28 replies to this topic

#21 sakana

sakana

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

So far I have found that the JellyHaters ROM has the best battery of all that ive tried.  Gone over a day with medium use on it.  My only complaint on it is after a couple weeks it seemed to get a little laggy, and its 98.72.8 not .16 based, and so I went on a search for others.

#22 Raulg

Raulg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

The best rom and biggest battery difference has been the official cm 10.1 7/28 nightly rom with jelly bean 4.2.2.

I tried the pacman rom...rage rom... blurry... and another one cant remember the name...

All of these had some lag in them except CM 10.2 7//28 nightly.  It is super smooth and I noticed my battery was better with it.

The second best for me was the blurry rom.   That one is nice and it comes with built in ad blocker and music eq's and it looks really nice.  Only thing was that it would lag on me sometimes which I didnt like.

So yeah try the  CM 10.1 7/28 nightly rom.  Everything has worked for me on it.  GPS, Wifi, 4g, bluetooth have all worked for me.

• aneeshmbabu likes this

#23 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

The best rom and biggest battery difference has been the official cm 10.1 7/28 nightly rom with jelly bean 4.2.2.

I tried the pacman rom...rage rom... blurry... and another one cant remember the name...

All of these had some lag in them except CM 10.2 7//28 nightly. It is super smooth and I noticed my battery was better with it.

The second best for me was the blurry rom. That one is nice and it comes with built in ad blocker and music eq's and it looks really nice. Only thing was that it would lag on me sometimes which I didnt like.

So yeah try the CM 10.1 7/28 nightly rom. Everything has worked for me on it. GPS, Wifi, 4g, bluetooth have all worked for me.

I tried 7/28 nightly but had problems with the sound intermittently working. Like after a reboot it will work fine but later on down the line when I leave it alone for a while I would notice the notification light on because I got a text but never got the notification sound. When I go check into settings>sound and try to click on the sounds I could not hear anything. This is the same for ringtones, notification sounds, and also alarm sounds. Did you have any problems like this?

#24 aneeshmbabu

aneeshmbabu

passionate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

kindly tell me how to install nightly build pls tell me the procedure for that and where I get gapps for that...

#25 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

kindly tell me how to install nightly build pls tell me the procedure for that and where I get gapps for that...

You install them just like any other ROM.  Wipe, flash ROM, flash GAPPs.  Latest GAPPs are on GOO.im.

• aneeshmbabu likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#26 velles2003

velles2003

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):RZR MAXX xt912

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

man,

i'm sick of Safe strap!

i just wanna flash one freaking ROM over stock!

(but i'm to scared to do that)

i tried all of them!

stock just feels better! with better batt life, snapier response and so on.

like yesterday i've installed Eclipse (which previously loved)- total bs: laggy, stutter, batt life exceptionally good though!

1. question:

on xt912 maxx verizon 98.72.16 can u flash something on stock without bricking?

2'nd question: when installing one rom (say my case Eclipse) i started with batt at 96% but when booted came at 76% so i put it to charge. it dischared normally till 30%, lasted like 36hrs. is 100% on one rom equall to 100 on another or what?

it's something fishy i tell u!

#27 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

2'nd question: when installing one rom (say my case Eclipse) i started with batt at 96% but when booted came at 76% so i put it to charge. it dischared normally till 30%, lasted like 36hrs. is 100% on one rom equall to 100 on another or what?

it's something fishy i tell u!

this happened to me too. AOKP ROM showed different percentage than CM10 after a reboot. Not sure what's going on

#28 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Basically the battery needs to be calibrated ..... run the battery down until it croakes LOL ..... then leave powered off and plug into a wall charger.... allow to charge about an hour past 100%... repeat ..... then battery should be calibrated and then display properly ... telekinetically tapped, tenaciously traversing the terrain ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#29 Raulg

Raulg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

I tried 7/28 nightly but had problems with the sound intermittently working. Like after a reboot it will work fine but later on down the line when I leave it alone for a while I would notice the notification light on because I got a text but never got the notification sound. When I go check into settings>sound and try to click on the sounds I could not hear anything. This is the same for ringtones, notification sounds, and also alarm sounds. Did you have any problems like this?

I have not had any sound problems.  As soon as I updated to one of the newer nightly's my sound was gone.  Restarted my phone and it came back.  Everything is working perfect for me now.

You should try cleaning cache and dalvik ... that might help.  If not I would reflash it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users