Photo

Ics 4.0.4 Update (6.16.203) - No Downgrading From This!

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#1 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

HUGE warning to all who even consider this update. Like the 6.14.84.85 updates that have people stuck on them, this update will leave you stranded with no hope of ever going to anything else ever again, including gingerbread. Those evil and sad words aside...

Download Link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is to be applied over 6.12.181 if you dare...

Happy hunting. Thanks to bstrong for finding this update!

*Temple Run is supposed to work great on this*

Posted Image

Edited by mattlgroff, 16 May 2012 - 07:39 PM.

• jroc and cynnar like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Oh man... this sounds interesting... Somebody go wake up the Devs. :) Man where's Matt when you need him. Lol...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

I certainly wouldn't flash it ;) I was just looking through it

We're testing it now (4.0.4.) Matt, Vicious, EZCats, Ghost, and Moi.

Utilizing EZCats Phone, we ran the Kboss Method with the 4.0.4 Update, and it has failed. Equivalent to the same way .85 fails when trying to upgrade .84.

Still waiting on the regular OTA install from Vicious, I will update this post when he gets done going through the ropes.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#4 bokajay

bokajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

We're testing it now. Matt, Vicious, EZCats, Ghost, and Moi.

X

Awesome.. crossing my fingers it will be useful for those stuck on .84/.85 at the very least. Even if it is not RSD flash-able
  • grn4frk likes this

#5 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

We're testing it now (4.0.4.) Matt, Vicious, EZCats, Ghost, and Moi.

Utilizing EZCats Phone, we ran the Kboss Method with the 4.0.4 Update, and it has failed. Equivalent to the same way .85 fails when trying to upgrade .84.

Still waiting on the regular OTA install from Vicious, I will update this post when he gets done going through the ropes.

X

Fingers crossed. :)
Posted Image

#6 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

You know what, this is off topic for this thread. Someone should start a new one.

Agreed. Let's keep it on topic folks. There will be a thread soon for discussion on the new leak soon. Hold your thoughts until then.

The great advantage of this 6.14.79 leak is of course (while it might not be as fresh as some of the newer ones) it's a much lower risk since it is compatible with our current tools.

[ Courtesy of Hotel California ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#7 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

Lmao. Is Motorola going after crackflashers like homeland security going after terrorists. Almost every leak coming out, be careful crackflasher you'll get stuck. :blink:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#8 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

I have a quick question. When you devs test a leak, such as this one with no chance of ever going back in the near future, how do you go about it? Do you guys just have a bunch of phones that you are able to sacrifice for the greater good, or is there some sort of virtual machine such as virtualbox that the rom could be booted up with to peek around and see whats what. Might be a dumb question but i was just curious.

#9 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

I have a quick question. When you devs test a leak, such as this one with no chance of ever going back in the near future, how do you go about it? Do you guys just have a bunch of phones that you are able to sacrifice for the greater good, or is there some sort of virtual machine such as virtualbox that the rom could be booted up with to peek around and see whats what. Might be a dumb question but i was just curious.

I have 2 phones, and we pretty much just go guns a blazin' and hope we don't brick. I tend to brick and learn a lot from it though!
  • JimmyInTheROC, Roo, Krazr and 1 other like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#10 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

I have 2 phones, and we pretty much just go guns a blazin' and hope we don't brick. I tend to brick and learn a lot from it though!

Hats off to you fellas then

#11 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Lmao. Is Motorola going after crackflashers like homeland security going after terrorists. Almost every leak coming out, be careful crackflasher you'll get stuck.

Oh, hell yeah! My back-up DX suffered recently, until some peoples found a creative (VERY!!!) work-around. It was a surprise for some of us when root was lost, and we could not re-root, nor could we RSD back. Motor &/or VZW are locking out phones, one by one. No surprise if the new Razr series is affected. Some are jumping Moto ship for other phones that can still be flashable. As long as I can theme AND have root, I'll be ok. I'm not too concerned with ROMs. IMHO, ROMs don't make much sense until the final software release, anyway. Doesn't make much sense to lock one's self to a soon-to-be-outdated OS with a lesser radio. Theming, however, makes sense.

#12 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

Is anyone working on forcing this over .84? In the previous thread it looked like people who were already softbricked were trying to sideload this somehow. Am somewhat anxious to get off of .84 now lol.

#13 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

What's up with that crazy build number? 6.16.203- it would be worth it just to play temple run again..lol

#14 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

Is anyone working on forcing this over .84? In the previous thread it looked like people who were already softbricked were trying to sideload this somehow. Am somewhat anxious to get off of .84 now lol.

I am always working on this exactly thing. I got an 6.14.85 bricked phone I'd love to get fixed. Dhacker is working on a cool idea utilizing this update, stay tuned later today we may have some progress. I don't want to give false hope though.

What's up with that crazy build number? 6.16.203- it would be worth it just to play temple run again..lol

I guess Motorola going from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 decide to do a huge leap.

#15 grn4frk

grn4frk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:offenbergerab
  • Google+:113193353093127849150
  • LocationCharlotte, NC (Live in Boone, NC for school)

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

I got excited when I first saw this thread..then realized i'm still stuck on .84 for the foreseeable future. It's still nice to know that Moto is working hard....build numbers keep going up and now it's with android 4.04.

#16 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

I wish I could see the future to know whether or not this is going to be the OTA. The one thing that bothers me is that this is the first 4.0.4 buld that we've seen. What do you think the odds are that the first 4.0.4 build becomes official?

#17 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

This gives me a very odd feeling. Hopefully we can figure a way to get off .84/.85 with this otherwise my feeling is we may really be stuck for a while.

#18 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

I wish I could see the future to know whether or not this is going to be the OTA. The one thing that bothers me is that this is the first 4.0.4 buld that we've seen. What do you think the odds are that the first 4.0.4 build becomes official?

Just wait. I can say this with complete confidence that this won't be the official ota.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#19 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

I am always working on this exactly thing. I got an 6.14.85 bricked phone I'd love to get fixed. Dhacker is working on a cool idea utilizing this update, stay tuned later today we may have some progress. I don't want to give false hope.

Matt, When your stuck on .84, false hope is sometimes better than no hope at all. Lol :)
Posted Image

#20 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

Just wait. I can say this with complete confidence that this won't be the official ota.

So do you have knowledge of the ota being 4.04??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users