Photo

Official Get .84/.85 Razrs Back On Path Thread (Updated 5/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#421 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'm not anything, but I think very logically. With that in mind, and considering the thread topic, have at this:

So, now that all the stuck ones can go up, and eventually leave GB for good and be solely on ICS, are we done? I kinda feel the need to keep working on an ICS2GB method.

Essentially, whatever version your boot.img is, you can install (by force) whatever build that the boot.img is from. If you are on .84, and you want to go to .85, you would have to patch .181GB-boot.img with .85ICSboot.img.p, flash new boot.img, proceed with recovery (by force) of .85. .84 cannot go to .85 and vice versa unless you issue a new boot.img.p patch off of original .181GB-boot.img and then proceed with that ota version recovery install correct?

Now, if u wanted to go backwards, is this where the CDT.bin file would prevent you from doing that? Because if we fastboot a .181 boot.img, it seems to take fine correct? The only issues are cdt.bin, devtree, cdrom, and recovery.

So since we successfully bypassed the CDT.bin preflash validation by copying (DD) a .181GB mmcblk1p18 to (whatever version of ICS leak you're on), rebooting in to fastboot, and flashing old cdt.bin, no issue arrises.

Now, once at that stage when we (by force) fastboot .181 GB files on after replacing cdt.bin, we receive customer ID error on boots, but cdt.bin is flashed, so customer id error keeps popping up because of the other 3 partitions being mismatched (devtree, cdrom, recovery?) I'm thinking out loud...

So, we if DD .181 cdt.bin (p18) along with recovery, devtree, and cdrom, reboot into fastboot, would the .181 fastboot files then be able to pass preflash validation? At that stage, force OTA update of .181GB over passed validated partitions, and then we would have a full 181 OTA install?

I understand the concept of having a locked bootloader, but when we DD these images out of .181GB, wouldn't these images retain their signature? Phew, that's a lot of typing, and then again, thinking out loud.

X

That thing about being logical is an understatement!! This makes a tremendous amount of sense to me... and I think you're onto exactly what we're looking for.

Since, even with a locked bootloader, we're able to successfully copy the cdt.bin to bypass the preflash validation, then it would certainly stand to reason that dd-ing the other blocks similarly would have similar effects on bypassing preflash validation for those blocks as well.

[ what path? ]

There is only one way to find out if it would work. And that is to keep working on it.

#422 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

You guys... are geniuses. Thanks...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#423 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

When was the last time you saw so many folks dying to get Gingerbread on their phones? LOL
  • spollock likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#424 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

When was the last time you saw so many folks dying to get Gingerbread on their phones? LOL

When the Nexus S came out w GB and all of the crackflashers on the OG Droid went nuts lol

I tried a ton of GB ROMs for the DROID but ultimately I stuck with Sourcery. It was unbeatable for the OG droid

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#425 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Ah, I never had an OG Droid, I did have an X and I remember being stoked when Froyo came through it was like the day Kennedy got shot, or 9/11 ... I can still remember where I was

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#426 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

^^^^ Oh how that brings back old memories when I had access to all the Froyo & GB files long before it was ever public for the D1, D2, D2g, Pro, and X. I still actually miss my X tho. Was lucky to get an unlocked bootloader version in silver with a carbon fiber back. Was badass looking

#427 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

^^^^ Oh how that brings back old memories when I had access to all the Froyo & GB files long before it was ever public for the D1, D2, D2g, Pro, and X. I still actually miss my X tho. Was lucky to get an unlocked bootloader version in silver with a carbon fiber back. Was badass looking

Good times :) I remember froyo too... I was like WHAAAAAA you mean we get a new dockbar??? Haha oh how things have gotten complex... I was a total n00b when I started and now I feel like I've got a pretty decent grasp on Android :)

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#428 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

Good times :) I remember froyo too... I was like WHAAAAAA you mean we get a new dockbar??? Haha oh how things have gotten complex... I was a total n00b when I started and now I feel like I've got a pretty decent grasp on Android :)

[ what path? ]

lol....... yeah life was easy back in those days. Even more so when I constantly was getting unsecured bootloader device so I could flash anything I wanted to the device. And getting the files i needed as well as stuff not public was pretty dam sweet as well. Heck I've had devices that never went public. One of which they were totally stupid not releasing but we won't go there.

#429 jerkwad

jerkwad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

lol....... yeah life was easy back in those days. Even more so when I constantly was getting unsecured bootloader device so I could flash anything I wanted to the device. And getting the files i needed as well as stuff not public was pretty dam sweet as well. Heck I've had devices that never went public. One of which they were totally stupid not releasing but we won't go there.

So what do you do now? Know anybody with the keys to the (bootloader) castle? Lol jk! Don't answer that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#430 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

So what do you do now? Know anybody with the keys to the (bootloader) castle? Lol jk! Don't answer that. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LOL..... its best I don't answer that for sure. It would stir up trouble that is not needed. Fact is the odds of the bootlaoder ever being cracked the way we'd want it are slim to none. So no one should ever get there hopes up it will happen. and trust me it has been tried. I have a couple of devices on my desk at hope that are hard bricked with no returning to working status ever. Not even Moto can fix them at this point they are junk.

As for now i just wheel and deal to get devices on trade swap and stuff. Haven't bought direct from VZW in yrs, and I won't buy direct from Moto either.

#431 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

Well, looks like Batman saved Gotham. From the looks of it, people are able to upgrade from .84/.85 to .206 now...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#432 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Doesn't put us back on the path though... Thread should probably be renamed to "Official Get .206 Razrs Back On Path Thread" now that most everyone is hopping off the 84/85 train. :-P

#433 ralphie0108

ralphie0108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Matts new utility will help us once the official update comes out. So it's kind of a fix.

#434 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

Doesn't put us back on the path though... Thread should probably be renamed to "Official Get .206 Razrs Back On Path Thread" now that most everyone is hopping off the 84/85 train. :-P

This basically does get us back on path because if this isn't the official then we can use the same method to get to the official.

• MkVsTheWorld likes this
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#435 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

This basically does get us back on path because if this isn't the official then we can use the same method to get to the official.

I agree and you beat me to it. The significance of the ability to move from .84 to almost any subsequent build shows that when the official OTA does eventually come out, people will be able to get back on path. Hopefully, Motorola doesn't throw yet another curveball. However, I'd doubt such a change this late in the development.

Who knows, maybe .206 is the official OTA. I stayed on .75 so I don't know how well the build quality is. I hate to say it again, but I'm thinking that upgrading to an official ICS build is going to be the most feasible over trying to go back to GB. "Downwards is the only way forwards..."

Edited by MkVsTheWorld, 24 May 2012 - 10:14 AM.

Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#436 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

I would not count on that being a for sure thing. Moto has tendency to throw curveballs at us all the time. And in a case like this and the way the leaks are gotten it would NOT surprise me one bit if they did do that to all you folks who are in theory off path right now.

#437 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Anyone have a deodexed version of .206 so a % bat mod can be worked on?

• lownslow200sx likes this
Posted Image

#438 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Its a work in progress... I'd expect DJ to have to done pretty soon.

#439 squiggie

squiggie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

Edit: No idea wtf just happened...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users