#41 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

I completely understand where he is coming from as well and wish him all the best at getting back on his feet. On top of that, I would gladly donate money for your time spent making this theme and donate a little more to see it get completed.. Your work is second to none and I would donate to any theme you have made even if i couldnt run it on my phone.

man, you should not have to donate anymore that you already have.. Thach is def my BIGgest supporter and is where the bulk of my donations have come from.. He has donated numerous time AND bought many of my themes...

I guess thats what i don't understand.. There are just a handful of people that continually dontate then the other thousand people don't donate anything. not even a pat on the back! its so discouraging..

BUT like i said.. if i didnt need the money my mindset would probably be completely different. But right now i consider this a side job and if my side job only make a fraction of what it should be, then why do it? My market theme's are much more rewarding and will be what i stick to for now. I love my android community by putting out these free root themes, but only a handful show me they appreciate it.. the other might as well spit in my face :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

man, you should not have to donate anymore that you already have.. Thach is def my BIGgest supporter and is where the bulk of my donations have come from.. He has donated numerous time AND bought many of my themes...

I guess thats what i don't understand.. There are just a handful of people that continually dontate then the other thousand people don't donate anything. not even a pat on the back! its so discouraging..

BUT like i said.. if i didnt need the money my mindset would probably be completely different. But right now i consider this a side job and if my side job only make a fraction of what it should be, then why do it? My market theme's are much more rewarding and will be what i stick to for now. I love my android community by putting out these free root themes, but only a handful show me they appreciate it.. the other might as well spit in my face

Hey when I find a product that I like and believe in, I will do anything I have to do to keep it up and running. Especially this theme, I have been watching this sucker since the day you posted it. I would donate $50 bucks a month to ya to see this completed. Donations are my way of showing my appreciation for something that I use. Roms, themes, this site. Its all the same to me. Some people spend money on beer, car parts, sports, whatever their hobby is to keep it going. My phone is my hobby and the people that make the roms and themes are my store where I go to. This is just my way of thinking though. Some say I was dropped a lot when I was a kid. Truth is I tried bungie jumping off a 30ft bridge with a 100ft cord lmao.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk
  • Bignadad likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#43 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

Hey when I find a product that I like and believe in, I will do anything I have to do to keep it up and running. Especially this theme, I have been watching this sucker since the day you posted it. I would donate $50 bucks a month to ya to see this completed. Donations are my way of showing my appreciation for something that I use. Roms, themes, this site. Its all the same to me. Some people spend money on beer, car parts, sports, whatever their hobby is to keep it going. My phone is my hobby and the people that make the roms and themes are my store where I go to. This is just my way of thinking though. Some say I was dropped a lot when I was a kid. Truth is I tried bungie jumping off a 30ft bridge with a 100ft cord lmao.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk

Just your support and kind words almost make me want to do this theme... Don't count me out just yet.. I'm still taking a break now but maybe when i get back into it (hopefully in the next week or so) ill start by doing this theme ;) I can't thank you enough for you support Thach

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 deathstolas

deathstolas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:deathstolas1982
  • Google+:deathstolas@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania... well most of the time

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

I would absolutely love to have this theme. And would definately donate to have it. I donate to alot of devs , including matt ans his uber utility. And to this site etc. Between my phone and my wife's phone we have bought all of your red and pink market themes for adw. Had I realized that you were doing this as a second job I would have donated directly too you. I would love to see this theme come together and would gladly donate 50 bucks. I have been a fan of your themes since the Droid x. Especially the pink one, because if I hadn't put it on my wife's phone she wouldn't have let me play with my phone so much.
  • Bignadad likes this
If I were you and you were me, would I be you or me?

