Photo

[ROM] [xt912] [JB .16] Blurry 2.2 (Official Build 10-18-13)

• Please log in to reply
1287 replies to this topic

#61 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

I have tried to install this ROM 3 times so far. I've followed the instructions, to the letter, but as the phone gets to the set-up screen, where you tell if "English or other", I get a message saying "Unfortunately, Text Messaging has stopped". I do nothing, and let the phone sit for 5+ minutes (without going through set-up), and then reboot. As I get back to the set-up screen, where I select English, I get the same "Unfortunately, Text Messaging has stopped". It has a button that I can "Ok" it, but it also goes away by itself. So I select English, and the phone goes into "Please wait, this may take a few minutes".....which is where my phone stays. I've yet to get past this screen. I can get into setting, via the pull down, from the top. I connected to wi-fi from here, but when I exit, I'm still stuck at the "Please wait" screen. I've waited as long as 2 hours. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as this looks like a WAY sweet ROM.

If it matters, I'm installing in a newly created ROM slot 2.

Odd error. I would redownload the ROM. Have CDMA RAZR, right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#62 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Happy 4th dude, thanks for the amazing ROM.

Right on man!

#63 ddodge68

ddodge68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNW Iowa, USA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Odd error. I would redownload the ROM. Have CDMA RAZR, right?

Yes, XT912 Razr. I actually did re-download the ROM last night.  Then deleted the slot, and started over.  It's very odd, because I can get into setting, via the pull down notification bar, but it simply won't get through set-up.  Gonna delete slot again, and try one more time.

#64 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yes, XT912 Razr. I actually did re-download the ROM last night. Then deleted the slot, and started over. It's very odd, because I can get into setting, via the pull down notification bar, but it simply won't get through set-up. Gonna delete slot again, and try one more time.

Its weird because its stock messenger, so it should not fc.

#65 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Yes, XT912 Razr. I actually did re-download the ROM last night. Then deleted the slot, and started over. It's very odd, because I can get into setting, via the pull down notification bar, but it simply won't get through set-up. Gonna delete slot again, and try one more time.

I just had what happened to you happen to me when I tried to install a rom into slot 2. I deleted slot 2, activated slot 3 & installed the rom. Profit. I think safe strap may become corrupt with all the changes we make. One time I couldn't make a backup. It said it did but it didn't. I had to uninstall SS and reinstall.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• ddodge68 likes this

#66 ddodge68

ddodge68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNW Iowa, USA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

I just had what happened to you happen to me when I tried to install a rom into slot 2. I deleted slot 2, activated slot 3 & installed the rom. Profit. I think safe strap may become corrupt with all the changes we make. One time I couldn't make a backup. It said it did but it didn't. I had to uninstall SS and reinstall.

That solved it. I'd have never thought of that.  Thanks!!!

#67 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

That solved it. I'd have never thought of that. Thanks!!!

Glad it worked. Incidentally, if you ever have to reinstall SS, be sure to do it in stock mode.

#68 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

I've been onboard this for a little over a day now and liking the current beta a lot. Have been on and tried all the others. This one certainly ranks up there. Experiencing a little bit of lag between and selection of apps at times but this is comparing to a different ROM AOKP build which has it's own problems of course. Looking forward to further dev on this and an official release. Keep up the great work! Liking the features - audio settings, ect...

#69 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

I'm getting lag also

#70 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

This Rom looks great and is loaded with features for being 4.1.2. I have started having some problems though. After a reboot the tweakerz app will not load the modules back up again. I tried to manually load the modules and the phone reboots. When I woke up this morning the phone was lagging. I checked setcpu and for some reason the max CPU was at 600..there was nothing higher to select. I love the themeing with this ROM. I do hope the bugs get worked out as this is a very nice looking ROM. Keep up the great work.

#71 charlie115

charlie115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Not a fan of tweakers app seem to cause more trouble then profit works better to install scripts and use manager to set to your liking. This is a general post to thread not the dev! I love this rom

#72 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

This Rom looks great and is loaded with features for being 4.1.2. I have started having some problems though. After a reboot the tweakerz app will not load the modules back up again. I tried to manually load the modules and the phone reboots. When I woke up this morning the phone was lagging. I checked setcpu and for some reason the max CPU was at 600..there was nothing higher to select. I love the themeing with this ROM. I do hope the bugs get worked out as this is a very nice looking ROM. Keep up the great work.

