527 replies to this topic

#501 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Am I the only one in this thread that managed to flash to 6.16.211? Everything work's great, I used all the methods in this topic and got to ICS fine but....I have no root. I want to try some ROMs. I use the Droidrazrutility to try and root and it fails every. single. time. Everything it needs to do fails because it says access denied or file not found or something like that. Yes I do have my phone not on mass storage mode, but the other two options, still are a form of mass storage so that's probably why. How can I root my phone again? And, can I still fastboot back to .181? Because that seems highly unlikely.

Considering this thread is for .79.....if you flashed 211 no you can't go back to GB. There are several threads on rooting the 2XX builds. You should read those.

#502 JimmerLangenbrunner

JimmerLangenbrunner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

I used this topic....how did it get to .211? Not that I really care since it's awesome but I was kind of mislead.

#503 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

I used this topic....how did it get to .211? Not that I really care since it's awesome but I was kind of mislead.

To root, use the Unstuck.211 utility to fastboot the .85 kernel, then boot up using the BP Tools function on the phone. Root using the Razr Utility and then fastboot the .211 kernel. You won't lose data and it takes 5 minutes. There's a couple write ups on here

#504 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

If you used this topic, then you would be on .79 not .211

#505 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

Either I'm confused or you're confused. You posted in a thread for the 79 leak that you installed 211 - "Am I the only one in this thread that managed to flash to 6.16.211?". So 1. you either installed 211 or 79. if you are confusing the two then you shouldn't be flashing. You can check to see which one you installed by going to phone info from system settings. 2. if you installed 211, you're in the wrong thread and no you can't go back to GB. and 3. there are several threads on rooting the leaks. just take 5 minutes and read through them.

#506 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:laurasakura
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Either I'm confused or you're confused. You posted in a thread for the 79 leak that you installed 211. So 1. you either installed 211 or 79. if you are confusing the two then you shouldn't be flashing.

I would tend to agree.
CDMA RAZR MAXX - Running Android 4.1.1 JB - CM10 Unofficial Alpha

#507 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

I want this because it fast boots back to .181 for the OTA. I want to put this on the unsafe side of SafeStrap and then Put .211 on the safe side of SafeStrap.

Posted Image

#508 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

I want this because it fast boots back to .181 for the OTA. I want to put this on the unsafe side of SafeStrap and then Put .211 on the safe side of SafeStrap.

If that can be done I'd definitely like to learn how! I've mostly used bootstrap, not too familiar with safestrap

#509 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

If that can be done I'd definitely like to learn how! I've mostly used bootstrap, not too familiar with safestrap

It can absolutely be done. Just update to .79 per this thread, root it, install Safestrap 2.0, download this (or one of the other flashable .211 ROMS) and put it on your sdcard, reboot into SS recovery, make a backup of your non-safe side, switch to safe mode, if it's your first time with SS just wipe cache & dalvick, if you've used it before wipe data and format system too, then flash the ROM. Reboot to .211. Enjoy.

#510 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

There is a good guide

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

with a lot more detail and some extra stuff that should make it a bit easier and maybe more stable.

#511 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

There is a good guide

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

with a lot more detail and some extra stuff that should make it a bit easier and maybe more stable.

Thanks! I'll definitely try it out when I get some time!

DROID RAZR - running: .79 ICS leak

#512 JimmerLangenbrunner

JimmerLangenbrunner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Either I'm confused or you're confused. You posted in a thread for the 79 leak that you installed 211 - "Am I the only one in this thread that managed to flash to 6.16.211?". So 1. you either installed 211 or 79. if you are confusing the two then you shouldn't be flashing. You can check to see which one you installed by going to phone info from system settings. 2. if you installed 211, you're in the wrong thread and no you can't go back to GB. and 3. there are several threads on rooting the leaks. just take 5 minutes and read through them.

I figured out what happened. I was checking out the .211 leak's topic and downloaded the fastboot file there. Then started downloading the file in this thread, and since they both have the same name I stopped this one's thinking "Oh it must be the same thing." My fault completely.

#513 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I figured out what happened. I was checking out the .211 leak's topic and downloaded the fastboot file there. Then started downloading the file in this thread, and since they both have the same name I stopped this one's thinking "Oh it must be the same thing." My fault completely.

Things happen. Glad you figured out what happened. That's why it doesn't hurt to take an extra few minutes and re-read a thread and an OP to make sure things are what you want. Also just FYI these aren't fastboot files, they're just update zips. Update zips are named for the version you are coming from, in this case 181. That's why all the leaks have 181 in the name. Have to pay attention !!

#514 wallballking

wallballking

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

Are the links down or is it just me?

#515 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

With the OTA going into soak shortly, I'd wait if I haven't gotten it going yet.

#516 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

Removing Safestrap/Bootstrap is not good enough. If they have ever been installed the update will fail. You will need to use Matt's tool or RSD to re-flash .181, re-root, protect root and then update.

My problem was that I installed Bootstrap and flashed recovery before trying this. You have to flash this ICS leak with no recovery installed as it uses the stock recovery to flash. The easiest solution for me was to use the RAZR Tools 1.6 and Fastboot back to a clean .181 install. The process was SBF/Fastboot back to .181, root, install Voodoo OTA, take an su backup, verify the backup works by unrooting and restoring (inside Voodoo OTA), then following the steps at the beginning of this thread. Worked first try without a custom recovery in the way! I'm currently running AOKP on top of the .79 leak and it's so fast it's ridiculous.

So, just to be clear, do not install Bootstrap or Safestrap on your .181 installation before trying to flash this.

I can verify that this was my problem when trying to go from .181 to .79 ICS leak. Thanks for the advice.

#517 Iconography

Iconography

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

The file download links keep giving me a 404 error. Were they pulled?

#518 p0k3y

p0k3y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

This worked great for me going from 181 to 211 as well. I did lose root but was able to gain it back by using Matt's 1.7 utility.

#519 wallballking

wallballking

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

The file download links keep giving me a 404 error. Were they pulled?

Looks like one link is up but the other is still down.

#520 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Looks like one link is up but the other is still down.

Right click and save as. The OTA is just days away, so if you're still on .181 I'd just stay there and wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users