Photo

[Cdma Razr][Ics Leaks .84-.85] [Rom] Simplexrom - Droidrazr - System Build 6.14.84(5/10/12) | 6.14.75(5/19/12)

rom ics razor

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#201 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I think its because you are trying to go from gingerbread to this rom. you can't do that. at least that's what I understood from all your posts.

looked like it to me as well. That's why I'm trying to get an understanding of what he's attempting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#202 Razrlover

Razrlover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

I was trying to download 75 rom I was told i needed to be on 181. So i tried to uninstall recovery then take 181 ota. That happened but lost root. Rerooted tried to install and brick, black screen.

Fastboot back to 173. Reroot wipe everything install bootstrap tried to flash rom rooted 173 bootstrap brick again. I really wanted to try your rom but I have never bricked twice in 24hrs on the same rom?

Correction your rom for 175 is what i was trying to flash

#203 Razrlover

Razrlover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

I was on B21 Axiom Kang Akop. I was on 173 kernel and a ics rom so i guess that what did it.

I am really knew at this and my Mr. Miagi moved to another city

Daniel got his as.. kicked

#204 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

I was on B21 Axiom Kang Akop. I was on 173 kernel and a ics rom so i guess that what did it.

I am really knew at this and my Mr. Miagi moved to another city

Daniel got his as.. kicked

Again, that would be a gingerbread-based "ics" rom. This is for those stuck on the actual ICS .84 leak, which you can't move off of so.....

#205 darkspector

darkspector

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

I just fastbooted .181 and loaded this rom... and I've just got a black screen... brick? Do I need to load another rom before this one? Just need a stable release

#206 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

I just fastbooted .181 and loaded this rom... and I've just got a black screen... brick? Do I need to load another rom before this one? Just need a stable release

This is for the .84 leak only... but I would not recommend loading .84 as you cannot return from it at the moment

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#207 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Lol do you even read OPs or titles?

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#208 darkspector

darkspector

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

Sure I do, but I don't see anywhere that it you cannot flash this to upgrade from a GB ROM. Would you like to quote the title or somewhere in the OP that says that?

#209 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Sure I do, but I don't see anywhere that it you cannot flash this to upgrade from a GB ROM. Would you like to quote the title or somewhere in the OP that says that?

Huh?? From thread title:

System Build 6.14.84

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#210 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

I do also mention its kinda " for the people that are stuck on 6.14.84 "... youll need to use Matts utility to rewrite your system partition.

#211 civichater

civichater

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Okay, need some help. I just sold my RAZR maxx on. 84 to my buddy running this rom. I wiped data on it before I gave it to him and he was complaining about not being able to answer calls and he lost the notification bar. I told him to re flash their rom that was saved on their internal memory and he is stuck now. hezays their moto logo shows up and then just a black screen. Any idea what's up or how to get back to clockwork?
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

#212 footballbmb9

footballbmb9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

I assume that if he is getting that black screen he would need to use kboss' restore for. 84. So he would need to download the. 84 and put it on his external sd card. Then use Matts RAZR utility to flash. 181. After it fails let the phone reboot to said black screen again then hold down the power and bottom volume buttons until the screen flashes. Right after the screen flashes immediately hold down both volume buttons unroll the stock boot menu appears. Select recovery and the phone will boot into the stock recovery. Wipe the cache and select flash from external sd and select the. 84 ota that he put on the external sd card. The phone will go through the flashing process and probably fail. After it fails select reboot and then go through the process again to get into the stock recovery. Wipe the cache again and then flash the ota once more. The process should work this time and he will be in stock. 84 again. After reboot if he did not retain root use one of the Ics Leak rooting methods to regain root. After obtaining root again if it were me I would go ahead and download the RAZR bootstrapper and install the clockwork on boot mod so then phone will boot into clockwork on each boot. Then he can flash the simplex ROM if he wishes or just debloat the phone himself if he knows how.

#213 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Wow do you people take time to read anything ?

#214 footballbmb9

footballbmb9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Haha apparently not lol

#215 Razrlover

Razrlover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Not sure if everyone is interpreting what they read the way it is intended. At some point we have to think maybe something isn't clear in in the Op

Just seems like too many people are suffering the same mistake. Especially noobs like me. Please no disrespect to anyone or personal attack. Thanks

#216 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

The OP is pretty clear. Its in the title. I note that it is built for those stuck on the leak such as myself. Additional i mention above the download link to not flash the leak just to use this rom! I honestly don't know how I could make it more clear... some are gonna skip over some of the important information... that's just how it is. The important thing is... if someone does happen to make a mistake and flash this over a system build that its not intended for... they are not bricked. They can restore!

#217 civichater

civichater

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:28 AM

I assume that if he is getting that black screen he would need to use kboss' restore for. 84. So he would need to download the. 84 and put it on his external sd card. Then use Matts RAZR utility to flash. 181. After it fails let the phone reboot to said black screen again then hold down the power and bottom volume buttons until the screen flashes. Right after the screen flashes immediately hold down both volume buttons unroll the stock boot menu appears. Select recovery and the phone will boot into the stock recovery. Wipe the cache and select flash from external sd and select the. 84 ota that he put on the external sd card. The phone will go through the flashing process and probably fail. After it fails select reboot and then go through the process again to get into the stock recovery. Wipe the cache again and then flash the ota once more. The process should work this time and he will be in stock. 84 again. After reboot if he did not retain root use one of the Ics Leak rooting methods to regain root. After obtaining root again if it were me I would go ahead and download the RAZR bootstrapper and install the clockwork on boot mod so then phone will boot into clockwork on each boot. Then he can flash the simplex ROM if he wishes or just debloat the phone himself if he knows how.

This worked out perfect. Thanks so much for your help.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

#218 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hey X anymore updates for us crackflashers :D

#219 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

The devs make things pretty cut and dry in things they post. The problem is people are too quick to want to try to flash something. The OP clearly states this rom is for those stuck on the .84 ics leak. period. then people are trying to flash from GB or GB-based roms and wonder why things don't work. It has nothing to do with the clearness of OPs. It has everything to do with people taking 10 minutes to read material and do a little research before downloading and flashing something. Its great that people on this site are willing the help out those with issues, but if people took a few minutes to read first, there wouldn't be these "i flashed this over GB now I have a black screen" issues. When an OP says "this is for those stuck on the ics leak" and then someone says "i just fastbooted to .181 can i flash this?" they clearly don't understand the situation and shouldn't be flashing anything. This isn't a personal attack unless you screwed up because you didn't take 5 minutes to read something.

#220 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

The devs make things pretty cut and dry in things they post. The problem is people are too quick to want to try to flash something. The OP clearly states this rom is for those stuck on the .84 ics leak. period. then people are trying to flash from GB or GB-based roms and wonder why things don't work. It has nothing to do with the clearness of OPs. It has everything to do with people taking 10 minutes to read material and do a little research before downloading and flashing something. Its great that people on this site are willing the help out those with issues, but if people took a few minutes to read first, there wouldn't be these "i flashed this over GB now I have a black screen" issues. When an OP says "this is for those stuck on the ics leak" and then someone says "i just fastbooted to .181 can i flash this?" they clearly don't understand the situation and shouldn't be flashing anything. This isn't a personal attack unless you screwed up because you didn't take 5 minutes to read something.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rom, ics, razor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users