Motorola Android Software Upgrade News

soak test

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yea either way .209 is most likely gonna be official. :)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Just a matter of weeks till we know for sure. Heck they might just throw .206 out there as the official.

#22 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Soak invites go out usually on Tuesday then the dl is sent usually Thursday. So that could just be the planned date for the invites to go out. I'm staying back on .181 though since I'm in the soak group.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#23 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Soak invites go out usually on Tuesday then the dl is sent usually Thursday. So that could just be the planned date for the invites to go out. I'm staying back on .181 though since I'm in the soak group.

Staying on .181, got a link for the soak group? I'm going to sign up for it too.

#24 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

it's been tested here for the past month, hasn't it? They read the feedback, I will say 209 was the easiest update I ever installed. Got home at 6:35 last night and by 7:15 I was on 209 and rooted. Best of all, my apps downloaded a single prompt as soon as I signed into Google then the updates installed as well. The only app I had to install myself was the Razr Bootstrap. This may be the version that is as ready as ICS will ever be for initial update. They may have some tweaks in a couple of months post release but that's to be expected. is anyone who installed this version unhappy with it?

#25 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

I have seen soak test done just a couple days before full release. But with something like this where its more than just a GB update, I doubt they would do that. While I do hope this turns true, I have a good feeling it won't be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#26 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Just registered, hopefully the soak starts soon.

#27 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Staying on .181, got a link for the soak group? I'm going to sign up for it too.

Juts Google Motorola Feedback Network and sign up

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#28 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

Juts Google Motorola Feedback Network and sign up

Got it. Already signed up :)

#29 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Got it. Already signed up

I didn't even realize that was you that asked for it lol

#30 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

yep i figured id roll mined back from 79 to 181 just in case soak test emails come out today or tomorrow
Posted Image

#31 aety9

aety9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Just registered for the Motorola Feedback Network (MFN):

For anyone interested - go to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Create account or log in-
Then Opt in for the Motorola Feedback Network.

Hope to see some ICS Soon!

#32 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

I was hoping that they had some place where they were actively looking for testers but then I remembered how they just send e-mails to a few lucky individuals. I doubt that ICS deployment could be on 6/12 UNLESS they have already performed a soak test and kept it hush-hush, which is highly improbable and would be really impressive. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the day they begin contacting soak test candidates.
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#33 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Yea either way .209 is most likely gonna be official. :)

No soak yet.
I'm usually on the soak list.

#34 aety9

aety9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

I was hoping that they had some place where they were actively looking for testers but then I remembered how they just send e-mails to a few lucky individuals. I doubt that ICS deployment could be on 6/12 UNLESS they have already performed a soak test and kept it hush-hush, which is highly improbable and would be really impressive. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the day they begin contacting soak test candidates.

Wouldn't surprised if Motorola devs have been lurking XDA and other forums, just watching everyone try out those 'leaks' - making improvements and implementing fixes based off of feedback from posters. Honestly, that may be a better 'SOAK' test the the actual soak test. lol

#35 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well, I've never heard of a company leaking a software update to do that. I would think that for CYA, they would go through a more formal process of testing rather than monitoring message forums for bugs and potential problems. This update is a huge shift from GB. I personally think it would be unlikely that they would base testing solely off of that.

However, leaking a software update takes the liability off software manufacturer if the phone bricks, then they can say you voided your warranty by modding your phone or what-not. And then they can make extra money by you buying a new phone from them or getting yours fixed. That sounds more like Motorola...sorry for bashing lol. But, some Motorola developers could be monitoring for bugs and problems so that by the time they do a soak test, Verizon and the testers won't find any bugs to stall deployment and the soak goes by relatively quick.

I do think we are really getting close to offical OTA time. When Motorola put up those videos of the Droid Razr running ICS, it shows that they are preparing big time. I don't think they would have released those and then two months later, it finally is updated. The update is definitely coming soon...
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#36 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

209 still has the volume bug that randomly doesn't want to play audio when watch a video or playing music. I have to toggle volumes in the menu/settings/sound to get volume back or reboot. 209 still isn't ready imo

#37 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

209 still has the volume bug that randomly doesn't want to play audio when watch a video or playing music. I have to toggle volumes in the menu/settings/sound to get volume back or reboot. 209 still isn't ready imo

I haven't run into that one yet, how best to reproduce it?

#38 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

...smells like an undercover Motorola dev :P

#39 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

I haven't run into that issue ever on mine.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#40 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

...smells like an undercover Motorola dev :P

I know right! Becomes a member 1 month before the leaks start popping up and unless its just not showing all his posts he hasn't posted until recently.

If you are get that ics out to us. If not my apologies. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: soak test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users