itbedave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:itbedave@gmail.com
  • LocationMonroe, OH
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hello again- well, a few months later and Greenify doesn't help much anymore. I've put up with it for too long and it's time to wipe and start over.

I'm rooted running Safestrap 3.11. I'm having total memory loss right now because I've been away from the forum so long - so please indulge me on the best way to wipe my phone and get everything setup again without losing root. I've already got it backed up with TiBU to SD and cloud. 

I'm looking at Aviator Blur, but am open to other suggestions. I know recommendations can change quickly - so if there's anything new out you guys would suggest, I'm open.

Thanks in advance!

#22 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

I would say, a full FXZ and wipe of storage(s) will help you out..... use Sam's House of Moto, Matt's utility, or RSDlite to wipe the phone and go back to stock..... from there you can root, safestrap, and install the ROM of your choice..... go here....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for instructions on wiping your storages if you are not clear in how to do it....:)
  • itbedave, Ahowe125 and Sinju33 like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#23 Ahowe125

Ahowe125

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Twitter:Ahowe125
  • Google+:Aaron Howe
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW HTC One, Nexus 7

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

I would say, a full FXZ and wipe of storage(s) will help you out..... use Sam's House of Moto, Matt's utility, or RSDlite to wipe the phone and go back to stock..... from there you can root, safestrap, and install the ROM of your choice..... go here....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for instructions on wiping your storages if you are not clear in how to do it....:)

Thanks, I was going to be doing this tonight to my Razr Maxx to get it ready for Swappa.com. Always good to have a refresher. Time to sell the trusty Razr now that I upgraded to the unlockable HTC One. :-)

Sent from my Verizon GPE HTC One via Tapatalk

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on Eclipse v1.2 GPE Port |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4 |

#24 itbedave

itbedave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMonroe, OH

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for the tips! I'm sure it will all come back to me once I start the process. I've always been on the stock OTA 4.1.2 - never had the quality time to mess with anything else - but willing to look around now that I've got to do this anyway.

I used Matt's last time and chatted with him quite a bit because I'm on a Mac. Never could get it to work right, but that's been over a year ago. Hoping things will go easier this time.

#25 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Thanks for the tips! I'm sure it will all come back to me once I start the process. I've always been on the stock OTA 4.1.2 - never had the quality time to mess with anything else - but willing to look around now that I've got to do this anyway.

I used Matt's last time and chatted with him quite a bit because I'm on a Mac. Never could get it to work right, but that's been over a year ago. Hoping things will go easier this time.

If its been over a year for you then you will find that a couple things have changed.... there is a new version of the utility, (which still operates the same) ...and there is also Sam's House of Moto......you should have no trouble using either..... :) just remember, we are here, and to ask before doing something you are unsure of...:)
  • itbedave and Sinju33 like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#26 itbedave

itbedave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMonroe, OH

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

That's why I love this community - thanks!

• johnthehillbilly, livinginkaos and Sinju33 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users