#481 blankemail

blankemail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:blankemail

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Did you also install the drivers that came with the utility?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

see, i had moto drivers intalled on my computer from my old droid x, and i didn't need to reinstall them for the utility to work on .181 but i needed to update them to work with .79

ive got it rooted and have installed 4.04(aokp) successfully!

#482 dawg72

dawg72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYuma, Az

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm trying to download the leak but I'm lost about something. I downloaded the first file from the OP but the second file doesn't download anything when I click on it. It simply shows a number. Shouldn't there be a second file? The OP says to download both files to my cache folder but I can only download the one. CAN ANYONE HELP MY STUPID rear end? Thanks LOL

#483 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:laurasakura
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

I'm trying to download the leak but I'm lost about something. I downloaded the first file from the OP but the second file doesn't download anything when I click on it. It simply shows a number. Shouldn't there be a second file? The OP says to download both files to my cache folder but I can only download the one. CAN ANYONE HELP MY STUPID rear end? Thanks LOL

Right click and"save as" from computer.

DROID RAZR - running: .79 ICS leak
CDMA RAZR MAXX - Running Android 4.1.1 JB - CM10 Unofficial Alpha

#484 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

Battery stayed at 1% for hours last night. This morning after a reboot it's stuck at reading 100% battery. Any idea if this is an overall ICS problem, something with the RAZR, our just a quirk of the leaks that works ok in later versions? Thanks

#485 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Battery stayed at 1% for hours last night. This morning after a reboot it's stuck at reading 100% battery. Any idea if this is an overall ICS problem, something with the RAZR, our just a quirk of the leaks that works ok in later versions? Thanks

Battery level inconsistencies are a bug in the earlier ICS builds. It's a known problem. You might try a full shutdown and power-on cycle, that has been reported to help get it back to normal.

#486 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Ok thanks. I'll let the battery run completely dead a few times and only charge it when I can fully charge from 0-100%. Hopefully that will help. Part of me still wants to leap to a later leak, but I'll wait to see if the OTA gets released by the end of June.

#487 cr4k2k8

cr4k2k8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Successfully rooted/flashed this ICS leak on my razr maxx this morning. The phone has been running smoother on ICS than GB so far, although I haven't put it through my usual use yet as I'm still tweaking/poking aorund the new ICS settings and interface.

I used matt's 1.6 root application in Windows to get the root going on GB, then flashed the ICS rom provided in this post and used the ICS root from the same application. No problems here, everything upgraded nicely (once all the apps updated to their ICS counterparts).

Thanks a ton everyone!
DROID Razr Maxx - ICS 6.14.79

#488 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Matt's utility has helped me do so much with my RAZR that would otherwise have me pulling my hair out! I agree about the smoothness of ICS though. I can't imagine going back to GB

#489 Easymfe

Easymfe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

The .crc link is dead. Or am I totally missing something.

#490 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

The .crc link is dead. Or am I totally missing something.

Read six posts up...

#491 Easymfe

Easymfe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Read six posts up...

Genius:) Thank you

#492 dawg72

dawg72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYuma, Az

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

Thanks guys for the help. I got the image on there now. I have tried flashing per the instructions in the OP but it gets about 1/4 of the way through and then I get the triangle with the ! above the little green Andy. It just re-boots back to GB and thats that. What did I do wrong? Thanks again.

I just tried it using the utility that was posted and the same results. I am really confuzed now.

Edited by dawg72, 15 June 2012 - 02:47 AM.

#493 Razrburn

Razrburn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong: either a) there was something lingering on my phone like a bootstrap remnant or something that was confusing the stock recovery or B) I'm an idiot and have bad eyes and kept clicking deny when superuser was asking permission for rom manager.

I ended up brute forcing .79 on as follows:
from stock recovery, install zip from sd.
Install fails,
reboot into bricked black screen
reboot into stock recovery again, keep pressing buttons and ignoring the recovery missing error.
Eventually recovery starts, flashed zip again.
Install fails quickly.
Reboot into stock recovery once more
Wipe everything, user data, cache, davlik, windows, plates.
Install
Have nerdgasm when it said installing LTE
reboot
.79 boots up.

I'm not sure if the permissions thing was the problem for sure since I only noticed it after I rooted .79 and almost hit deny on the left thinking it was allow. I'm too tired to try it now, but I'll try the install one more time another night.

Thank you kernelhappy. I was having the EXACT same problem as you and these instructions worked for me. Although it only took me two flashes to make it go through. (Didn't fail quickly the 2nd time, as it actually went all the way through) Thanks again!

#494 alticoupe

alticoupe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

Having trouble installing safe strap 2.0 after a successful install of .79 rooted.

when i push the app, install and then open the app to install the recovery it force closes every time.

has anyone had this issue before?

#495 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Having trouble installing safe strap 2.0 after a successful install of .79 rooted.

when i push the app, install and then open the app to install the recovery it force closes every time.

has anyone had this issue before?

Try downloading busybox.

#496 kernelhappy

kernelhappy

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

Thank you kernelhappy. I was having the EXACT same problem as you and these instructions worked for me. Although it only took me two flashes to make it go through. (Didn't fail quickly the 2nd time, as it actually went all the way through) Thanks again!

Awesome, glad I could help.

I'm still split between whether I was hitting deny in SU, or if there was a file/config/something hanging around that was annoying the stock recovery. I have to make some time to install again.

#497 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

I dont have a cache folder...should I create one? I have a tjcache though...

#498 dawg72

dawg72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYuma, Az

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

Well I'm done trying. I have tried everyway mentioned including the method by kernelhappy. Still comes up with "unble to mount system" for some damn reason and I don't know why. I guess I am doomed to stay on GB. I have reflashed .181 several times and wiped everything several times. I have no other ideas.

#499 mrmoto55

mrmoto55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Where can i get the ics files?

#500 JimmerLangenbrunner

JimmerLangenbrunner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Am I the only one in this thread that managed to flash to 6.16.211? Everything work's great, I used all the methods in this topic and got to ICS fine but....I have no root. I want to try some ROMs. I use the Droidrazrutility to try and root and it fails every. single. time. Everything it needs to do fails because it says access denied or file not found or something like that. Yes I do have my phone not on mass storage mode, but the other two options, still are a form of mass storage so that's probably why. How can I root my phone again? And, can I still fastboot back to .181? Because that seems highly unlikely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users