• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#161 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

I don't want to post a build to have someone give me feedback 1-4 hours later after a bunch of people download and say nothing one way or the other.

I was able to get the XT925 working because I had someone who was able to be there for the entire day, I need someone who is ok with flashing all day If that's what it takes that is capable of giving intelligent feedback and I prefer using Gtalk for this, It's gotten really annoying to have people spam my PM with requests but to have never had a single person really available to test, that's why I've pretty much ignored the 907 and until recently the 925.

I can build 50 potential roms for this phone but can test 0 so you see my situation, I probably sound like a d-bag but It's more annoying for me than It is for most people reading this because I actually do want to complete this project, where some folks are ok with coming here now and then to post boring stuff like "Add iOS7 features" "Project dead" and so on.

If this project is dead It's because nobody is volunteering to test builds and that's not on me; MIUI has an iOS7 theme which does give you all the iOS7 'features' sans fingerprint scanner so that really is reductive to ask for and I can't be bothered to re-configure my development area when I always have a project I'm busy with; I'm not going to put my work on hold for a few hours, maybe a full day to wait for feedback on something for a device I don't own, don't have a ton of time to spare like that.

Please, please, please, someone give me 6-7 hours of your time so I can finally finish this and move onto source building ideal CMs and LewaOS

I want ask you how you made this rom, if is it patchrom or port from another phone. Because now i use modified stock and battery life is great, better then your miui. Im able respond you as soon as posible ( i have family and more jobs ). But if you send me link on PM i test your rom and give you feedback. So? :)

Isnt problem flash rom x per day. Im one of czech translator of MIUI v3.

• neckchop likes this

#162 hyro864

hyro864

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

I'm willing to test & give immediate feedback. I'm on eastern time in US. When is a good time for you?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• neckchop and romma1 like this

#163 romma1

romma1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I can test a couple a week... Not too technically savvy, but I can describe bugs in laymans terms. I have been flashing betas for a few years now. I love MIUI. I do not care what some people think about it. I love that android has all of these capabilities.

• neckchop likes this

#164 romma1

romma1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Is the OP the actual latest build? or is there a more recent one hiding somewhere?

#165 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ok, going to send a test link to the following people in ETA 20: Mastnacek, Noigel.

@Romma1: Sorry, waiting a few days for feedback won't work for me; I want to move at a fast pace and I just woke up so let it begin..

• neckchop and romma1 like this

#166 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

The source CMs are not even good for ports so for anything further I may have to source build CM without commits that hurt MIUI; I know It's not cool to slag source builders but the inclusion of SELinux and other pointless things have really created a general problem for everyone who ports; and It's pretty annoying to have to use a old build.

I realize most source builders don't understand how to omit some commits and stuff but maybe learn? It's easier to build in Linux than it is to port...

I mean I don't want to but eventually I'm going to have to do something ignorant like release CM10.x builds over resident source builders because outside of the rom they're building, no other contribution is possible and It's a bit lazy.

People who use windows don't like UAC because It's invasive and hurts functionality; people don't like SELinux for the same reasons stop using it.

#167 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

OK, uploading now for real; may as well post a build here as well and spam this thread I guess when It's uploaded; It took a little while to find a base since our source builders have a habit of deleting their old work (lolol)

• neckchop and hyro864 like this

#168 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Leave feedback ASAP, this likely won't be fully functional but should be a 'proper' resolution match

#169 rca29

rca29

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'm about to download now. Tomorrow I will be home all day and I'll have nothing to do. So I can test tomorrow. I'll look back at this later tonight and tomorrow morning to see if youd like me to. I'll be as detailed as possible

#170 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I want ask you how you made this rom, if is it patchrom or port from another phone. Because now i use modified stock and battery life is great, better then your miui. Im able respond you as soon as posible ( i have family and more jobs ). But if you send me link on PM i test your rom and give you feedback. So? :)

Isnt problem flash rom x per day. Im one of czech translator of MIUI v3.

I made this as a normal port, It's done the traditional way but the one in OP is quite old and has resolution issues.

I can't get people to test CM10 base builds so clearly I'm not going to be able to get someone to provide me with an ADB dump of the stock rom for Patch purposes which is really too bad, because LewaOS has released patch too.

My intentions are to pick THREE devices to officially support as a member of the Porting team, So far It's the 925, 926, and I have room for one other; It won't be this phone if people can't meet me halfway; I don't want a full review of the rom I post, I want a fast word on wither it boots or not and what FCs and doesn't.

On-screen Nav keys, these things I've left out for the sake of time to find a good base..

#171 potato1

potato1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Flashing now

#172 potato1

potato1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I don't know if its me but I tried to flash and it failed. I factory reset and mounted system and didn't work

#173 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Actually, since I still haven't found a tester I can communicate with in realtime I'll update OP of this thread.

#174 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

OK, now the project is dead, people who post this can now say it justified.

Check the OP of this thread for info on how to do this and maybe someone can pick it up lol; on to the next.

#175 hyro864

hyro864

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Won't boot for me

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#176 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Potato1 had a flash fail..... Same with ^^ Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Motorola Droid Razr M

#177 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

True but I'm done playing the post wait a few hours re-post game, I'll post all the resources needed to do a port of this from the CM10 base rom in a bit and other people can try different bases; I don't own this phone and It's a PITA for me to do it this way, if people can find a booting base I would be more than glad to help them with troubleshooting any errors; but I really am finished with trying to do work on this at such a staggered rate It's a huge waste of time for me.

The only request I've really made is to have some kind of live communication; I don't ask for money or anything like this, If I can't be met halfway I can't be bothered to give a fk any further

#178 rca29

rca29

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Wouldn't fash for me either. If your willing to keep developing this ill download gtalk and help. Literally all weekend I'll be able to test. I'm willing to stay up or wake up early. I'd love to see this on my phone. And I'm willing to help. Thanks for your previous work.

#179 rca29

rca29

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Wait did you mean hangouts? Lol

#180 potato1

potato1

• Members
  • PipPip