Photo

Official Get .84/.85 Razrs Back On Path Thread (Updated 5/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#381 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Damn, you both got good deals. I just don't trust ebay enough because i was afraid i would end up with someone else's phone stuck in .84 or .85 so i went and paid full price for a maxx.

Now i have the og RAZR stuck on .85 that is my experimental phone seeing if anything will get it back. If it gets completely jacked, no big deal. But if by some miracle i can fix it in the next two weeks, i can take my $700 maxx back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Ya id take that 700$ maxx back, buy one on swappa or ebay, (or mine) then sell your. 84 og razr and youll probly end up being bout 100 or 150 in on a maxx. Someone will take that. 84 razr. Clean esn phone for 2 or 250 is better than a 2 year contract or 650 outrite. Just my opinion

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#382 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Obly files that wont flash correctly are:

Devtree
Cdrom
Cdt.bin
Boot.img
Recovery.img

I need help with something but it maybe as simple as a linux command that I do not know. I need to the know the symlink of where Devtree.bin connects to in the phone under /dev/block/. Once I have this location I can stop the Moto's Security Preflash Invalidation Error (pretty sure).

Can someone assist?
Edit: If there is no symlink, is there a way I can extract data from an .img file?

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#383 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

I need help with something but it maybe as simple as a linux command that I do not know. I need to the know the symlink of where Devtree.bin connects to in the phone under /dev/block/. Once I have this location I can stop the Moto's Security Preflash Invalidation Error (pretty sure).

Can someone assist?
Edit: If there is no symlink, is there a way I can extract data from an .img file?

X

You cannot remove those pre-flash validation errors, we got a lovely locked bootloader and that's why you are getting those.

Also, if you want to look inside some .img files for the Razr use this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#384 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

You cannot remove those pre-flash validation errors, we got a lovely locked bootloader and that's why you are getting those.

Also, if you want to look inside some .img files for the Razr use this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Devtree is the last one that I can't remove because I don't know where it is setup in the phone.

Thanks for the tool tho.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#385 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

This is probably a stupid question but what would happen if I tried to flash a Gingerbread rom, like Eclipse or whatever to my stuck .84 phone? Would I just get an install error?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#386 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

Idk about an install error but you would deff soft brick

Sent from my ICS Leak RAZR
Posted Image

#387 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

hmm, I wonder what would then happen if I tried to fastboot

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#388 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

Devtree is the last one that I can't remove because I don't know where it is setup in the phone.

Thanks for the tool tho.

X

Im starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#389 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

I hope something comes from all this

#390 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Quick idea here....i was playing around on my Linux system in fastboot mode. I had the xml file from the 181 fastboot file open as a guide and proceeded to try and manually go back to 181. Well after flashing mbm and such in the beginning
My bootloader is now back as oa6c .....anyways failed at cdt.bin as expected..... why cant we use the fastboot command to erase both cdt partitions (8g&16g) and the flash the cdt.bin from 181? Shouldn't fastboot erase command remove both those partitions?

#391 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Nevermind lol i see lightwaver is working on something to take care of it.....pre validation errors.... which is what i got....lol

#392 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Ya id take that 700$ maxx back, buy one on swappa or ebay, (or mine) then sell your. 84 og razr and youll probly end up being bout 100 or 150 in on a maxx. Someone will take that. 84 razr. Clean esn phone for 2 or 250 is better than a 2 year contract or 650 outrite. Just my opinion

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, took it back. I always end up in the dog house when I buy expensive toys on a whim.

For now I will just keep using my. 85 Razr and see what happens when the official ota eventually drops and if someone finds a way to get us unstuck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#393 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Well, at least we can only hope that when the actual ICS releases (some time this decade I hope) that some ICS fastboot files will come with it shortly after. And maybe, just maybe, we can use those to help us. Otherwise, I myself might have to think about ditching this phone. This whole locked bootloader thing is really starting to get to me, and I'm growing old and gray waiting for Moto to keep their promises. I unlocked a friends Evo 3D the other day and it was easy as pie. I don't know why Moto has to continue to hold us at gun point with their empty promises.

#394 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

Has anybody tried to replace the cdt.bin from the 181 fb file with the one from the leaks and fastbooting with rsd? Should I be the guinea pig?

#395 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

Has anybody tried to replace the cdt.bin from the 181 fb file with the one from the leaks and fastbooting with rsd? Should I be the guinea pig?

Yes you should. I am not near a PC to fix my mistake

#396 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Well, at least we can only hope that when the actual ICS releases (some time this decade I hope) that some ICS fastboot files will come with it shortly after. And maybe, just maybe, we can use those to help us. Otherwise, I myself might have to think about ditching this phone. This whole locked bootloader thing is really starting to get to me, and I'm growing old and gray waiting for Moto to keep their promises. I unlocked a friends Evo 3D the other day and it was easy as pie. I don't know why Moto has to continue to hold us at gun point with their empty promises.

For one its there internal policy & always has been going back to dumbphones. Secondly they are held hostage by VZW on the bootloader as well. And yes its a long long story which I can't really go into in public anyways. But the odds of us EVER seeing an unlocked bootlaoder are slim to none currently. My personal guess is nothing will change at least until Google owns them at some point and starts doing things the way they want it done.

#397 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

For one its there internal policy & always has been going back to dumbphones. Secondly they are held hostage by VZW on the bootloader as well. And yes its a long long story which I can't really go into in public anyways. But the odds of us EVER seeing an unlocked bootlaoder are slim to none currently. My personal guess is nothing will change at least until Google owns them at some point and starts doing things the way they want it done.

Which hopefully isn't very far away since China finally signed off on the deal.

#398 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Real quick..... after manually trying to go back to 181 from 84 i stopped after the cdt preflash failure....now my phone works fine but everytime i shutdown or reboot the bootloader pops up with flash failure and i have to reboot into the bootloader and boot from there.....annoying but phone works fine..... anyone know a fix?

#399 branshaw09

branshaw09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:branshaw09

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

I bit the bullet and ended up buying a new Razr this weekend. My question is would you guys wait until there is a fix to sell my old one or should I throw it up on swappa or something anyway and just make a bold statement about it's condition and state. I'd sell it for what I bought my brand new razr for which was $200.

#400 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

Try reinstalling .84 from moto recovery.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users