#61 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

OP did not mention this but you are supposed to be FULL STOCK .181 nothing else!!!!!!! No modifications, no bootstrap no nothing. and do not try to avoid fastbooting. If you are too stubborn to fastboot and complain about having to lose all of your "precious" data and yada yada then do NOT post your problems in this thread as you are not doing what they are telling you. I don't want to be d*ck but I get tired after awhile of people trying to find a way around having to fastboot and then talking about the problems they are having.
  • jmp485, jimyv and Picaso86 like this
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#62 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Weirdest fn thing ive seen for a sec.. have been missn my flashing bored with 75..and waiting all primed for official ota i wanted to flash this..ive got all my ota z stashed on my sd card so im familar with side loading in stock recovery.. what the hell i tried this same manner..well n guess it failed somewhere round upgrade mbm r something bout 2 3rd s through upgrade so just tryed again directly.. aready firing up laptop and rsd figuring worst ..second try just straight failed like i was flashing same one i just flashed.. correct reaction i expected..so f it just tryed to boot..of course...softy..nothing but ap menu works...no surprise right?..here is kicker hit recovery just for gigs...it fires up ics recovery? Huh? Green vertically droid..just like 75 leak recovery... could not recall cache caller ect...familar right? Well i figured what the hay... tryed the install update from ex sd...option in newer recovery...and it freaking goes perfectly.. what!!!! The h just happened? Working great on it now tapping @ u.. inpu open any other odd possibilities? Donno jus sharing

Did you really try to directly upgrade from .75 to .79?? LOL
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#63 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

+10000000000

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#64 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Did you really try to directly upgrade from .75 to .79?? LOL

uhh no. Was patiently waiting stock rooted 181 waiting for ota. Was tireed of 75.
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#65 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just tried to side load update instead of op way..

#66 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

And......?

#67 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

was bone stock rooted 181 from rsd 748 sideloaded 173 sideloaded 181..=virgin..rooted. procected root.. binary ect. Then side loaded this

#68 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

was bone stock rooted 181 from rsd 748 sideloaded 173 sideloaded 181..=virgin..rooted. procected root.. binary ect. Then side loaded this

From stock recovery? And it worked?

#69 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Weirdest fn thing ive seen for a sec.. have been missn my flashing bored with 75..and waiting all primed for official ota i wanted to flash this..ive got all my ota z stashed on my sd card so im familar with side loading in stock recovery.. what the hell i tried this same manner..well n guess it failed somewhere round upgrade mbm r something bout 2 3rd s through upgrade so just tryed again directly.. aready firing up laptop and rsd figuring worst ..second try just straight failed like i was flashing same one i just flashed.. correct reaction i expected..so f it just tryed to boot..of course...softy..nothing but ap menu works...no surprise right?..here is kicker hit recovery just for gigs...it fires up ics recovery? Huh? Green vertically droid..just like 75 leak recovery... could not recall cache caller ect...familar right? Well i figured what the hay... tryed the install update from ex sd...option in newer recovery...and it freaking goes perfectly.. what!!!! The h just happened? Working great on it now tapping @ u.. inpu open any other odd possibilities? Donno jus sharing

and this..it successfully sideloaded only after 2 fails a reboot into soft brick reboot in ap menu hit recovery again.and it fires up the new ics recovery. I try to flash it AGAIN... success.

#70 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

From stock recovery? And it worked?

like i said. I was already firing up laptop....i would hesitate to use WORKED but yes.

#71 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Odd thing was ..it worked.....through the new recovery .

#72 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Odd thing was ..it worked.....through the new recovery .

Thanks for breaking the new ground. Could this be a new brute-force method?

#73 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Exactly what i was wondering.. it was actually in the new ics recovery ( which could only have come from the partial flash) and it accepted this same update and flashed in full with complete success weird... righ?

#74 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Exactly what i was wondering.. it was actually in the new ics recovery ( which could only have come from the partial flash) and it accepted this same update and flashed in full with complete success weird... righ?

Maybe we could try this method with newer leaks like from .84 to .85?

I have heard fail stories but only having to do with mount problems.

#75 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

lol no offense but if you look back at your original post, it was barely english. So sorry for the assumptions. ANYWAY, I just found this on rombot:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It is NOT the same leak as one in OP and I shall warn everyone that THIS IS AN UNKNOWN ICS LEAK UPDATE ATM AND I AM NOT LIABLE OR ANYTHING SO DONT BE F*ING STUPID LIKE THE LAST LEAK AND BLAME THE POSTER YOU WH*RES. lol, with that being said, I wonder what build version it is. ;)

Attached Files

#76 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

This leak is applied over 181 not 173 like. 75 was. This is applied over same ota as 84 and 85.....sorry bout my bad literary skills .
  • theonlycosmic likes this

#77 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

This leak is applied over 181 not 173 like. 75 was. This is applied over same ota as 84 and 85.....sorry bout my bad literary skills .

lol, it's ok I was just a little confused. :)

#78 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

For those wondering:

.79 kernel: 3.0.8-ge5a0f66 hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid52 #1
.84/.85 kernel: 3.0.8-gc895fbe hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid52 #1

Same webtop (wt-3.0.0-beta)

.79 Build date: Thu Apr 12 00:09:53 CDT 2012
.84 Build date: Thu Apr 26 00:34:22 CDT 2012
.85 Build date: No idea but you can search ;)

.79 Baseband (radio): CDMA_N_04.17.00R LTEDC_U_08.17.00
.84 Baseband (radio): CDMA_N_04.19.00R LTEDC_U_08.17.00
.85 Baseband (radio): No idea

.79 Build number: 6.7.1-68_DHD-15_M4-11
.84 Build number: 6.7.1-68_DHD-15_M4-16
.85 Build number: Once again, no idea

I'm in the process of dissecting the update.zip to see what else is in there...

#79 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

nvm

#80 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Ok there is a definite difference between these two builds 181..Gb... add this =ics...i know the difference between the to stock recoveries.. im saying it wrote over its own partial flash....not supposed to happen..it recognized it as a legit update and flashed in full..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users