Photo

Ics 4.0.4 Update (6.16.203) - No Downgrading From This!

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#361 razrnater

razrnater

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Installation aborted and now i have a brick!

Ok.....duh....got it into recovery and reinstalled the update.

She's booting now......

#362 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Well time for another thread 204 pretty sweet
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#363 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

So was a semi working method released to go forward? If anyone happens to have any info on it and would be able to pm me the steps that would be appreciated. If we are still waiting until ota to drop before method is released I am good w that too

#364 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

there was a way to supposedly install .203 over .84 but when I personally tried it, I softbricked and barely got back to .84. Maybe a more reliable method is being tested, if so I don't know about it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#365 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

there was a way to supposedly install .203 over .84 but when I personally tried it, I softbricked and barely got back to .84. Maybe a more reliable method is being tested, if so I don't know about it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Refer to Matts recent thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Invictus Maneo!

#366 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Why would you flash a .181 radio.img file while on .203?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Because my radio wasn't working at all on.203, and the latest fasboot file is .181. It was the only way I could think of at the time to try to determine if the radio hardware was bad. I don't think it's hardware, it seems to be software. That's why I was hoping Matt could make a new full radio.img from a known good system dump of .203.

#367 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Update. Mattlgroff sent me the radio.img from .79. That fixed the problem. I don't know why but it did. I'm just going to chill for awhile and not flash anything else unless / until a 203 compatible fastboot file comes out.

Thanks a lot @ Mattlgroff you just saved me $650. I was going to goto Verizon tomorrow and pay full price for a RAZR Maxx if i didn't get this resolved today.

Mattlgroff should be voted Lord High Admiral of Android.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#368 exalted911

exalted911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

What problems did you have with 203 and radio? I have had zero issues with this update and was wondering what happen to your phone when you updated yours.
PS: have you guys noticed that under settings if you hit more and then mobile networks, then network mode its setup as global network now??
I am really digging the 203 build. even cut the rope works perfectly on it. only issue that I have has is some minor flash issues but other than that its flawless.

#369 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

What problems did you have with 203 and radio? I have had zero issues with this update and was wondering what happen to your phone when you updated yours.
PS: have you guys noticed that under settings if you hit more and then mobile networks, then network mode its setup as global network now??
I am really digging the 203 build. even cut the rope works perfectly on it. only issue that I have has is some minor flash issues but other than that its flawless.

My radio wouldn't stay locked on any signal more than a few seconds, making the phone totally unusable for data, calls, texts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users