Photo

[ROM][xt907][PORT][4.2.2/4.3] BeanStalk is HERE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

#381 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

I had the sane problem. I had to use Matt's utility. Working great now.

I used Matt's several times. I just now finally got it working. I deleted the emulated folder of SD from root browser. I then copied bean 4.3.07 and gapps to internal SD and flashed from there. Seems good now.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#382 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I just restored with Matt's utility again. That thing is a life saver. Was restoring a 4.1.2 ROM coming from 4.3 and my phone borked. I need some schooling on what to wipe when going between these two ROMs.

#383 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts
  • Google+:pjgraber03
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 (vs980),Razr M (xt907), Galaxy S2(d710),Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (sm-t310), Galaxy tab 2 (p3113)

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Go back a few pages and someone posted to me certain steps how to do it and it worked for me cud I was having the same problem as you

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Donate To Show Your Support for Graber Roms

Currently supporting 17+ devices if you would like your device added PLEASE let me know.....pjgraber@gmail.com

#384 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

I had the sane problem. I had to use Matt's utility. Working great now.

anyone else find it humorous that looney bin is the one who had the autocorrect error of sane?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

• netizenmt and lowvolt like this

#385 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I just restored with Matt's utility again. That thing is a life saver. Was restoring a 4.1.2 ROM coming from 4.3 and my phone borked. I need some schooling on what to wipe when going between these two ROMs.

Something on 4.3 is causing data corruption when you try to restore a backup.  I had some issues with a 4.3 ROM and tried to restore my previous 4.2.2 ROM.  After restore, it said that it failed, but I rebooted anyway.  It booted just fine, but I needed to do a complete initial setup on the ROM.  After a bare bones setup, I deleted my 4.3 backups, re-flashed TWRP, and was able to successfully restore my backup exactly as it had saved. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#386 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Well I decided to try out this 4.3 ROM. Wiped everything except SD card and all flashed good. Booted and signed in. Opened up supersu and it wanted to install the binary so I used twrp . It booted into twrp I hit reboot and it got stuck on the boot logo. Couldn't get back to recovery so I had to use Matt's utility. Wondering what could have been the prob all seemed to go just fine.

#387 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Well I decided to try out this 4.3 ROM. Wiped everything except SD card and all flashed good. Booted and signed in. Opened up supersu and it wanted to install the binary so I used twrp . It booted into twrp I hit reboot and it got stuck on the boot logo. Couldn't get back to recovery so I had to use Matt's utility. Wondering what could have been the prob all seemed to go just fine.

read my post a few above this one. I was experiencing similar issue. Read how I resolved.

#388 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

I used Matt's several times. I just now finally got it working. I deleted the emulated folder of SD from root browser. I then copied bean 4.3.07 and gapps to internal SD and flashed from there. Seems good now.

I'll give it a try when I figure out what all that means. Still learning here. Were you booted into beanstalk when you did that?

#389 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'll give it a try when I figure out what all that means. Still learning here. Were you booted into beanstalk when you did that?

I was booted into beanstalk 4.2.2 when I did this. My beanstalk 4.3 would boot fine initially but on s re boot it would hang at boot logo. If you use root browser you can go to storage - sd0 and you will see an emulated folder. I moved all important stuff from my internal storage to my PC then deleted that folder. I then put bean 4.3 and 4.3 gapps on sd0 or the internal SD and flashed using twrp. Its been fine ever since.

#390 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Just checked and no emulated folder. Perhaps because I'm back on 4.1.2 now. Even did a search and came up empty.

#391 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Just checked and no emulated folder. Perhaps because I'm back on 4.1.2 now. Even did a search and came up empty.

hmmm. So when you go into storage you don't see emulated then 0 then 1? Maybe just wipe your sd0 as and move bean to sd0 after that and try to flash.

#392 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

hmmm. So when you go into storage you don't see emulated then 0 then 1? Maybe just wipe your sd0 as and move bean to sd0 after that and try to flash.

OK I'm mentally challenged. I hit storage then sd0 to look for it and it was sitting right next to sd0 folder. Its like looking for your keys for an hour only to find there in your hand lol. And yes I've done that also.

#393 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Fixed OP for Tim's LAZY ASS :p

• timpohladthomas likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#394 JayS0ul

JayS0ul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNJ USA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Fixed OP for Tim's LAZY rear end :p

Lol thanks. Now when I wanna look at the updates among all the ROMs I don't have go through my history.

#395 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Was running 4.3 again and froze. Forced shutdown and got stuck in boot logo again. Restored with Matt's utility and restored 4.1.2 and positive that emulated folder isn't on that ROM. Gonna flash 4.3 tomorrow and delete that folder then reboot to see what happens.

#396 JayS0ul

JayS0ul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNJ USA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Was running 4.3 again and froze. Forced shutdown and got stuck in boot logo again. Restored with Matt's utility and restored 4.1.2 and positive that emulated folder isn't on that ROM. Gonna flash 4.3 tomorrow and delete that folder then reboot to see what happens.

Make sure you clean flash. If super user is present it'll cause a boot loop. I had that problem. Install a different gapps. Slim apps or something similar. I used slim apps. My only complaint was the battery drain.

#397 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

Make sure you clean flash. If super user is present it'll cause a boot loop. I had that problem. Install a different gapps. Slim apps or something similar. I used slim apps. My only complaint was the battery drain.

I wiped everything and formatted. Flashed ROM gapps and updated su zip for 4.3. . Getting ready to give up on this 4.3 thing I'm scratching my head trying to get it working right.
  • lowvolt likes this

#398 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Don't format. That's where I had my issue

#399 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts
  • Google+:pjgraber03
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 (vs980),Razr M (xt907), Galaxy S2(d710),Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (sm-t310), Galaxy tab 2 (p3113)

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

So with the newest update I'm running into force close issues with a couple programs any reason for that.... Super su and viper audio

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Donate To Show Your Support for Graber Roms

Currently supporting 17+ devices if you would like your device added PLEASE let me know.....pjgraber@gmail.com

#400 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Don't format. That's where I had my issueSent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

My best 4.3 ROM so far has been chankang or whatever its called. All I did was FAC reset and flash. Rebooted a ton of times no prob but it had a echo problem with the phone and total bork trying to restore a 4.1.2 ROM. So I figured I should do everything. Maybe I just screwed up the process going back to 4.1.2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users