That is troubling. The tweakerz app was never needed because a init.d script loads the modules and automatically changes CPU frequencies, governors, and scheduler based on screen state. Tweakerz was included for people if they wanted to play with the frequencies and millivolts themselves, but in order to do that you would need to delete the governor init.d script. It sounds like there was some kind of conflict between the app and the init.d script when there shouldnt have been. The reason you saw 600 Mhz as the max frequency is because that is the max frequency for the screen off. When the screen comes back on it should reset to defaults. The script has been tested thoroughly so I know the script itself works. If a reboot didnt fix the problem, then something horribly wrong happened lol. Try reloading the ROM and dont change anything in Tweakerz. If it still doesnt function properly after that, PM me.

Not a fan of tweakers app seem to cause more trouble then profit works better to install scripts and use manager to set to your liking. This is a general post to thread not the dev! I love this rom

I gotcha. We definitely agree about that. It was just included for folks who like to mess around and see how far they can push the CPU without having to worry about the settings sticking after a reboot. I probably should include some kind of message to let people know they have to delete the governor init.d script to use it properly.

#73 misterk267

misterk267

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, Nexus 7, Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Great ROM...can't wait to see the final release. Seriously, these options integrated into a blur ROM is just amazing. I do have a suggestion though. Many people, myself included, prefer the power toggles app over integrated toggles. If maybe there were a secondary flashable zip that removed the integrated ones, this would be absolutely perfect. Thanks for the ROM!
  • Sinju33 likes this

#74 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Great ROM...can't wait to see the final release. Seriously, these options integrated into a blur ROM is just amazing. I do have a suggestion though. Many people, myself included, prefer the power toggles app over integrated toggles. If maybe there were a secondary flashable zip that removed the integrated ones, this would be absolutely perfect. Thanks for the ROM!

Yeah, I did that originally for the bionic version. It will be an option for the final release.

• aksaunders, Sinju33 and jrazrz like this

#75 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Came across an app called "Seeder"

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It has virtually taken all lag out of the phone with this ROM - running on moderate setting.

#76 charlie115

charlie115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

Seeder is another app like tweakers more of a look at me app!!! You might think the lag is gone haha just slows everything down so you don't notice a lag in between apps runs all the time and shortens battery. Just a common post not jumping on you those are just a few things that I've come across with seeder.Oh have I said how much I love this ROM yet today!!

#77 fatmando2

fatmando2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Came across an app called "Seeder"

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It has virtually taken all lag out of the phone with this ROM - running on moderate setting.

Agreed, I used seeder a little while back and thought it worked at first and then everyone said it was just a placebo effect so stopped using it but after not using it for a few months I thought I'd try it again and I can say for certain it made a definite improvement, plus with moderate set I haven't noticed any additional battery drain!

#78 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Well thanks for the advice on Seeder and I don't know whether it's to blame or not but am having an app/storage issue and can't install a larger app now - no how, no way with 800mb free in app space and after moving other's to internal. I'm running a 2GB data partition. Have no clue what's up with this. :(

#79 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Well thanks for the advice on Seeder and I don't know whether it's to blame or not but am having an app/storage issue and can't install a larger app now - no how, no way with 800mb free in app space and after moving other's to internal. I'm running a 2GB data partition. Have no clue what's up with this. :(

Sounds like a safestrap problem. Ive randomly run into this on my bionic before with multiple roms. For some reason, even with a big data partition, it would randomly throw out the insufficient storage error when installing certain apps. Doesnt make any sense.

#80 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Sounds like a safestrap problem. Ive randomly run into this on my bionic before with multiple roms. For some reason, even with a big data partition, it would randomly throw out the insufficient storage error when installing certain apps. Doesnt make any sense.

What's the fix if so? Completely start over after backing up with installing SafeStrap from stock or simply deleting and restoring the slot OR starting from scratch with a clean install of the ROM?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users