#45 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

Just your support and kind words almost make me want to do this theme... Don't count me out just yet.. I'm still taking a break now but maybe when i get back into it (hopefully in the next week or so) ill start by doing this theme I can't thank you enough for you support Thach

I can understand needing a break. Everyone needs to take a little step back once in a while to collect themselves and relax. Once you are back, if ya need any help with anything just let me know. I don't know a lot but am willing to learn and help out where I can.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk
  • andlaw likes this

#46 ardeleon09

ardeleon09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:shadowdroidx
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

I hear you on taking a break Big I've been out of the scene since I had to return my razr so have been back on my DX where I still love and use your themes. Now that I am getting a razr again time to get back in the game. Before I didn't have any cash to spare being a full time student but now that I am working I'll donate for all you have done for the DX and now the razr. In all honesty your support for this devices was one of my huge factors in choosing the razr. Again thank you for all that you have done and will do. You are an inspiration to look into theming for me and I have tried but failed but will try again soon.
  • Bignadad likes this

#47 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Which image does everyone like better? the first i posted or second?

I am not trying to sound money hungry, but if people were willing to donate and i could actually make some money building the theme i would be very intrigued to start on this and have it out in a couple/few weeks... Just couldnt see doing it for a couple small donations..

1st
Posted Image

2nd
Posted Image
  • ardeleon09 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Also, i take it people want this theme for gingerbread? or ICS?

i have had ics on my razr for the past couple of months and not sure if i want to go back to gingerbread. but its whatever the masses want.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 deathstolas

deathstolas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:deathstolas1982
  • Google+:deathstolas@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania... well most of the time

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I prefer the first image it looks cleaner to me. As to the version.. well I currently am on stock rooted (will be on ics a little later today) maybe stock tomorrow.. definately would like to see this on ics though.
If I were you and you were me, would I be you or me?

#50 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

well the choice between 1 and 2 is hard. If I had to choose I would have to say 2 with 1s icons lmao. Looking close at each theme, I would pick 2 though. As far as GB or ICS, I guess it depends right now on what you think about updates and rom. With stock, you really only have to update if we get one With ICS you have to pick a rom and then think about the stability and speed at which they update.

#51 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

I like everything in the bottom version better except for the dock icons, love the ones in the first version.

:-D :-D

#52 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

I like everything in the bottom version better except for the dock icons, love the ones in the first version.

We be thinking the same way lol
Sent from my Droid Razr rocking the a frigging sweet pink bubble gum theme!!!!

#53 ardeleon09

ardeleon09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

I will have to say number 2 with 1's icons as well but a little less blur/glow effect on everything else such as the top bar since the dock icons have lesser of a glow to them on the 1st pic

#54 ardeleon09

ardeleon09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Also for which version this should be released for I would actually say ICS since we already have some of your themes to hold us over until we are finally able to run this marvelous piece of art

#55 alerazr

alerazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

The first one looks very original. Specially the icons, they look very sharp.I also like the metallic frame on the status bar.

#56 theBonVoyage

theBonVoyage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I got $25 on no. 1 .....well I got $25 on no. 2 as well but I'd prefer no. 1 :-) I'm not extremely find of all the in your face red of the second, I like the simplistic classiness of no. 1.
  • theBonVoyage likes this

#57 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

It really is hard to choose between the 2. They both have a unique look to them that make the theme desirable. Either way you go I am all in. I'll use whatever rom you make this for.

#58 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yeah i scrolled up and saw your response after i posted mine, great minds think alike.

Ill pay $20 and buy the dock, as long as there are 5 seats (including the app drawer seat) haha. If everyone buys a part or two of it we can help Bignad out and get a sick theme as a side effect.
  • Thach and andlaw like this

:-D :-D

#59 theBonVoyage

theBonVoyage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

You know I was looking at this thread on my phone last night when I posted about not being too fond of no. 2 but now that I'm at work on my pc I got a better look at it and no. 2 really is quite beautiful.

Big, you're f%$king awesome for even considering returning to this. Even your consideration is truly appreciated!
  • Thach and andlaw like this

#60 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

You know I was looking at this thread on my phone last night when I posted about not being too fond of no. 2 but now that I'm at work on my pc I got a better look at it and no. 2 really is quite beautiful.

Big, you're fucking awesome for even considering returning to this. Even your consideration is truly appreciated!

Yea its one thing to see the pics on the phone. But when you see them on the PC, you get a idea of just how detailed and awesome 2 actually is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users