g) so devtree.bin works.

Kabeesh?

I too have been thinking about the same for awhile myself but no test phone to try it on....the cdt8g has the exact code as the gb cdt.bin in all otas....the 16g has the same code but also contains a few more lines of code.....so im thinking 16g is our main culprit...... maybe rename 16g to just cdt.bin and replace the one from .181 in the fastboot file?

X

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#143 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

I am not sure which one is used, but i found the update script in the .85 ota and .75 ota and there is a script that deciphers which cdt.bin to use on the .85 and renames it to cdt.bin. Hence, we can use use old cdt.bin from .75 and use the old code in the new update script of .85. I am thinking about creating a drop box account for this process so i can have some collaboration on this. Maybe Drive since it has more security.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads

#144 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

I am not sure which one is used, but i found the update script in the .85 ota and .75 ota and there is a script that deciphers which cdt.bin to use on the .85 and renames it to cdt.bin. Hence, we can use use old cdt.bin from .75 and use the old code in the new update script of .85. I am thinking about creating a drop box account for this process so i can have some collaboration on this. Maybe Drive since it has more security.

X

Also if we use the old cdt.bin, we would have to use the old bootloader as well. But this is where issues supposedly arise but the vets should be able to comment on that.

#145 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Also if we use the old cdt.bin, we would have to use the old bootloader as well. But this is where issues supposedly arise but the vets should be able to comment on that.

Anywho, I am going to get started on this after today. Big dance recital for the fam, and I need to focus on that. Then I might try with the above projections. By the end of the day today we should have some more ideas and comments going on to what will and wont work.

X

#146 StealthFox13

StealthFox13

Gen. Member (Subject to change)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx (Refurb), Galaxy Note 10.1

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Ok so i tried going back to .173 from .84 again and it did not work. is this what i do to get rid of my funk and get a working phone again? (nOObing it up again)
Posted Image

#147 kboss805

kboss805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Google+:kevin.bossoletti

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ok so i tried going back to .173 from .84 again and it did not work. is this what i do to get rid of my funk and get a working phone again? (nOObing it up again)

Can you provide some details on the errors you received?

#148 StealthFox13

StealthFox13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

locked at the boot animation. when i run utility it tells me that cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery, and cdrom all say INFOPreflash validation failure
Posted Image

#149 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

locked at the boot animation. when i run utility it tells me that cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery, and cdrom all say INFOPreflash validation failure

Yes, they will. You have to upgrade to 84/85 from the Recovery... read the OP.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#150 StealthFox13

StealthFox13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

so will this work with utility 1.42?
Posted Image

#151 thearchie

thearchie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:thearchie32@gmail.com
  • Locationspanaway

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hey whats up...Im glad you came up with this process. I need the Blur_Version.6.14.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip. It was taken off the site due to everyone bricking. Thats the file I need to complete the process. I already ran the phone through the utility and Im just stuck in trying to get the right blur version. I have the 6.12.181 and I keep getting errors. Is there still a way to get the Blur_Version.6.14.181.XT912? Well let me know and thanks again.

#152 kboss805

kboss805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hey whats up...Im glad you came up with this process. I need the Blur_Version.6.14.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip. It was taken off the site due to everyone bricking. Thats the file I need to complete the process. I already ran the phone through the utility and Im just stuck in trying to get the right blur version. I have the 6.12.181 and I keep getting errors. Is there still a way to get the Blur_Version.6.14.181.XT912? Well let me know and thanks again.

Goto the following thread:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

At the end are the files you are looking for.

#153 kboss805

kboss805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

so will this work with utility 1.42?

Read through the first post. But the easiest way is to use Matts v1. 6 utility to get to a pseudo .181. Then you can OTA to 6.14.84 from the recovery console

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#154 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

I was bored tonight so i decided to go ahead and see if my device was one of the few lucky ones that could fastboot with rsd. Of course like many others rsd failed at step 6. However, instead of looking for a solution to fix my now sift bricked phone i decided to play tech dr and figure it out on my own. And...my phone is back up and running like normal with root. It was sooooo much easier than this thread described.

Here is what i did.

Once i was soft bricked, i powered phone off. Pressed both volume buttons while powering on to bring me back to the menu with recovery, ap fastboot, etc. Then i simply moved down to the second to last option that said something like "HW....AP BOOT". Selected this and let the phone do its thing and it repaired itself. I am back to normal and still have my root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#155 TwoBuells

TwoBuells

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

I was bored tonight so i decided to go ahead and see if my device was one of the few lucky ones that could fastboot with rsd. Of course like many others rsd failed at step 6. However, instead of looking for a solution to fix my now sift bricked phone i decided to play tech dr and figure it out on my own. And...my phone is back up and running like normal with root. It was sooooo much easier than this thread described.

Here is what i did.

Once i was soft bricked, i powered phone off. Pressed both volume buttons while powering on to bring me back to the menu with recovery, ap fastboot, etc. Then i simply moved down to the second to last option that said something like "HW....AP BOOT". Selected this and let the phone do its thing and it repaired itself. I am back to normal and still have my root.

did it take the phone back to 6.14.84?
Better to be a Racer for a moment, Than a Spectator for a lifetime.

#156 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Just asking for any info and updates on getting us unstuck from .84/.85 and back on path? Any progress?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#157 20ripley

20ripley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

works great thanks to everbody to make it happen will i ever be back on upgrade path

#158 Guest_ezcats_*

Guest_ezcats_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Here is what i did.

what version did this take you back to?

#159 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Im curious as well.....

#160 0rion_black

0rion_black

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:0rion_black
  • Google+:busablack
  • LocationUnion, NJ

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Yeah this works great.. I softbricked today and this had me up and running in about 20mins..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users